Best steak in Pataya

smig

I think you'll do better with this in the Pattaya forum. With that being said, I've not had a really fantastic steak here. A few pretty good, but nothing like back home or in Argentina or in Australia. Blue Olive is darn good as is Cafe des Amis. I'm sure others have their recommendations.

Topic Moved.

If you are looking to buy a good steak, try Foodland on Centre Rd. Their steaks are flown in chilled not frozen and are Aussie or New Zealand Beef. Expensive, but if you want excellent steak you have to pay for it. Same price as back in OZ.

If looking for a good steak in a restaurant, try the Green Bottle on Second Rd opposite Mike Shopping Mall. If eating there you can also park your car out the front.

Edited by OZEMADE

If you are looking to buy a good steak, try Foodland on Centre Rd. Their steaks are flown in chilled not frozen and are Aussie or New Zealand Beef. Expensive, but if you want excellent steak you have to pay for it. Same price as back in OZ.

If looking for a good steak in a restaurant, try the Green Bottle on Second Rd opposite Mike Shopping Mall. If eating there you can also park your car out the front.

One problem I've found here is they cut the steaks too thin. They just can't cook properly if too thin. Minimum 2 fingers thick. 3 is better. licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

post-5869-0-74155800-1384309186_thumb.jp

post-5869-0-42461100-1384309197_thumb.jp

Bought some fresh imported Aussie beef (rump) from Macro, 450 baht (880 baht a kilo) for two reasonably thick pieces, but it was as tough as old boots. In the past I have bought the frozen Halal (Thai company) T Bones from Macro for only 360 baht a kilo and they have been much more tender, and tasty.

Edited by giddyup

One problem I've found here is they cut the steaks too thin. They just can't cook properly if too thin. Minimum 2 fingers thick. 3 is better. licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

I second that. You cannot make a decent steak with those thin wafers. The Prime Beef Butcher just down the road from Foodland (walking distance) knows that and they do decent cuts.

Best Steak I have had in Pattaya was at the Mantra. Spotted the ribeye in the chiller display as we were led to our table. It was a good 1.5 inch thick and nicely marbled. Cooked just right - med / rare.

The Mantra is the best I have had but if you want a reasonaby good steak a lot cheaper then Beefeater is probably your best bet.

Best Steak I have had in Pattaya was at the Mantra. Spotted the ribeye in the chiller display as we were led to our table. It was a good 1.5 inch thick and nicely marbled. Cooked just right - med / rare.

The Mantra is the best I have had but if you want a reasonaby good steak a lot cheaper then Beefeater is probably your best bet.

Where is Mantra located?

Where is Mantra located?

http://goo.gl/maps/OVlVT

• Like 1

Grain-fed at Mantra. Would like to try Blue Olive as others have suggested.

Yes it was the beefeater I tried, thanks for all the replies, I will let the wife decide were to go lol

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So what was opinion of Beefeater? Mine is not nearly as positive as some of the posts here. Touristy, maybe a good value in some people's minds but the best steak in Pattaya?.... not hardly.

• Like 2

Where is Mantra located?

Amari Hotel...North Pattaya Road and Beach Road (entrance just before Beach Road).

Went to mantra last month as a guest

Steak was pretty poor I thought and wished I had something else

Did not complain as I wasn't' paying but would not have again there

Eager to try beefeater

Went last Monday on spec and it was fully booked! On a Monday!

Blue olive sounds interesting

Where is it?