The practice of turning on Hazards when going through an intersection - Stupid

oakweb

Help spread the word about this practice, it serves no purpose. Not only that, when they do it, the people in opposite lanes think they might be turning left or right since they can't see the other signal on.

I see no reason to turn on hazards when going through no signal, no stop, intersections.

Help spread the word about this practice, it serves no purpose. Not only that, when they do it, the people in opposite lanes think they might be turning left or right since they can't see the other signal on.

I see no reason to turn on hazards when going through no signal, no stop, intersections.

Spread the word to make Thais stop? Better to just move onto stopping global warming or stopping illegal drugs etc etc ;)

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yeah nah, I'll keep doing it as it is a heap cheaper than new brake pads.

Plus you can change direction quickly and still argue that you were indicating or not really sure where you wanted to go until you were half-way through.

( Been driving here a long time whistling.gif )

Ahhh thats why some don't flash the headlights I guess, I normally flash the headlights as Iam going straight through but maybe I'll stop doing that so they are not sure if I might be turning.

Thanks for pointing that out.

It means going straight through an intersection where most people turn left or right. If you want to stop this practice, you have to start the practice of turning on indicators when turning.

Also at intersections where nearly everybody goes straight they use it.

I'm with the OP, I find it confusing and sometimes outright dangerous when you can't see left and right of another car.

But I just consider it one of the things that are done different here, no big drama.

Am I incorrect in thinking the flashing oncoming headlights is not a greeting? I have always flashed my headlights back, then given a friendly smile to the vehicle passing inches from my car in a friendly fashion. It is rare to see another driver who wishes to be so close. Friendly people here. I will try to share this custom with drivers in other countries.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1