Thai customs arrest Australian man for smuggling ketamine

webfact

It's a known date rape drug that can be cystalized in a microwave and then smoked or added to something else being smoked. Think twice before you smoke anything. Never leave a drink on a table and come back to finish it off. Never drink or smoke anything offered by a stranger or "new friend". Be aware of what might be added to cheap bucket drinks.

Excuse me but you don't seem to a have clue what you're on about.

Ketamine for date rape?date rape what? a horse? A hallucinogen in adults(in other words you'd get the bejesus kicked out of you by your prospective rape victim),that is STILL(since 1936) one of the safest Anaesthetics around(they use it on children)that is NEVER smoked.

lol.

not even going to bother correcting you further,

ignorance is bliss,and there is a startling amount of it in evidence on TV,especially concerning drugs,

oh and let me beat you to the punch before you call me a drug user or addict,I'm in the Security Business and have been for 20 years,that's where I got my knowledge.

better for you to update your knowledge base, Ketamine in powder form can and is ingested through smoking by some illegal users.

Ketamine in Thailand is usually bought in the liquid form and then "cooked" on a plate over heat until it crystalizes. I guess a microwave might work too. Although it can be smoked I think the most common method of ingestion is by snorting like one would snort cocaine. It gives a floating sensation and yes there can be a feeling of separation of mind and body.

• Like 2

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few posts discussing moderation have been removed from view. This is against forum rules and we take it very seriously.

Posts were previously removed for another violation of forum rules, which every one of you agreed to when signing up for this forum. Specifically:

In using Thai Visa I agree:

1) To respect fellow members.

3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

wai2.gif

• Like 1

I see in my crystal ball another surtax on tourists to pay for the incarceration of the lovely quality tourists that seem to be visiting these fair shores. Do steroids make the muscles bigger but the brain even smaller?

It's a known date rape drug that can be cystalized in a microwave and then smoked or added to something else being smoked. Think twice before you smoke anything. Never leave a drink on a table and come back to finish it off. Never drink or smoke anything offered by a stranger or "new friend". Be aware of what might be added to cheap bucket drinks.

Ketamine for date rape?date rape what? a horse? A hallucinogen in adults(in other words you'd get the bejesus kicked out of you by your prospective rape victim),that is STILL(since 1936) one of the safest Anaesthetics around(they use it on children)that is NEVER smoked.

lol.

ignorance is bliss,and there is a startling amount of it in evidence on TV,especially concerning drugs,

oh and let me beat you to the punch before you call me a drug user or addict,I'm in the Security Business and have been for 20 years,that's where I got my knowledge.

better for you to update your knowledge base, Ketamine in powder form can and is ingested through smoking by some illegal users.

You my friend are also a jack ass. K is normally and pretty much always ingested through your nostrils. Intravenous is also a method.

Smoking? Hot dam_n... Are you smoking something yourself? Because in all my days I never saw it smoked.

Umm.... there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, dansan. Before you go about calling everyone a 'jack ass' [sic], maybe you allow for the possibility that some things exist that you haven't yet seen. Yes, K can be added to smokeables. See this link, for instance: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/60764-effects-of-smoking-Ketamine

Umm.... there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, dansan. Before you go about calling everyone a 'jack ass' [sic], maybe you allow for the possibility that some things exist that you haven't yet seen. Yes, K can be added to smokeables. See this link, for instance: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/60764-effects-of-smoking-Ketamine

Uh Oh... Me thinks poster may not have read the posts on the link that was sent...

"I've smoked both ketamine HCl and ketamine freebase. At first I thought i got a little somethin from it but after furthe experiments realized it was nothin more than placebo. And it taste like complete shit. Just IM it like your supposed to."

i've used ketamine a few times in the mid '90s to party. it's not a daterape drug and when used with caution less dangerous than alcohol, the number 1 killer out there. back then ketamine was not illegal btw and kinda "underground" compared to MDMA and the likes. this guy probably smuggled it to use it himself and to sell and make a few bucks. i guess it's cheapo available in pharmacies in Khmerland...

• Like 2

I am sure that had he been dressed a little more conservatively, he might have succeeded in passing through, unless he was fingered.

As it is, his appearance, replete with tattoos and tank top, probably set off a few alarm bells.

Have a g'day mate, your cage awaits you.

You'r joking I suppose... hiding shortly those tattoos could (eventually) have been done as security reasons for crossing the border wit the stuff OK...but hiding those muscles obtained so hardly with such pain, do not forget the 23 syringes (not 1 or 2) ...beyond the bounds of possibility for this body builder.biggrin.png

i've used ketamine a few times in the mid '90s to party. it's not a daterape drug and when used with caution less dangerous than alcohol, the number 1 killer out there. back then ketamine was not illegal btw and kinda "underground" compared to MDMA and the likes. this guy probably smuggled it to use it himself and to sell and make a few bucks. i guess it's cheapo available in pharmacies in Khmerland...

When I was living there in 2000 it was $2.50 per bottle and you could get quite a few g's from that.

I see in my crystal ball another surtax on tourists to pay for the incarceration of the lovely quality tourists that seem to be visiting these fair shores. Do steroids make the muscles bigger but the brain even smaller?

Ask the expert the pimp of Pattaya aka T_m Sh__ky Wa_d..re the second part of your post...

even if it tripled in price by now, still cheap enough to get some "stock" and try your luck at the border... i would never do it as i'm too intelligent but that aussie guy doesn't look like a genius so it makes sense to me clap2.gif

Yeah makes perfect sense.

Go to Cambodia... Find out how easy it is to get any substance that you desire.

Go mental on how much money you are gonna make back home.

