Thai Immigration arrest Dutch national accused of sexual assault

webfact

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was on the run for the Dutch police for over 12 years and was tracked down by a Dutch crime reporter acting on a tip.

This guy Pascal is a poor excuse for a human-being and gives the Dutch in general and the Frisians in particular, a very bad name. He should be banged-up in the Bangkok-Hilton for a few year, before extradition to The Netherlands, because the Dutch Justice system will treat him with velvet gloves, unfortunately.

Anyway; kudos to the Real Pursuers who got this guy arrested, which includes our Journalist, the Dutch Int. Recherche and a good friend of mine who shall remain anonymous, but whose efforts should be applauded loudly, just like an enthusiastic audience would have for legends like Elvis Presley and the like !

Still a proud Frysian

clap2.gif

Totally disagree, re:Pascal's behavior giving Dutch people a bad name. Agree, re: the Dutch judicial system being far too lenient. But where do you draw the line of extremes, between harsh treatment (to fit the crime) and humane punishment (to fit the crime). From my "limited" American point of view, the world could learn much from the Dutch, especially in that regard wai2.gif

I beg to differ with that last Poster: The legal system in The Netherlands is FAR too lenient when it comes to violent crimes committed there. Recently, a self-confessed murderer received 16 years, which - in practical terms - means that he will 'do' possibly 7 to 8 years and then, in a prison which is more like a 3 star Hotel than a real prison. These inmates have access to computers, TV, brilliant sports facilities, you name it: they've got it. In fact, it wasn't that long ago that in some prison the inmates went on strike because they were "bored" with only the 1 choice of beer provided with their Sunday Dinner . . . . . . . Oh nooooo; the Dutch Legal System is totally warped and hardly represents "punishment", which is what it SHOULD be.

coffee1.gif

oh that sounds very harsh and inhumane I don't Australian prisoners will stand for that, no free cigarettes, weekend leave or your choice degree to study absolutely free.

This guy Pascal is a poor excuse for a human-being and gives the Dutch in general and the Frisians in particular, a very bad name. He should be banged-up in the Bangkok-Hilton for a few year, before extradition to The Netherlands, because the Dutch Justice system will treat him with velvet gloves, unfortunately.

Anyway; kudos to the Real Pursuers who got this guy arrested, which includes our Journalist, the Dutch Int. Recherche and a good friend of mine who shall remain anonymous, but whose efforts should be applauded loudly, just like an enthusiastic audience would have for legends like Elvis Presley and the like !

Still a proud Frysian

clap2.gif

Totally disagree, re:Pascal's behavior giving Dutch people a bad name. Agree, re: the Dutch judicial system being far too lenient. But where do you draw the line of extremes, between harsh treatment (to fit the crime) and humane punishment (to fit the crime). From my "limited" American point of view, the world could learn much from the Dutch, especially in that regard wai2.gif

I beg to differ with that last Poster: The legal system in The Netherlands is FAR too lenient when it comes to violent crimes committed there. Recently, a self-confessed murderer received 16 years, which - in practical terms - means that he will 'do' possibly 7 to 8 years and then, in a prison which is more like a 3 star Hotel than a real prison. These inmates have access to computers, TV, brilliant sports facilities, you name it: they've got it. In fact, it wasn't that long ago that in some prison the inmates went on strike because they were "bored" with only the 1 choice of beer provided with their Sunday Dinner . . . . . . . Oh nooooo; the Dutch Legal System is totally warped and hardly represents "punishment", which is what it SHOULD be.

coffee1.gif

oh that sounds very harsh and inhumane I don't Australian prisoners will stand for that, no free cigarettes, weekend leave or your choice degree to study absolutely free.

I would think studying to better yourself after whatever you have done and make your time somewhat productive inside...should be considered a good thing.