Thai govt warns of tough action if protests against amnesty bill escalate irrationally

webfact

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And none of the above criticise the senate members for not turning up, facilitating continued protest and unrest.......tunnel vision at its best

Well it was PTP who got themselves into this mess of their own making! The Dems are merely keeping the pressure on as any political party might. Besides the democrats are not threatening to burn Bangkok down.

• Like 2

Think if they growing educated ???? Protest leaders could sit down and talk in a good manner to solve this problem after political rules and laws. Instead of destroy the hole country No one gain anything All will loose !!

these who tried to burn down Bangkok get an amnesty, and most probably won a lot money from their leader.

Think if they growing educated ???? Protest leaders could sit down and talk in a good manner to solve this problem after political rules and laws. Instead of destroy the hole country No one gain anything All will loose !!

well got to hand it to you for trying to get your point across! 7 times? lolwai.gif

Chrisswe post # 37

I presume that your comment is based upon the behavior pattern of the red Shirt negotiating team ( worked from Dubai) and their professional efforts to reach a settlement in 2010.whistling.gif

P.S. any reason why your post is shown some 7 times, trying to prove a point were you?

• Like 1

And none of the above criticise the senate members for not turning up, facilitating continued protest and unrest.......tunnel vision at its best

I think that in a case such as this, absolutely all the senators should be there to cast a vote.

Given that by the very nature of their jobs they live in all provinces of the country, giving them a day's notice to be there was unprofessional as well as undemocratic.

Your post, therefore, is balderdash!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"absolutely all senators there to cast a vote"

Right......and when you wake up how do you think in the bright light of the Thai day

You may also take into account it is reported that a group of 40 senators are said to have boycotted the debate, mentioning  "outside person" was lobbying senators to bring forward the amnesty bill debate in a bid to put a quick end to the political protests

Rather suggests your post is embarrassing and my initial post rather more linked to reality

How bright is the light in Lala land?

You seem to be short of a few lumens

• Like 2

Two quotes from "the other" newspaper today:

Red shirt "idol" (?) took to stage on called on supporters to "protect democracy: "If you do not stop, my group will stop you"

And

Pheu Thai list-MP and red shirt leader Cherdichai said: " If the antigovernment protests grew, a million red-shirts would storm into Bangkok to support the government"

Makes the PM's words about, she is worried about the security of the protesters sound a little hollow, when she at the same time is organising "a mob for rent", which almost certainly is going to escalate the situation.

Judging by reports the ongoing antigovernment demonstration has be peaceful and within the law.

Sadly it seems like the red mob is going to change that.

I would like to see the PT-supporters here on Thaivisa, explain the above two statements by their idols!whistling.gif

They would deny those words were spoken and it's all " politically motivated."

Govt warns of tough action if protests escalate irrationally

Can anybody stab a guess as to what is rational escalation and what is Irrational escalation. I assume the reds escalation will be considered rational and the anti-Government protestors escalation will be deemed irrational. There could be more blood on the streets soon and this time not from the arms of 10 year olds volunteered by their parents to have their blood thrown at Abhisits house. I would love to see Yinglucks face if she had 20 liters of Human blood thrown on her drive way.

Why don't you ask the source OP who come up with that headline?

Nice use of the emotive "10 year olds blood volunteered by their parents" where's that one from then, ASTV Manager? You forgot to mention "the deliberate use of HIV tainted blood" but irrelevant anyway as just fanciful emotions from you - though it appealed to the fan club I see.

To get back to the topic the answer is here

Those who successively hold undemocratic activities or attempt to topple the government will face tough action, he warned.

Simple unemotional truth. Not so hard is it?

• Like 1

I think that in a case such as this, absolutely all the senators should be there to cast a vote.

Given that by the very nature of their jobs they live in all provinces of the country, giving them a day's notice to be there was unprofessional as well as undemocratic.

Right......and when you wake up how do you think in the bright light of the Thai day

You may also take into account it is reported that a group of 40 senators are said to have boycotted the debate, mentioning "outside person" was lobbying senators to bring forward the amnesty bill debate in a bid to put a quick end to the political protests

Rather suggests your post is embarrassing and my initial post rather more linked to reality

Replies containing only Insults show you in a very poor light.....

Red shirt "idol" (?) took to stage on called on supporters to "protect democracy: "If you do not stop, my group will stop you"

And

Pheu Thai list-MP and red shirt leader Cherdichai said: " If the antigovernment protests grew, a million red-shirts would storm into Bangkok to support the government"

Makes the PM's words about, she is worried about the security of the protesters sound a little hollow, when she at the same time is organising "a mob for rent", which almost certainly is going to escalate the situation.

Judging by reports the ongoing antigovernment demonstration has be peaceful and within the law.

