CNN interview: Yingluck says she not relying on Thaksin

webfact

I'm no fan of this person but those members pulling the pi$$ out of her english language skills should find another angle to attack her on. I mean there sure are plenty. Giving an interview to CNN in English is the bravest thing she has done as PM IMO. wai.gif

If her answers pop out in a completely inchoerent manner, I would prefer her to conduct the interview in Thai and have it translated. My friends tell me I can speak Thai, but......

I am no fan of hers, but she was gutsy to allow the interview to be in English. Some may say foolish?

• Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no fan of this person but those members pulling the pi$$ out of her english language skills should find another angle to attack her on. I mean there sure are plenty. Giving an interview to CNN in English is the bravest thing she has done as PM IMO. wai.gif

If her answers pop out in a completely inchoerent manner, I would prefer her to conduct the interview in Thai and have it translated. My friends tell me I can speak Thai, but......

I am no fan of hers, but she was gutsy to allow the interview to be in English. Some may say foolish?

I agree. I don't know what her adviser(s) were thinking. This will likely be her last international interview in English for quite some time.

She wants to be judge by her achievements? The only thing she's actually done while PM was host that competition and do lots of overseas shopping. Truly impressive!

She did raise the minimum wage but you are right in a way, she hasn't sent soldiers into the streets and snipers onto the rooftops killing Thai citizens because they have a different political ideology.

• Like 2

Bless........ but of course this is why she doesn't like to answer questions no matter what the language.

And why does she still insist on saying she is the boss when most of her government keep letting it slip that it is really her brother who picks the team and calls the plays (as they say in Kentuckyville) ?

Edited by bigbamboo

Bless........ but of course this is why she doesn't like to answer questions no matter what the language.

And why does she still insist on saying she is the boss when most of her government keep letting it slip that it is really her brother who picks the team and calls the plays (as they say in Kentuckyville) ?

Actually, the Thai voters picked the team that calls the plays, just like they do in Corbin, Hazard, and Covington.

• Like 1

She wants to be judge by her achievements? The only thing she's actually done while PM was host that competition and do lots of overseas shopping. Truly impressive!

She did raise the minimum wage but you are right in a way, she hasn't sent soldiers into the streets and snipers onto the rooftops killing Thai citizens because they have a different political ideology.

That's because there are no "men in black" (except out of respect to the patriarch) among the protesters against this amnesty.

Actually, the Thai voters picked the team that calls the plays, just like they do in Corbin, Hazard, and Covington.

No - you are wrong.

So, she's not relying on her golf caddy? Big Brother's skype-in already forgotten, thoughts of his masterful plan on 'rice' already suppressed? Blanket Amnesty all the fault of the Senate if they'd approve it?

• Like 1

What an amazingly slanted non-interview. In only four plus minutes CNN reduced their position on Thai politics to a single issue; that the PM should be judged according to gender-friendly criteria as opposed to performance.

And not once did they mention that 'Big Brother' was convicted criminal and a fugitive from the the law. They merely said he was 'in exile' as if he was a noble victim of some terribly unfair political persecution.

Puts CNN's sense of journalistic objectivity deeply in question....again.

Edited by marell

"Kristie: "How do you respond to that [Thaksin's still calling the shots?"
PM: "Just think that okay we have to work harder to show and to prove."

No denial, just obfuscation, like her brother in his 'golf caddy' story.

I go with foolish

• Like 1

And the joke was on me…….

She achieved a massive debt, more violence in the South, a greater division of the country, more lawless people, more corruption, loss of face overseas, mistrust among red-shirt supporters, security warnings for tourists, millions of rice missing, the great flooding, hundreds of foreigners in poverty on the streets, 5 new wardrobes, including shoes and designer bags from overseas trips, did I miss any?????

I bet I did…...

She should receive the Nobel Prize for these achievements ……..

Nobel price for you,,,,,,,for total blindness

And the joke was on me…….

She achieved a massive debt, more violence in the South, a greater division of the country, more lawless people, more corruption, loss of face overseas, mistrust among red-shirt supporters, security warnings for tourists, millions of rice missing, the great flooding, hundreds of foreigners in poverty on the streets, 5 new wardrobes, including shoes and designer bags from overseas trips, did I miss any?????

I bet I did…...

She should receive the Nobel Prize for these achievements ……..

Nobel price for you,,,,,,,for total blindness

So which part is blind?

• Like 1

The headline is correct.

It is Thaksin who is relying on Yingluck to get him home free of all charges and get him (The Families) his ill gotten gains back, with interest of course.

As Yingluck is part of the family she would also have a stake in the billions, would she not?

I would like to see her interviewed by Zeinab Badawi. It wouldn't be such a softball interview. I almost wonder if the interview was restricted to certain topics and with the caveat she would not follow up on the answers given, only let the PM speak.

What an amazingly slanted non-interview. In only four plus minutes CNN reduced their position on Thai politics to a single issue; that the PM should be judged according to gender-friendly criteria as opposed to performance.

And not once did they mention that 'Big Brother' was convicted criminal and a fugitive from the the law. They merely said he was 'in exile' as if he was a noble victim of some terribly unfair political persecution.

Puts CNN's sense of journalistic objectivity deeply in question....again.

They also failded to mention that T was unlawfully overthrown by an illegal coup and that the general that led that coup,

Sonthi Boonyaratglin,

is in favor of amnesty. But nooo, TV expert pundit posters who are foreigners know better than the general that led the coup. This is truly Amazing.

How can you be overthrown if you're not PM?

Sonthi is seeking to give himself amnesty - again. Busted flush.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Actually I wonder which of the two came of worse. This was a fawning interview with an angle that wanted to portray a woman as being capable of being a PM. It failed.

So very different from the tough questions Abhisit faced from Michelle Hussein on the BBC.

I doubt if Yingluck would have the courage to go on Hardtalk either.

• Like 2