Moving to pattaya for good in next 5 years

28pattaya

Hello people I have just turned 28, been to central pattaya many times and I'm going to be moving over long term to retirement age in about 4 to 5 years time,

Luckily I won't have to work so I'm looking for a nice detached house or top of the range condo I may look into sorting out a ltd company to purchase one but for now renting will do fine don't really want to go over 50k bht PCM.

I'm wanting easy access to Central when I want nights out but ideally away in a piece full resort area that's not to far away,

I have not had time to explore the full place but were would be nicer and more up market, if you had a choice what would be best north pattaya, jotimein, na klua, pratumnak hill,

Also I will be attending CTLS Language School

Probably couple times per week so ideal easy to get there,

Will be over in feb2014 for a month holliday to try and get a better feel for areas above, but some information would be great

Edited by Rimmer
Free plug and telephone number removed

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed your correct, I want to go now I wish I'm stuck here with my work, I know this is were I want to be I need out of this city, been wanting to move here for a while, not just a spur of the moment thing

If I wasn't tied down I would be away now, I will no doubt be over for 3 holidays a year until then 30 days a time,

Would still be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction for good areas I'm on asaipropertyworld there is nice places but would also like feedback from you guys that are over there now

Pattaya will change a lot over the next five years. Just wait until you move here & then look around for a place to live. As a backup plan leave your options open to return to the UK or other locations/countries.

• Like 1

Lol. It's not that simple over there.

And I won't need to work I'm very fortunate. Don't really need to worry about funds.

Why no work there? Or you bringing lotsa $$$ to there?

I'm coming to relax and get away from working, looking for a new start, Spain and other places don't really cut it for me I like the culture

Lol. It's not that simple over there.

And I won't need to work I'm very fortunate. Don't really need to worry about funds.

I'm coming to relax and get away from working, looking for a new start, Spain and other places don't really cut it for me I like the culture

Yes, it's the temples, for sure wink.pngthumbsup.gif

I think it makes no sense for you to look into an area with a view of living there in 4-5 years time, other than to get a general feeling of how things are now.

In that time, so many things can change that you might not even recognize the area from what you see now. Similar thing may happen with the school. It may be good now, it may go down or disappear in 5 years or by then you may find something more convenient for you.

Enjoy your holidays, keep learning about the place and the different areas, but don't take things too seriously until your move is imminent.

• Like 1

Oic. Yeah I heard that Spain's unemployment rate among young people is very high. Well it's the same here in Singapore. Cost of living is very high on my side as well.

My advice would be.

First come and rent a place for 6 months or so and then decide what to do. Don't commit yourself to things yet until you have been here a long(er) time.

30 days at a time, is just holiday.

Ps: Have you thought about your visa yet ? (I am speculating here) In 4-5 years time ED visa's could be a thing of the past so consider a backup plan.

Good post, I have been in contact with that visa company they said that they can basically get me 5 years with the thai language and I can move on to another language to stay longer, as far as I'm aware i don't think this will change but if it does then seriously need to keep it in mind

Education company I ment, thanks for all posts above,

Yes I'm basicly wanting a feel for the areas I want a really nice part, true it can change in 5 years so for now I may as well just come here every year and try and explore as much as I can,

The OP should rent now and forever. No need to buy anything you can't ever legally own here unless a condo really is your idea of heaven. Then, when the gild comes off the lily (and it will), it's a painless transition to the next paradise.

If I was moving here tomorrow, the last places I would be looking at to hang my hat would be anywhere near "north pattaya, jotimein, na klua, pratumnak hill" as the traffic is a total nightmare anywhere west of Sukhumvit and the air is filthy. In 5 years from now, it will be a lot worse.

The Dark Side.... that's where it's at. All of 15-20 minutes from the bright lights and shops and (mostly) peace and quiet. Do your shopping early and go home and enjoy the peace and quiet in your own, personal 'resort' while planning your evening's trawl through the fleshpots.

• Like 2

The OP should rent now and forever. No need to buy anything you can't ever legally own here unless a condo really is your idea of heaven. Then, when the gild comes off the lily (and it will), it's a painless transition to the next paradise.

If I was moving here tomorrow, the last places I would be looking at to hang my hat would be anywhere near "north pattaya, jotimein, na klua, pratumnak hill" as the traffic is a total nightmare anywhere west of Sukhumvit and the air is filthy. In 5 years from now, it will be a lot worse.

The Dark Side.... that's where it's at. All of 15-20 minutes from the bright lights and shops and (mostly) peace and quiet. Do your shopping early and go home and enjoy the peace and quiet in your own, personal 'resort' while planning your evening's trawl through the fleshpots.

Can you point me in yeh right direction, this is what I'm looking for 15 , 20 min away price doesn't matter, villa with own pool would be nice aslong as it's upto date and spotless,

Is this area good? http://asiapropertyworld.com/properties/details-of-house-for-rent-in-mabprachan-lake-pattaya-chon-buri-13036

What is the matter with young people today ? You are 28 and want to retire in 4-5 years ?

You will get bored , I can promise you that, unless you run a business.

So very true. I came out here 12 months ago at 41 with the same idea. It was great for the first 6 months but then the boredom set in. You really should consider some kind of business/work to keep the ol grey matter ticking over, even if on a part time basis. It might sound daft, but lounging in the sun, occasional beer and perhaps one of pattaya's finest by your side will get tiresome after awhile. Yep, can't believe I said it either ;) haha.. Good luck.

• Like 2

Can you point me in yeh right direction, this is what I'm looking for 15 , 20 min away price doesn't matter, villa with own pool would be nice aslong as it's upto date and spotless,

Is this area good? http://asiapropertyworld.com/properties/details-of-house-for-rent-in-mabprachan-lake-pattaya-chon-buri-13036

price doesn't matter,

Great stuff, a new high roller in town, I rememeber hearing the same shit 10 years ago, "its only Mickey Mouse money", most seem to have departed these shores.

75k per month, best you learn to read Thai, dont worry I feel sure little miss Issan will get you the best deal.

Please keep us updated of your progress.

price doesn't matter,

Great stuff, a new high roller in town, I rememeber hearing the same shit 10 years ago, "its only Mickey Mouse money", most seem to have departed these shores.

75k per month, best you learn to read Thai, dont worry I feel sure little miss Issan will get you the best deal.

I worked hard in glasgow for my money I can spend it how I wish. I came from nothing, doesn't change me. 50k was my optional price this what just an option, big enough for family and friends to come stay when they wish.

High roller I could have 2 million and stil wouldnt say I'm a high roller

Edited by 28pattaya

price doesn't matter,

I worked hard in glasgow for my money I can spend it how I wish. I came from nothing, doesn't change me. 50k was my onitional price this what just an option, big enough for family and friends to come stay when they wish.

High roller I could have 2 million and stil would say I'm a high roller

That's in pounds of course