I would like to see the PT-supporters here on Thaivisa, explain the above two statements by their idols!whistling.gif

You neglected to say that the paper also reports that a red shirt rally will be held at Muang Thong Thani on Sunday and the UDD said they will not move from there to avoid confrontation. Of course the very same paper ignores that and says that the rally could result in a confrontation. Typical <deleted> stirring rag.

Strange how they never quote what suthep and abhisit have been saying in full in the english language newspapers isn't it? It's like there's a self imposed censorship when it suits the cause.

Edited by fab4

And

You neglected to say that the paper also reports that a red shirt rally will be held at Muang Thong Thani on Sunday and the UDD said they will not move from there to avoid confrontation. Of course the very same paper ignores that and says that the rally could result in a confrontation. Typical <deleted> stirring rag.

Strange how they never quote what suthep and abhisit have been saying in full in the english language newspapers isn't it? It's like there's a self imposed censorship when it suits the cause.

Well the Red shirts have a very violent past....

You may also take into account it is reported that a group of 40 senators are said to have boycotted the debate, mentioning  "outside person" was lobbying senators to bring forward the amnesty bill debate in a bid to put a quick end to the political protests

Replies containing only Insults show you in a very poor light.....

Not as poor as 310 flip flopping buffoons

Red shirt "idol" (?) Arisman took to the stage, and called on the protesters to stop:

. "If you do not stop, my group will stop you"

And

Bases on the historic actions of the redshirts, my guess is that the government would assess this as a rational escalation.

And

Pheu Thai list-MP and red shirt leader Cherdichai said: " If the antigovernment protests grew, a million  red-shirts would storm into Bangkok to support the government"

I would like to see the PT-supporters here on Thaivisa, explain the above two statements by their idols!Posted Image

They would deny those words were spoken and it's all " politically motivated."

It also fails to mention that the venue is way too large for the people who can't quite decide what to protest against.

My guess is that a netball court will prove to be adequate

And

You may be gullible enough to believe statements made by Thaksin's mercenary propagandists, but please understand that some of us are much more cynical due to past experience.

• Like 1

Thailand is not only deeply divided but seperated as well.

Bangkok = YELLOW

N+NE = RED

SOUTH = lawless

and the rest of the country is wondering when all this madness stops.

Ordinairy Thais don't give a hood about politics, free handouts and Rice=Rubber- coffee

• Like 1

Thailand is not only deeply divided but seperated as well.

Bangkok = YELLOW

N+NE = RED

SOUTH = lawless

and the rest of the country is wondering when all this madness stops.

Ordinairy Thais don't give a hood about politics, free handouts and Rice=Rubber- coffee

"and the rest of the country is wondering when all this madness stops."

Probably when the instigator of all these problems, one Thaksin Shinawatra, ceases to exhale.

BTW, geographically, you seem to have missed out a large chunk of central and southeast Thailand.

And, most importantly, there are large segments of the Thai population in the areas you cite, who are also very disillusioned with PTP and the state in which they are leaving the Kingdom.

Actually ordinary Thais do give a hoot about politics, that is why the huge crowds gathering in Bangkok are of serious concern to the PTP. Their red army will back them for sure, but if there's any bloodshed between the groups then there will be serious repercussions.

"Mr Suranand said the prime minister would refrain from travelling abroad, given Monday’s verdict of the International Court of Justice on the Preah Vihear temple dispute."

Well that is real good of her.. Save the shopping trip until Tuesday.

Not like the country is experiencing any issues at the moment !!!

That new Gucci purse from London will just have to wait another day. Sigh...giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

So they don't need the Army, Rent a thug will clear the anti amnesty protesters instead! So tomorrow it may all kick off or not?

well I live near where the red shirt took over the street for month and they were quiet arrogant and live lawlessly. now they don't want the same thing happen and want to take tough action. All I can say what is good for goose is good for gander

Don't thnk the Red shirts will be welcome in Bangkok these days, although suspect that the Puppet and her Caddy will try to incite violence if they can, given their previous track record.

It's hilarious how this bunch of criminals are now getting upset that people are protesting against them, when they sent down their rent a thug mob to burn Bangkok Down in 2009 and 2010.

• Like 1

Now they got me confused. The bimbo-aid says government may very well fully exercise it's power. The caddie of the missunderstood fugitive says police will not act. The lass will not be going out... serious stuff going down. Now what? Will they shoot Cambodians and/or protesters? Or just shoot some balls at the golfrange? The plot is thickening. Be sure to tune in on Monday.

Edited by EricBerg

Could it happen that the army stand behind the people and the police stand behind the government? That could lead to a very nasty situation. I don't believe Taksin has the army in his pocket. The army's loyalty lie elsewhere and with the people and that cannot be bought.

amnesty bill nonsense...there others issues that this government can fix and not waste time with this bill and make people unhappy.They want to damage the country more ok..Go ahead and see lots of unsastifaction grows even more with it

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.