what do you ride?

simba

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never tested anything else, tried to order the CB650f but was told 5 month wait list. The Z was in stock so took it based on the reviews online.

Love it. Engine so smooth, it's heavy until you get moving. Backing out of parking spaces is a pain.

Bought much better gear to go with it.

Already fitted a tail tidy and a small screen. Putting on the Akrapovic when I get back from work next month.

Trying my best not too. Can't wait to do some long runs on it. Furthest I've been so far is Rayong.

Congt on the bike John, the looks of the Z800 is growing on me each time I see it.

It's getting very good reviews all around and +110 hp should satisfy most.

Bike-less at the moment sad.png

At home, only have wifes Fino to get out on (don't tell everyone that though) giggle.gif

Last bike was a Triumph Street Triple R (in Singapore) and a 98 V-Max before that. Now working away in Malaysia but no time to ride (60 hours a week at work, rest of the time with the family) and the employer provides me with a 4x4 Triton.

When I eventually get around to returning home to Thailand on a more permanent basis, it will either be a Z1000, MT-09 or another Street Triple R.

Duc 848 and have a hypermotard on order, should be picking it up in 3 weeks, can't wait! xw00t.gif.pagespeed.ic.Fk8xTuMtRw.webp

Ah..still got that 848 B1ade? I remember when you got that. I was so jealous! Did the guy that stole your key ever come back to try to steal it?

Still got it, not ridden it as much as I should though... Ducati replaced that key and disabled its chip for the ignition, it was never recovered but I moved shortly after and the bike is covered in locks!

That still amazes me. I have never heard of a big bike getting stolen in LOS. Where would they take it? There aren't that many in Thailand. Must have planned to sell it for parts.

They drive it out of the country

There are loads of used bike parts sold on various FB pages and websites, and there's rarely any provenance for where they came from- a stolen bike gets stripped, the frame gets chopped up and dumped, and it's sold off in pieces- not many are sold complete, and it's unlikely a stolen bike will be found unless it was only taken for a joyride.

Ah..still got that 848 B1ade? I remember when you got that. I was so jealous! Did the guy that stole your key ever come back to try to steal it?

Still got it, not ridden it as much as I should though... Ducati replaced that key and disabled its chip for the ignition, it was never recovered but I moved shortly after and the bike is covered in locks!

That still amazes me. I have never heard of a big bike getting stolen in LOS. Where would they take it? There aren't that many in Thailand. Must have planned to sell it for parts.

They drive it out of the country

Last time I did a visa run to Burma I noticed none of the bikes had license plates. I asked the tout that decided he would accompany me everywhere and make as much conversation as possible why the didn't have plates. He said because they were all stolen from Thailand. These were all scooters though.

Last time I did a visa run to Burma I noticed none of the bikes had license plates. I asked the tout that decided he would accompany me everywhere and make as much conversation as possible why the didn't have plates. He said because they were all stolen from Thailand. These were all scooters though.

Honda Wave bike of choice.

At home, only have wifes Fino to get out on (don't tell everyone that though) giggle.gif

Last bike was a Triumph Street Triple R (in Singapore) and a 98 V-Max before that. Now working away in Malaysia but no time to ride (60 hours a week at work, rest of the time with the family) and the employer provides me with a 4x4 Triton.

When I eventually get around to returning home to Thailand on a more permanent basis, it will either be a Z1000, MT-09 or another Street Triple R.

Just on holiday down in ( have deep pockets Phuket at mo ) loads of bike of all makes and sorts.

Guy where we stay has just bought a Z1000 orangey and black, very pretty, the first thing he mentioned when I said how do you like it and how you finding it, he said it's nice but I would like to invest in a petrol station and get 95 fuel at a discount. laugh.png

After I posted here, took the trip back to Swampy from Korat. Was overtaken by a string of big bikes (naked and sports) going at a great rate on the way to Khao Yai. A couple of big zeds in amongst them - great sound track and view.

Really made me miss a bike xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU.png

Have a nice time in Phuket by the way. Have only been there twice.

We were in Jomtien for a week recently, View Talay Villas, great time (missus, 3 x 6 year olds and me).

Looking forward to Spain this weekend.

Zk not a 3 but you seem to like 3's how about Triumph Rocket lll 2.3 liter, not seen one of em in Thailand. whistling.gif

Has anyone seen one here ??

Zk not a 3 but you seem to like 3's how about Triumph Rocket lll 2.3 liter, not seen one of em in Thailand. whistling.gif

Not seen a Rocket lll in Thailand, although seen one in Singapore parked next to a new line V-max.

Must say, looking at them side by side the V-max looks awesome.

Anyone come across a new line V-Max in Thailand?

I think the 2014 Z1000 would be the bike to go for.

It may have to wait though, thinking about building another house at the moment. Just bought 12 rai near Sikhiu (Korat).

kawasaki vulcan custom with many mods.

Nice!

Are those straight-through pipes or is there some 'silencing' somewhere?

Thanks mate, i believe they have the quiteter baffles in, still fairly loud but not too loud and i love the sound and think it suits the bike great.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

Seen a few of them over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

just picked this up for my 3-5 months in the uk ,08 plate 5,500 miles(8,800 km),its only done 1000miles in the last 3 years , lady owner and just serviced at triumph on 14 june ,she sure is a beauty.....

post-105817-0-22131600-1405361761_thumb.

post-105817-0-07427900-1405361780_thumb.

post-105817-0-50082100-1405361800_thumb.

oh and cost 4000 gbp (220k bht)

Edited by taninthai