what do you ride?

simba

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride this one a Honda CB500F as of today. My first bike.

I'm already thinking about some customizations, mainly for visibility such as maybe HID headlights and/or LED running lights, and brake modulator.

Nice Bike, hope you enjoy it

Bikeless and in the US... It sucks. Waiting for work to pan out, but I came home at a bad time for education jobs.

Hoping to pick up a 2004+ 883 Sportster and do a 1250cc kit for 90rwhp with a few RSD goodies. Then next bike would be a Versys or Vstrom.

I wouldn't mind owning a 1980 gs550 or 750 as well, but I plan on doing a cafe/brat build on the sportster.

Speed is cheap here, I can pick up a track bike sv650 for $2000 as an entry level bike.

too many bikes and not enough money rolling in. I have the $ for a bike, but I don't like spending large amounts of money without security.

I'm already thinking about some customizations, mainly for visibility such as maybe HID headlights and/or LED running lights, and brake modulator.

cool man, congrats!

very wise decision to get this bike for the beginning. this bike will show you all the necessary dynamics of a bike you need to know in a forgiving way. Ride it a year or two and jump to a faster bigger bike like a cb650f

white looks nice too and i think you got it for a good price as that yoshi pipe, sliders, tank pad, these cost around 20 k thb alone! How many kms is the bike?

and a great bike to start riding big bikes.

Headlight is pretty OK for cb500f and hid s are heavy and sensitive and lots of work to get one installed, removing the headlight, nearly crack opening it, cleaning inside, lots of wiring, putting it into a oven! not worth the hassle imo and no turning back on this. But check led headlights, they are new and it is plug and play, no modifications needed.

can get some led signals and there is a tail tidy available for it which really transforms this bike, not that expensive.

Best mods you can get for cb500f is the rear YSS shock being sold at bigwing for 11 k thb and a fresh set of Pirelli rosso2s for 8600 thb including labor. These will make this bike handle and feel great and will provide you lots of confidence. Also consider changing that plastic brake lines with braided steel lines. costs around 3000 thb something at RSV racing. Also consider getting a steering damper for cheap as the biggest gripe for me for 500 series is the light front end. yes, it makes the turn ins telepathic and make the bike nimble but you get wobbles on bad road surfaces especially two up. These will make your bike greater.

Rambling, how did you find it? put your impressions in honda 500 thread so we can easily follow: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/583461-cbr-500cc-leaked-pic/page-110

happy rides.

Edited by ll2

cool man, congrats!

very wise decision to get this bike for the beginning. this bike will show you all the necessary dynamics of a bike you need to know in a forgiving way. Ride it a year or two and jump to a faster bigger bike like a cb650f

white looks nice too and i think you got it for a good price as that yoshi pipe, sliders, tank pad, these cost around 20 k thb alone! How many kms is the bike?

Headlight is pretty OK for cb500f and hid s are heavy and sensitive and lots of work to get one installed, removing the headlight, nearly crack opening it, cleaning inside, lots of wiring, putting it into a oven! not worth the hassle imo and no turning back on this. But check led headlights, they are new and it is plug and play, no modifications needed.

can get some led signals and there is a tail tidy available for it which really transforms this bike, not that expensive.

Best mods you can get for cb500f is the rear YSS shock being sold at bigwing for 11 k thb and a fresh set of Pirelli rosso2s for 8600 thb including labor. These will make this bike handle and feel great and will provide you lots of confidence. Also consider changing that plastic brake lines with braided steel lines. costs around 3000 thb something at RSV racing. Also consider getting a steering damper for cheap as the biggest gripe for me for 500 series is the light front end. yes, it makes the turn ins telepathic and make the bike nimble but you get wobbles on bad road surfaces especially two up. These will make your bike greater.

Rambling, how did you find it? put your impressions in honda 500 thread so we can easily follow: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/583461-cbr-500cc-leaked-pic/page-110

happy rides.

Thanks ll2,

That's my plan, learn the ropes, get some experience and confidence and then see in a year or more if / how I move on from this one.

I posted a Wanted ad on the Thai CB500 forum here: http://www.honda500thai.com/index.php/board,21.0.html in Thai and the guy contacted me via Line. We made arrangements to see the bike the next day for a test ride. After seeing it I ticked all the boxes and everything checked out so we started talking price. I was due to see another bike (red) 2 days later but had a strong preference for this one as it's practically like new and exactly how I'd done it had I bought it myself. White color, the Yoshi carbon, sliders, radiator guard, XENA disc lock alarm, even to the level of removing the red F stickers which I didn't like lol so by evening time we spoke again, agreed the price and closed the deal. Luckily he speaks good English, the bike was bought cash, and he was very nice to deal with.

The bike is 7 months old, 1,400 KM, with the green book, all keys, Big Wing purchase receipt, warranty / service book where I see he did the 1,000 km service on time, and insurance till end of the year.

I'll need to pop by Big Wing to put myself as the new owner in the service book so I'll check out the YSS shock.

