Newly released convict robs Russian tourist in Pattaya

webfact

Newly Released Convict Robs Russian Tourist In Pattaya
By Khaosod Online

rus.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya police have arrested a man accused of robbing a Russian tourist during her night out in the seaside town.

Ms. Katerina Frolova, 30, told the police that while she was walking in Pattaya street with her husband, a mugger pushed her down before taking away her handbag.

The tourist described the assailant as a young man, wearing dark blue shirt and a pair of camouflage trousers.

After some investigation, the police arrested Mr. Anurak La-Ong-On, 22, a resident of Muang Chonburi district, Chonburi province, whom they accused of committing the crime.

The suspect then confessed to the charge, stating that he had been previously serving sentence for illegal substance abuse and was released from the prison in the same evening he committed the robbery.

He said his motive was to steal her cash so he can buy drugs again.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE16Z3hPVFV3T0E9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-11-07

I wonder what's going to happen IF the amnesty bill gets passed and all the criminals are released....Apocalypse lol

Huh??? The 'amnesty' was not intended to release 'all criminals' or petty criminals like these, but only those individuals involved in political disturbances from the past few years. Of course, there are people around here who would like to believe that every criminal on the street (such as this guy) must be a red shirt...

What was the husband doing through all this while someone is knocking his wife to the ground and grabbing the bag - looking at his I-phone??????

I guess they weren't on their Honeymoon then!

Pattaya can be so distracting for a guy......

• Like 2

I wonder what's going to happen IF the amnesty bill gets passed and all the criminals are released....Apocalypse lol

Huh??? The 'amnesty' was not intended to release 'all criminals' or petty criminals like these, but only those individuals involved in political disturbances from the past few years. Of course, there are people around here who would like to believe that every criminal on the street (such as this guy) must be a red shirt...

chill out boy....re-read the post hes joking...oooooooowwai2.gif

• Like 1

Crossed my mind, of course, but the 'lol' after 'apocalypse' did not clarify. Dad...

Seems like someone is pretty stressed out. LOLgiggle.gif

Hi KRaymond

It was announced yesterday the government has withdrawn the amnesty bill, not going through with it, it was a 300+ to 1 votes to withdraw it.

Yeah my comment was made yesterday. And although it may seem not but i was actually joking. *-*

What was the husband doing through all this while someone is knocking his wife to the ground and grabbing the bag - looking at his I-phone??????

You mean in the three or four seconds it probably would have taken? What would you have been doing in that situation?

Crimes of that nature are a global phenomenon. Since such crimes are normal (even for Thailand), why would reporting it in the press be considered a newsworthy event to begin with.

What I do consider to be a newsworthy topic of discussion, is the "mentality" of a people who, will readily confess (in detail) to a crime, when arrested by police, even though they have not been actually "caught-in-the-act" of commiting said crime.

I really do have difficulty understanding how a people who have absolutely no sense of "accountability" (by cultural, "face-saving" imprinting) to begin with, will so readily confess the details of even other crimes (they've commited), that the police have no knowledge of, at all. The Asian mentality is truly a kaleidoscope of contradictionswhistling.gif .

Thai menfolk can be the meanest bunch of "tough-guys" towards helpless "farangs", and then become the biggest bunch of pussy cats, at the sight of an official uniform.

Hey guys, don't ever commit a crime together with a Thai. If he gets caught, 10-years "afterwards", then you get caught too (also 10-years later). A word to the wise.

I,m amazed that he confessed ! I,ve fired a stream of cashiers and not one of them has ever come close to confessing, even though proof was completely documented. Tough decision here ... either give the guy a medal, or take him behind the police station and give him the treatment the chinese administer to habitual criminals.

This is a sad testament to the system here. You don throw someone in jail for this Get him treatment They don't want you to do drugs so where is are the treatment vacilities

I hope this is a joke about those facilities. In Europe we have them, the tax payer get the bill, and the result is almost nil.

Just beat the sh$t out those junks. 1 time in, 2 time in 3 time in and stay in.

• Like 1