7-year-old deported to Thailand after losing immigration battle in Denmark

webfact

What the hell does it matter if mother employed or not?

For some reasons child was in country, since she can remember.

Her father dies and her kicked out of the country, where she grew up: - Sorry, but we have laws. They are so strict...

And after all that you call yourself a civilized people? You call it a democracy? You dare to talk about humanism and human rights in another countries?

P.S. I really think, what happen would be better for child. I am sure thai government taking care about cityzens better than most another countries. She would be more secure and she would be among the good people.

"You call it a democracy?"

You sound Thai, and my bet is you do not even know what "democracy" means biggrin.png If you did, you would not have used it above.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if the first consideration was for the child.

Personally I disagree with the Danish government's standpoint but the Thai authorities would do exactly the same if the roles were reversed.

Two wrongs don't make a right though.

No they wouldn't

Hmmmm yes they would as far as it goes.

If you married a Thai in the US and moved to Thailand with your non-Thai child. Then your spouse died. You would not be eligible to remain in Thailand. (You could do it via other means assuming you were employed etc.... but solely on the basis that your Thai spouse was a step-parent .. nope.

I wish I was as sober as you jd,,,

Cheers, LD

• Like 1

im Danish, and it s look like they will change the law so Im and she s mother can go back again..

a muslim man from Somalia rape a 10 year old girl and try to rape a 17 year old girl, he can stay and will not be send back home, something is very wrong in old Denmark.

Im happy to not live there ant more

Completely agree - not to mention the Levakovic family - or the Palestinian case - or the many many others

So if you married a Thai woman and had a child with her and lived in Thailand and then she died, would you be allowed to stay?

The father was only the child's Stepfather and thus not biologically his, if my understanding is correct. Thus: If you married a Thai woman who already had a child and the wife died would you be allowed to stay in Thailand?

Perhaps. It depends on the immigration, if they would count the stepchild as the stepfather's dependent. My bet is they wouldn't and out you go, but TiT. That's of course in the case you were in Thailand under extension of stay based on the marriage, not something else independent of family status.

Her father dies and her kicked out of the country, where she grew up: - Sorry, but we have laws. They are so strict...

And after all that you call yourself a civilized people? You call it a democracy? You dare to talk about humanism and human rights in another countries?

P.S. I really think, what happen would be better for child. I am sure thai government taking care about cityzens better than most another countries. She would be more secure and she would be among the good people.

Yes, the welfare benefits in Thailand are much better than in Denmark. Tell me again, how much money can an unemployed Thai collect from the Thai government? Which university can the mother go to here in Thailand to study to become a teacher completely free of charge?

Further, what makes Thais "good people"? Is it the way Thais treat foreigners? Both farangs and those from Laos and Myanmar? Tell me again, which rights do any of these groups have in Thailand? Remember, the girl and her mom are both foreigners in Denmark.

See my post below. Now when was the last time a "good people" thai minister cared what happened to any foreigner in Thailand? And when was the last time "good people" Thais demonstrated to protect the rights of foreigners in Thailand?

Good people my a..

You sound Thai, and my bet is you do not even know what "democracy" means biggrin.png If you did, you would not have used it above.

You know, goverment objectives -not only welfare for unemployed, but providing suitable employment for every cityzen. And preventing big amount of foreign workers, which could compete with cityzens. And security, of course.

I can not imagine a situation that in Thailand mother couldn't find the job that fits her background.

Thailand have to accept refugees from Myanma and many of them staying in Thailand. Why Europe don't accept them ?

Actually, government shouldn't care about foreigners. But i don't know any country whish more friendly to foreigners. And i haven' t seen yet thais who demonstrate such hatred to other nations as some of tourists and expats.

At last, nobody should stay in this "monkey country" among wild evil people who even can't speak english properly.

Thailand have to accept refugees from Myanma and many of them staying in Thailand. Why Europe don't accept them ?

Perhaps you would like to explain why, to date, Thailand has not ratified and signed the UN 1951 Refugee Convention. In the meantime take a look at the UNHCR website that acknowledges Thailands contribution for providing shelter, but states in part:

"Refugees from Myanmar in Thailand have been confined to nine closed camps since they began arriving in the 1980s, and this constitutes one of the most protracted displacement situations in the world. The prolonged confinement of these refugees in camps has created many social, psychological and protection concerns. It has also resulted in a dependency among the refugees on assistance"

http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49e489646.html

Other countries have accepted refugees from Mayanmar, 80,000, but it is a very protracted process as many are stateless. How many has Thailand accepted into it's society from the camps?

Edited by simple1

Yes, the welfare benefits in Thailand are much better than in Denmark. Tell me again, how much money can an unemployed Thai collect from the Thai government? Which university can the mother go to here in Thailand to study to become a teacher completely free of charge?

Further, what makes Thais "good people"? Is it the way Thais treat foreigners? Both farangs and those from Laos and Myanmar? Tell me again, which rights do any of these groups have in Thailand? Remember, the girl and her mom are both foreigners in Denmark.

See my post below. Now when was the last time a "good people" thai minister cared what happened to any foreigner in Thailand? And when was the last time "good people" Thais demonstrated to protect the rights of foreigners in Thailand?

Good people my a..

You know, goverment objectives -not only welfare for unemployed, but providing suitable employment for every cityzen. And preventing big amount of foreign workers, which could compete with cityzens. And security, of course.

I can not imagine a situation that in Thailand mother couldn't find the job that fits her background.

Actually, government shouldn't care about foreigners. But i don't know any country whish more friendly to foreigners. And i haven' t seen yet thais who demonstrate such hatred to other nations as some of tourists and expats.

At last, nobody should stay in this "monkey country" among wild evil people who even can't speak english properly.

