what do you ride?

simba

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my Canadian bike, Yamaha WR450. Great bike, wish I had it here. It only gets used about one week per year now.

Sent from one of my mobiles, whatever mobile it is.

Some beautiful scenery there... Shame you only get to play once a year :(

But I've got to play a lot more living in Thailand, but on street bike now. :)

Sent from one of my mobiles, whatever mobile it is.

I ride this one a Honda CB500F as of today. My first bike.

I'm already thinking about some customizations, mainly for visibility such as maybe HID headlights and/or LED running lights, and brake modulator.

cool man, congrats!

very wise decision to get this bike for the beginning. this bike will show you all the necessary dynamics of a bike you need to know in a forgiving way. Ride it a year or two and jump to a faster bigger bike like a cb650f

white looks nice too and i think you got it for a good price as that yoshi pipe, sliders, tank pad, these cost around 20 k thb alone! How many kms is the bike?

and a great bike to start riding big bikes.

Headlight is pretty OK for cb500f and hid s are heavy and sensitive and lots of work to get one installed, removing the headlight, nearly crack opening it, cleaning inside, lots of wiring, putting it into a oven! not worth the hassle imo and no turning back on this. But check led headlights, they are new and it is plug and play, no modifications needed.

can get some led signals and there is a tail tidy available for it which really transforms this bike, not that expensive.

Best mods you can get for cb500f is the rear YSS shock being sold at bigwing for 11 k thb and a fresh set of Pirelli rosso2s for 8600 thb including labor. These will make this bike handle and feel great and will provide you lots of confidence. Also consider changing that plastic brake lines with braided steel lines. costs around 3000 thb something at RSV racing. Also consider getting a steering damper for cheap as the biggest gripe for me for 500 series is the light front end. yes, it makes the turn ins telepathic and make the bike nimble but you get wobbles on bad road surfaces especially two up. These will make your bike greater.

Rambling, how did you find it? put your impressions in honda 500 thread so we can easily follow: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/583461-cbr-500cc-leaked-pic/page-110

happy rides.

Never had even a suggestion of handlebar wobble on my F.

2012 Yamaha R1 thats what I ride around Thailand.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nice R1!

Where do you ride it?

Mostly issan. From Sakaeo to Buriram, Surin, Phatum Thani, Korat. Good roads for riding.

2012 Yamaha R1 thats what I ride around Thailand.

Nice R1!

Where do you ride it?

Mostly issan. From Sakaeo to Buriram, Surin, Phatum Thani, Korat. Good roads for riding.

Yeah nice roads around Isaan actually apart from the occasional buffalo by the road! A lot of winding back roads.

Happy and safe rides!

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked it up yesterday in Phuket and had a great ride back to Suratthani on it this morning.

Quicker than the last time I did the trip on the Wave smile.png

Was looking at the 300F but for a few baht more, I got this with less than 1000km on it...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

man, you got a good deal really. and sure much better than cb300f.

congrats.

Just picked it up yesterday in Phuket and had a great ride back to Suratthani on it this morning.

Quicker than the last time I did the trip on the Wave smile.png

Was looking at the 300F but for a few baht more, I got this with less than 1000km on it...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Welcome to the club, my white CB500F says hi :-)

As does my black CB500X.

Yamaha MT-09 ABS on the way.

Not in Thailand, but Singapore. Bring it on!

Wonder how it mans up compared to the Street Triple R I owned?

Will collect the bike in late September.

• 1 year later...