Go and fool yourself into thinking it's gonna be easy and that you are far more clever than these Khmers any how.

Go and totally forget that you have to deal with the Thais as well...

Go and get totally screwed by a Thai border drug crack down for the coming holidays.

Perfect example of what is commonly known as "Hubris".

Edited by dansan
  • Like 2

i think he will have minor trouble with it compared to carrying coke or yaba... available over counter, own use, no intention to sell in thailand, etc... that guy is out with a fine in no time.

The old advice is always the best advice...

Pay quickly and as early as possible.

• Like 1

It's Australia week, an Aussie rock spider, an ATM skimmer and now one trafficking/importing illegal substances. I have noticed on here that we have a week of one certain nationality. I wonder who it is next week

They do it alphabetically.

Be wary if you are Austrian, and to those Zimbabweans on remand, good luck.

do they do "us" as England , GB, or UK?? pls advise for my next shipment?wink.png

We won't do much time over horse tranquilizer. Maybe a fine and on his way.

Not so sure about that. It has been suggested that ketamine has been/is the drug of choice for the 'drug-n-rob' fraternity recently.........wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

Where?

As there is a possibility that I have perhaps got that totally wrong (drug-n-rob using K), I will retract the above statement. I don't have any links to substantiate the above, so it was a pretty meaningless thing to say..................sad.png

• Like 1

And at the end of the day...

Lets not ever forget that this guy was caught with Pharmaceuticals.

Each one of those bottles came from a registered drug company. This is not some smack story.

These things are legally available over in Cambodia.

Not here for obvious reasons.

But compared to some guy with a bag of heroin, this guy is really not in the same league.

And as they are Pharma's then it also raises the question of how many of us know people that use Pharma's that they shouldn't?

We all know a pill popper or two, maybe they might take the odd Xanex or Vally to get to sleep. In my mind that makes them no better than any K user.

I am sure that had he been dressed a little more conservatively, he might have succeeded in passing through, unless he was fingered.

As it is, his appearance, replete with tattoos and tank top, probably set off a few alarm bells.

Trying to blend in with UK tourists is my take

Good point. He's a bit overdressed for your average Aussie tourist,

• Like 2

Seriously

We all see the news , we all go to S.E. Asia , we all know the consequences ...yet people still think they are smarter

Wake up to yourselves those that think they wont get caught ....seriously wake up and smell what might be the bathroom at the Bangkok Hilton

Go to a foreign country , Enjoy yourself and run riot and destroy your liver and have fun but remember when its all said and done your life no matter what it is " at home " has got to be better than a jail in S.E. Asia

NIL sympathy

lol.

You much check this before you tell something: http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/date-rape-drugs.cfm

The term "date rape" is widely used. But most experts prefer the term "drug-facilitated sexual assault.

Ketamine is a "date rape" drug.

Uh Oh... Me thinks poster may not have read the posts on the link that was sent...

"I've smoked both ketamine HCl and ketamine freebase. At first I thought i got a little somethin from it but after furthe experiments realized it was nothin more than placebo. And it taste like complete shit. Just IM it like your supposed to."

Sure, quote/read selectively if it makes you feel better. But if you try reading the other posts, you'll see some differing opinions, e.g., "I love to do a bump or two of K every now and then and enjoy smoking it as well. I roll up small blunts laced with a small amount dried ketamine powder. It smells like shit when its buring and keeps going out but the effects are pretty nice. I kinda feel like I am smoking angel dust (PCP). Very nice high. Im sure its really bad for you though." I personally think these people are idiots, but that's not the point right now.

• Like 1

And also an avid bodybuilder.. Get bigger...

More room for other tattoos.

He wanted to get more conspicuous

It did work out that way... whistling.gif

I always wonder about men who wear sunglasses on top of their head instead of over their eyes. rolleyes.gifsad.png

Sure, quote/read selectively if it makes you feel better. But if you try reading the other posts, you'll see some differing opinions, e.g., "I love to do a bump or two of K every now and then and enjoy smoking it as well. I roll up small blunts laced with a small amount dried ketamine powder. It smells like shit when its buring and keeps going out but the effects are pretty nice. I kinda feel like I am smoking angel dust (PCP). Very nice high. Im sure its really bad for you though." I personally think these people are idiots, but that's not the point right now.

I agree... That is not the point. The point is to have a grounding of either knowledge or experience.

To randomly post a link without any other information or personal experience is kinda lame. We can all do that.

What is useful and necessary for a discussion forum like this is people to make an educated and informative post.

Blindly quoting sources, posting dubious links and basically being unable to genuinely add to a debate is and would be to completely miss the point of such a forum.

And also an avid bodybuilder.. Get bigger...

More room for other tattoos.

He wanted to get more conspicuous

It did work out that way... whistling.gif

I always wonder about men who wear sunglasses on top of their head instead of over their eyes. rolleyes.gifsad.png

I am also very suspicious of people who wear sunglasses indoors :)

• Like 1

Didn't know what it was until I looked it up.....dangerous stuff....no way it was going to Aussie land....he was going to use it on somebody......

Why keep 23 used syringes? Crossing any border with loads of syringes and vials of anything, much less a controlled substance, suggests that the muscle-building hormones he's been taking have been brain-depleting as well.

• Like 1

lol.

Indeed. Ketamine is known as one of the top 3 date rape drugs.

Personal usage by people has no bearing on what an actual drug can be misused for

• Like 1

Welcome to Thailand mate , you just won your self a free all expense paid vacation in a lovely Thai resort .....Enjoy !!!

There won't be any gymnasium equipment, but you will get plenty of exercise just touching your toes ! cheesy.gif

• Like 1