I recently had a tranquilizer dart gun pointed at me by a city hall employee

davidst01

I like to help soi dogs if they are hungry and do what I can to help them if in need. One of my fury friends in particular was anxious around a couple of the local thai's who obviously had mistreated this dog in the past. He did not actually bite any of them but looked close to doing so. He was so friendly to me and everyone else including tourists...

Anyway, one morning I was sitting near him after feeding some dry dog food and suddenly a tranquilizer blow dart gun was fired at him- at close range by a thai guy. I stood up and got really angry saying 'what the fxxx' etc. Then the guy pointed the gun at me and my anger soon turned into fear as I backed off. A farang bystander told the guy to stop pointing at me. He complied and they took him away.

Someone told me that they were from city hall and that a complaint had been made.

Its another example of not intervening in anything whilst residing in the LOS. However, sometimes its hard to resist and subsequently difficult to stop ones emotions getting in the way.

I thought it was a low act for the guy to point the gun at me but Im obviously not going to make a complaint. I know that I'm living in the wild west not a nanny state.

If I see that coward in the street or the pub I might see how tough the guy really is. 2 millenia of evolution / survival of the fittest... we will see who comes out on top.

• Like 1

In most Thai-Farang fights I have seen, if you are not young enough, fit enough and know some MMA fighting tactics. You best mind your own business!

As the only way you would come out on top, if he was a consenting lady-boy.

I always have a soft-spot in my heart for dangerous soi dogs!

Cheers

In most Thai-Farang fights I have seen, if you are not young enough, fit enough and know some MMA fighting tactics. You best mind your own business!

And typically the only reason that is the case is because 99% of them will have a handful of similarly cowardice monkeys laying the boot in.

And typically the only reason that is the case is because 99% of them will have a handful of similarly cowardice monkeys laying the boot in.

that doesnt alter the fact that its dangerous to pick a fight

• Like 1

Cheers

Why is this myth that Thai's are all Fit MMA fighters ??..... They are not, but they do have a tendency to 'gang fight' so any confrontation is best avoided.

How could the Op mind his own business?, the dog was shot with the tranquilliser in front of him, while he was feeding it (thats how I read the Op anyway).

It would be a challenge for anyone not to react in a similar situation regardless of whether or not you like dogs.

• Like 1

Cheers

Why is this myth that Thai's are all Fit MMA fighters ??..... They are not, but they do have a tendency to 'gang fight' so any confrontation is best avoided.

How could the Op mind his own business?, the dog was shot with the tranquilliser in front of him, while he was feeding it (thats how I read the Op anyway).

It would be a challenge for anyone not to react in a similar situation regardless of whether or not you like dogs.

so confrontation is best avoided but you would avoid avoiding it?

Cheers

You're looking too hard for a flaw in my comment.....

Confrontation is best avoided. However, it can't always be avoided.

i.e. in the event someone shots a dog you care about with a tranquilliser gun right in front of your face....

Not every guy in Thailand is an MMA or Muai Thai fighter...

OP: The Thai person had been instructed to remove the dog/s after a complaint, that at the immediate time you were unaware. You swore (at him?) and from your story became confrontational so the Thai guy pointed his tranquiliser gun at you to back off. A foreigner assisted to deesculate the situation and he and his colleague/s departed. You are now claiming you would assault him if you came across him in the future! Seems like you need some attitude adjustment.

Cheers

You're looking too hard for a flaw in my comment.....

Confrontation is best avoided. However, it can't always be avoided.

i.e. in the event someone shots a dog you care about with a tranquilliser gun right in front of your face....

Not every guy in Thailand is an MMA or Muai Thai fighter...

I was a very good street fighter in my youth from school age till my late 60s!

Last fight I had was with 4 Thai's on Soi 8 in Pattaya. have stab wounds on my arm as a reminder.

Have you ever watched Thai's play no-hands volleyball, soccer, Muay Thai fighting style and street fights.

