Cumpulsory Motorbike Insurance- Add New Owner to Policy?

Lancelot

Need some help/advise about transferring compulsory motorbike insurance from the previous owner to me.

I am buying a used bike next week and the owner just renewed the tax sticker and compulsory insurance yesterday.Some questions:

1Has anyone had their name to an existing compulsory policy?

2 Was there a fee to transfer the new owners name to the policy?

3 If the new buyer does not add his name to the policy, can he still claim in the event of an accident?

4 I want to add theft and bail bond coverage. Is it possible to have a compulsory policy from Company A and additional coverage from company B?

Thanks!

Lance

PS- yeah I used the search function and Google but really didn't find an answer :)

• 2 weeks later...

The above 2 posts are correct - you do not need to 'transfer' the Government insurance.

Theft insurance : this cover can be bought but note this is 2nd Class (Third Party, Fire & Theft) and not 'comprehensive' which is 1st Class and also covers damage to your bike.

For a quote please go HERE

The insurance is transferred with the vehicle. At least it was with the last three vehicles we sold.

Jerry

The above 2 posts are correct - you do not need to 'transfer' the Government insurance.

Theft insurance : this cover can be bought but note this is 2nd Class (Third Party, Fire & Theft) and not 'comprehensive' which is 1st Class and also covers damage to your bike.

For a quote please go HERE

The insurance is transferred with the vehicle. At least it was with the last three vehicles we sold.

Jerry

Sorry but the 2nd Class (and 1st, 3rd and all other voluntary insurances) are not transferred with the vehicle automatically - you need to inform your Broker/Insurance company of the change of name (Policy holder)