'Person of interest' in custody after Detroit shooting kills 3, injures 6

News_Editor

DETROIT, MICHIGAN (BNO NEWS) -- Police in the U.S. city of Detroit have arrested a person of interest after three people were killed and six others were injured when a gunman opened fire at gamblers in the back of a barber shop, officials said on Thursday, citing an 'ongoing feud' as a possible motive.

The incident happened at approximately 5:47 p.m. local time on Wednesday when a gunman driving a vehicle opened fire at a pick-up truck which was approaching the rear of Al's Barber Shop on the city's east side. He then fired into the rear of the barber shop where approximately 20 to 30 people were engaged in gambling activities.

Detroit Police Chief James Craig said officers arrived on scene within two minutes of a 911 call that reported shots being fired in the area. He said the occupants of the pick-up truck were able to flee the scene unhurt, but nine people inside a small room at the rear of the barber shop were hit by gunfire, killing three of them.

"There was an attempted mass exodus of people from the room, however, the door from the back room to the front of the barber shop opened inward and the victims were stuck in the room," Craig said on Thursday. "Multiple occupants of the room were armed and at least one of them returned fire."

Officers said the gunman was able to flee the scene in his vehicle, but investigators soon determined there was an "ongoing feud" between a particular individual and several members of the gambling party. "Further investigation revealed that this individual may be involved in at least two other violent crimes," Craig said, without giving specific details.

The police chief said officers were able to locate this individual and arrested him on an unrelated Felonious Assault charge by the Oakland County Sheriff's Office. "At this time due to the ongoing investigation we cannot comment on the specifics of this case, but we can say this individual is a convicted felon and was wearing body armor at the time of arrest," Craig said, adding that he would be interviewed by Detroit Homicide Investigators later on Thursday.

(Copyright 2013 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. Info: [email protected].)

So much for gun control laws in any country. The criminals still have them.

This guy, a convicted felon, was not allowed to possess a gun. In fact he wasn't allowed to live in a residence where there was a gun. If a legal owner of a gun had him living there, that legal owner would have to dispose of the gun. The man simply was not allowed by federal law, and state law, to "have access" to a gun.

So much for going into Detroit. I wouldn't go within 100 miles of it. Much of it is in ruins and is a favorite place for terrorist neighborhoods and gang activity.

The gambling activity was illegal so everyone involved was a criminal. There is usually a gang which owns and runs such a place.

There are some places you just don't go, and that includes most countries.

• Like 1

So much for gun control laws in any country. The criminals still have them.

This guy, a convicted felon, was not allowed to possess a gun. In fact he wasn't allowed to live in a residence where there was a gun. If a legal owner of a gun had him living there, that legal owner would have to dispose of the gun. The man simply was not allowed by federal law, and state law, to "have access" to a gun.

So much for going into Detroit. I wouldn't go within 100 miles of it. Much of it is in ruins and is a favorite place for terrorist neighborhoods and gang activity.

The gambling activity was illegal so everyone involved was a criminal. There is usually a gang which owns and runs such a place.

There are some places you just don't go, and that includes most countries.

So which countries would you go to?

Yeah, I am somewhat starting to agree, but still sitting on the fence about what is more dangerous: guns or the stupid people that own them.

WATERVILLE — A city man who accidentally shot part of his face off with a high-powered hunting rifle was in stable condition at a Boston hospital Thursday night, according to his father.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Waterville_man_accidently_shoots_part_of_his_face_off__taken_to_Mass__hospital_.html

Shootings in Detroit..are they really a surprise? (see below):

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2013/10/22/detroit-again-tops-list-of-most-dangerous-cities-but-crime-rate-dips/

A pizza delivery being quicker than a police response is of course nothing new when it comes to Thailand. Do the BiB actually respond to crime?

Best observation on this was by my 9 year old son on seeing a police car passing by at speed, lights and siren at full blast. "Dad. That's something I have never seen before." "What's that?" I replied. " A police car in a hurry to get somewhere."

I did not have the heart to tell him that it was merely running interference for some BKK hotshot in his Porsche close behind, up in CNX for the weekend!

Yeah, I am somewhat starting to agree, but still sitting on the fence about what is more dangerous: guns or the stupid people that own them.

WATERVILLE — A city man who accidentally shot part of his face off with a high-powered hunting rifle was in stable condition at a Boston hospital Thursday night, according to his father.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Waterville_man_accidently_shoots_part_of_his_face_off__taken_to_Mass__hospital_.html

Somewhat unkindly, you could say that the Darwin Awards concept is alive and well and removing dingbats from the prospective gene pool, so perhaps having an over-armed populace does have some plus points...!