CNN interview: Yingluck says she not relying on Thaksin

webfact

Yingluck says she not relying on Thaksin
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has given an interview to CNN, saying she has been in control of her government and she has not been relaying on her brother, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

She told Kristie Lu Stout of CNN News Stream that she wanted to be judged by her achievements.

PM: "A lot of key stakeholders so you may have to make sure that you keep all the stakeholders happy."

Kristie: "How do you respond to that [Thaksin's still calling the shots]?"

PM: "Just think that okay we have to work harder to show and to prove. But now two years, I think less criticized about this because if I’m relying on him, I don’t think I can be survived to handle during, especially during the floods, or during the hard time.

Kristie: you’re saying you’ve proven yourself.

PM: "I think I proved myself but people will trust me or not.

On Democrat leader AbhisitVejjajiva's remark about "stupid woman".

PM: "I don’t want to interpret what he means, but only thing that I would like to tell that, please give chance for all ladies or Thai people whoever give the negative. we think that this is the opportunity for us to talk the positive way."

On what she sees as her signature style.

PM: "People don't expect you to play the politic. People expect you to run the country with the sincerity and also doing hard effort as much as you can to deliver what we promised to the Thai people."

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-06

• Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry my fellow posters, this leaves me no choice, I have to post this picture:

attachicon.gifpost-83586-0-65382300-1380952486_thumb.jpg

100% pure BS!!bah.gif

I do believe Colonel Potter would have referred to it as "Horse hockey" or "Road apples".rolleyes.gif

The television interview with K.Thaksin ( not new), completely contradicted what P.M. Yingluck said. he said he was there to advise whenever she was in need of help, and was in constant touch.

He also answered a question re-is she qualified to be P.M. he said sure as she had vast experience from the management of a large company. <deleted> ???

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has given an interview to CNN, saying she has been in control of her government and she has not been relaying on her brother, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

The sad thing is she actually believes the lies she tells are in her mind the truth.

And the sad things is she also thinks no doubt in her own mind people actually believe her comments which in actual fact are nothing more than the puppet master ventriloquists working her strings yet again to the detriment of Thailand and its peoples.

One is starting to wonder whether there is an inherited mental problem within the Thaksin clan where not one of the clan can actually recognize nor has any ability to speak the truth?

I would be happy enough for them to start speaking correctly.

• Like 1

Kristie: "How do you respond to that [Thaksin's still calling the shots]?"

PM: "Just think that okay we have to work harder to show and to prove. But now two years, I think less criticized about this because if I’m relying on him, I don’t think I can be survived to handle during, especially during the floods, or during the hard time.

That's the most misshapen abortion of an evasive answer I have ever seen, she is an embarrassment to the country and its people.

It's obviously a big public sleight on Yingluck this article. But honestly, the answer's are spoken in a way a 6 year old might answer. I will watch the video, but I have a sneaky suspicion she will give a big beaming smile everytime she completes a sentence, a bit like a nervous 8 your old at a beauty pageant.

• Like 1

And the joke was on me…….

She achieved a massive debt, more violence in the South, a greater division of the country, more lawless people, more corruption, loss of face overseas, mistrust among red-shirt supporters, security warnings for tourists, millions of rice missing, the great flooding, hundreds of foreigners in poverty on the streets, 5 new wardrobes, including shoes and designer bags from overseas trips, did I miss any?????

I bet I did…...

She should receive the Nobel Prize for these achievements ……..

Why not... didn't an American president get one for peace and then later brag to the american public that he killed Bin Laden.

Edited by Local Drunk

Achievements !!!!??

Yeah: being second in power for the most unaccountable, corrupt and inept power ever in office here- that takes some serious effort!

When she speaks, its always opposite day!

Then again, CNN doesn't present us with the truth too much either.

• Like 2

Shallow interview from CNN - but better that Dan the halfwit.

Why didn't she ask what YS thought were her major achievements?

Or whether her brother still Skypes in to all the meetings??

Or whether she has any outstanding legal cases that will be wiped with the amnesty law???

• Like 1

I'm no fan of this person but those members pulling the pi$$ out of her english language skills should find another angle to attack her on. I mean there sure are plenty. Giving an interview to CNN in English is the bravest thing she has done as PM IMO. wai.gif

If her answers pop out in a completely inchoerent manner, I would prefer her to conduct the interview in Thai and have it translated. My friends tell me I can speak Thai, but......

• Like 2