Most Thai's if not all are excellent kick fighters, that can easily kick one in the head, close in fighting use elbows, knees, headbutts etc. most western street fighters rely on punching power, striking ability (in the US youth MMA style fighting tactics are increasingly used),

Any street fighter knows not to get taken to the ground if you do not have good ground and pound abilities, most are out of their element once off their feet. If you need any examples Cain Velasquez v. Dos Santos, Jame Tooney v. Randy Couture great examples of ground and pound abilities over stand-up fighting. ( between trained fighter, based on advanced fighting abilities)

Most Fights I have seen are between Large, Older out of shape Westerners, against relatively younger smaller Thai's. With the Westerners not being able to see the 2nd round.

*To much reliance on size not fighting ability.

* If a Thai pulls a weapon, No doubt he will use it. vs Westerns pull weapons mostly to scare!

In OP's case a Thai official reducing the (Dangerous) Soi Dog population by doing the job he is paid to do and pointing an unloaded dart gun at him . Is not in my estimation reasons to go looking for a fight, if he is a fighter he can pick and choose his fights over more important issues.

I have read many post of posters stating they are going to attack a Thai, I am just stating do not under estimate your opponents and pick an issue worth fighting for, If your life is worth that of a soi dog by all means do pick a fight with him.

A better course of action for OP or any soi dog lover is to adopt the dog and move him to the safety of his own property!

Again just my humble opinion.

Cheers

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1

Last fight I had was with 4 Thai's on Soi 8 in Pattaya. have stab wounds on my arm as a reminder.

Have you ever watched Thai's play no-hands volleyball, soccer, Muay Thai fighting style and street fights.

Most Thai's if not all are excellent kick fighters, that can easily kick one in the head, close in fighting use elbows, knees, headbutts etc. most western street fighters rely on punching power, striking ability (in the US youth MMA style fighting tactics are increasingly used),

Any street fighter knows not to get taken to the ground if you do not have good ground and pound abilities, most are out of their element once off their feet. If you need any examples Cain Velasquez v. Dos Santos, Jame Tooney v. Randy Couture great examples of ground and pound abilities over stand-up fighting. ( between trained fighter, based on advanced fighting abilities)

Cheers

All Japanese are karateka's, all Chinese Kung <deleted> artists, all Thai's Muay Thai fighters, and all black people boxers in your book ?

I feel very depressed to be a white European.

Peter Similes stated:

"All Japanese are karateka's, all Chinese Kung <deleted> artists, all Thai's Muay Thai fighters, and all black people boxers in your book ?

I feel very depressed to be a white European."

Kikoman stated:

You need to answer that question as it is your ASSUMPTION, not anything I posted!

If you feel depressed as a white European, again your prerogative, also nothing I posted!

I only addressed my opinion on "Street fighting" which is much different here than in the "States" As I have never been in Europe and have no indication or opinion on their abilities. (I used the term Westerners I have personally witnessed in fights)

My post is my opinion on:

*I only stated do not rely on your size, but only on your fighting ability.

*Fight only if you have to, for the right reason!

*Do not underestimate your opponent because of smaller size.

You can consider my opinion or ignore it, Plain and simple!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

Most Fights I have seen are between Large, Older out of shape Westerners, against relatively younger smaller Thai's. With the Westerners not being able to see the 2nd round.

*To much reliance on size not fighting ability.

* If a Thai pulls a weapon, No doubt he will use it. vs Westerns pull weapons mostly to scare!

In OP's case a Thai official reducing the (Dangerous) Soi Dog population by doing the job he is paid to do and pointing an unloaded dart gun at him . Is not in my estimation reasons to go looking for a fight, if he is a fighter he can pick and choose his fights over more important issues.

I have read many post of posters stating they are going to attack a Thai, I am just stating do not under estimate your opponents and pick an issue worth fighting for, If your life is worth that of a soi dog by all means do pick a fight with him.

A better course of action for OP or any soi dog lover is to adopt the dog and move him to the safety of his own property!

Cheers

Thanks for that Chuck.

• Like 1