Let's just say that you and I represent the reasons why many thais and foreigners seem to dislike eachother smile.png

I have no sympathy for the child.

Her hair isn't blond, nor eye blue.

Why would she want to be an alien, and subject to be made fun of in school.

Please come back to home.

What a stupid very sad post. rolleyes.gif ..........Gawd 'elp us...............sad.png

• Like 2

Someone from Denmark know if the story is true and complete?

In some other not Thailand related cases in Europe, things were often different than they were in the newspaper. (for example criminal charges were not mentioned).

If it is like it seems here, than it is a shame!

it is, they arrived in thailand yesterday

the story forgets to mention one thing though.

according to law Morten Bødskov could with a back rolling effect make suggestions for law change.

meaning he could do something but are doing in effect nothing.

also they had a full year to do anything but nothing happened.

more than this family have been hit by how the law from 2012 was made

This whole thing has turned into a hot political potato and now today Social Democrat Morten Bødskov is ready to roll back the law if he can get the political majority in the parliament.

I'm not sure he would act this way if it's was not because of the fact there is local elections in 6 days here in Denmark.

Trying to fish for some votes , since it seems like the majority of the danish people, think Southida and her 7 year old daughter Im should be allowed to stay in Denmark.

But don't think the Social Democrat Morten Bødskov is doing it because he thinks it's the right thing to do.

Newspaper pressure and the upcoming local elections is more or less the reason why he does it.

He was informed about this case for more than 1 year ago, but has choosen to do nothing until now.

Having said that in some cases the rules should be bend a bit, and this case is one of them in my personal opinion.

• Like 1

I have no sympathy for the child.

Her hair isn't blond, nor eye blue.

Why would she want to be an alien, and subject to be made fun of in school.

Please come back to home.

What a stupid very sad post. rolleyes.gif ..........Gawd 'elp us...............sad.png

Don't feed the <deleted> troll!

• Like 1

sorry for that kid but rules are rules , we have the same rules in Thailand when you are foreigners ... even worse , after so many years here working you still need to renew the visa every year ...

What kind of a heartless statement is that. Saying after years here you have to renew every year is worse than a 7 year old kid getting deported from the only life they have ever really known.

My heart pumps pure piss for you and the hardships you have to go through.

The Danish Parliament have just voted yes to a new law change, so the 7 year old girl and her mother can return to Denmark.

Good for the girl and her mother, but this should have been settled a long time ago, and not just now because of the public press and upcoming local elections.

• Like 2

The Danish Parliament have just voted yes to a new law change, so the 7 year old girl and her mother can return to Denmark.

Good for the girl and her mother, but this should have been settled a long time ago, and not just now because of the public press and upcoming local elections.

Hehe, just read it in the danish papers too, but you beat me to it by a minute. Good news anyway. Congrats to the girl and her mom :-)

Well hooray for Denmark. What a wonderful s story to warm the heart and give a little faith in humanity.

Brilliant.

I must say, it's amazing how much compassion posters are showing here. It is precisely this weakness that foreigners exploit of us Euros. They know that in their countries (like Thailand) they can degrade us, provide us no equal rights under the law but that we will not do the same with the tables turned. We have been weak and clinging to this idea that if we do what is morally correct, we will somehow convince other peoples to do the same. It's ridiculous, and we need to wake up and see that we are alone in our moral superiority.

Most of us know the tables would not be different in Thailand, and in fact, the Thai authorities would probably give a mere 7 days to exit the country.

Good on the Danes. When will the rest of us toughen up. We are god awfully soft, and it's sickening.

im Danish, and it s look like they will change the law so Im and she s mother can go back again..

a muslim man from Somalia rape a 10 year old girl and try to rape a 17 year old girl, he can stay and will not be send back home, something is very wrong in old Denmark.

Maybe she won't want to go back once she's among her loving family, friends and enjoying the weather and nice lifestyle.

I must say, it's amazing how much compassion posters are showing here. It is precisely this weakness that foreigners exploit of us Euros. They know that in their countries (like Thailand) they can degrade us, provide us no equal rights under the law but that we will not do the same with the tables turned. We have been weak and clinging to this idea that if we do what is morally correct, we will somehow convince other peoples to do the same. It's ridiculous, and we need to wake up and see that we are alone in our moral superiority.

Most of us know the tables would not be different in Thailand, and in fact, the Thai authorities would probably give a mere 7 days to exit the country.

Good on the Danes. When will the rest of us toughen up. We are god awfully soft, and it's sickening.

And pray tell, why do "we" have to follow the bad example?

Maybe she won't want to go back once she's among her loving family, friends and enjoying the weather and nice lifestyle.

They will. The mom has already received the news and is very happy that they can now go back. This story has been headline news in denmark for days now btw.

I agree, the way thailand treats foreigners in thailand upsets me quite often, and i would love if thai officials were treated the same way when travelling abroad. However, just because the thai government behaves as it does, does not mean i want denmark or any other country to get revenge by treating a completely innocent mom and daughter the same way.

• Like 1

So if you married a Thai woman and had a child with her and lived in Thailand and then she died, would you be allowed to stay?

Here, here!

It's funny how so often TV-ers bark about their own country [imm/gov] not treating foreigners the way we get treated here...yet now a western country does act in a similar fashion, they're wrong. Odd!

Monkeycountry...what a load of old croc!

Come back and offer an educated and realistic POV

So if you married a Thai woman and had a child with her and lived in Thailand ansd then she died, would you be allowed to stay?

Unless you have enough money you are not allowed to stay even thought she is still and well alive !
  • Like 1

I am Danish, and I agree with you - that were a terrible thing to do.

Fortunately so thought the danish government (A new law was rushed through (a so called Im law, the girl’s name) which give Im and her mother the right to return and stay in Denmark.

Happy ending after all.