I didn't realize it was such a big job on the headlight.. I will check the LED option. Do you have a specific place to recommend? I see so many shops doing all these customizations, X-Speed, K-Speed etc etc.

So you like the Pierlli huh, I was thinking Michelin Pilot Road 3/4 any experience or heard anything about them? I kinda have a bias to Michelin, I put the Pilot Sport 3 on my car and I track the car sometimes and they're absolutely fantastic tires. But anyway I will look at changing tires at a later stage, for my riding style now the stock are probably fine. I will take it easy for a while.

Once I have any new development I'll post to that thread you mentioned. Thanks.

Edited by rambling

cool man, congrats!

happy rides.

Thanks ll2,

That's my plan, learn the ropes, get some experience and confidence and then see in a year or more if / how I move on from this one.

I posted a Wanted ad on the Thai CB500 forum here: http://www.honda500thai.com/index.php/board,21.0.html in Thai and the guy contacted me via Line. We made arrangements to see the bike the next day for a test ride. After seeing it I ticked all the boxes and everything checked out so we started talking price. I was due to see another bike (red) 2 days later but had a strong preference for this one as it's practically like new and exactly how I'd done it had I bought it myself. White color, the Yoshi carbon, sliders, radiator guard, XENA disc lock alarm, even to the level of removing the red F stickers which I didn't like lol so by evening time we spoke again, agreed the price and closed the deal. Luckily he speaks good English, the bike was bought cash, and he was very nice to deal with.

The bike is 7 months old, 1,400 KM, with the green book, all keys, Big Wing purchase receipt, warranty / service book where I see he did the 1,000 km service on time, and insurance till end of the year.

I'll need to pop by Big Wing to put myself as the new owner in the service book so I'll check out the YSS shock.

I didn't realize it was such a big job on the headlight.. I will check the LED option. Do you have a specific place to recommend? I see so many shops doing all these customizations, X-Speed, K-Speed etc etc.

So you like the Pierlli huh, I was thinking Michelin Pilot Road 3/4 any experience or heard anything about them? I kinda have a bias to Michelin, I put the Pilot Sport 3 on my car and I track the car sometimes and they're absolutely fantastic tires. But anyway I will look at changing tires at a later stage, for my riding style now the stock are probably fine. I will take it easy for a while.

Was that the one advertised at 188k ??

How much did you pay in the end ??

cool man, congrats!

happy rides.

Thanks ll2,

Was that the one advertised at 188k ??

How much did you pay in the end ??

Yes that's the one. 178.

Franky, for the love of god don't buy a Phantom.

Buy a real bike instead. The Honda CB500 is a reasonably good step up bike if you are looking to go big at some point.

Still bikeless at the moment but changing countries in 2 months so no point. Next bike in next country will be an MT-09 but kind of toying with the idea of an MT-07. Will use it for commuting.

cool man, congrats!

happy rides.

Thanks ll2,

The Michelin Pilot Road 4 will cost 13,000 Baht installed. I just got a quote last week at shop in Onnut area. I think it's the best rubber you can get right now for the CB500. Dual compound both front and rear. excellent for 2 riders on the bike, as it has a hard compound on the middle.

The second choice the Angel GT, around 12,000 Baht installed. Dual compound on the rear only. also very good for heavy load.

Third would be the Pirelli Rosso 2 that LL2 has had on his both CBR500 and CBR650, excellent tires at very good price. Also dual compound at the rear.

All the those 3 tires are very good for wet, the Rosso 2 is more track oriented, but still good for city use.

Im deciding between the Michellin Road 4 or the cheaper Rosso 2.

it's a 4000 Baht difference!

Rambling, you got a real nice deal... less than 2,000 KM, I wonder why the onwer was selling it.

If you want to keep your bike for a while longer (2+Yrs), then those upgrades might be worth it. specially the tires and rear shock. steering dumper I dont know if you need on a CB500, it makes more sense on a CBR500 thou.

I've never had any wambling on my CB500F even at short intervals with speeds above 140km/h

our bike is not fast, no need for dumper.

enjoy your CB500! it's the first white I've seen.

cool man, congrats!

happy rides.

Thanks ll2,

The Michelin Pilot Road 4 will cost 13,000 Baht installed. I just got a quote last week at shop in Onnut area. I think it's the best rubber you can get right now for the CB500. Dual compound both front and rear. excellent for 2 riders on the bike, as it has a hard compound on the middle.

The second choice the Angel GT, around 12,000 Baht installed. Dual compound on the rear only. also very good for heavy load.

Third would be the Pirelli Rosso 2 that LL2 has had on his both CBR500 and CBR650, excellent tires at very good price. Also dual compound at the rear.

All the those 3 tires are very good for wet, the Rosso 2 is more track oriented, but still good for city use.

Rambling, you got a real nice deal... less than 2,000 KM, I wonder why the onwer was selling it.

If you want to keep your bike for a while longer (2+Yrs), then those upgrades might be worth it. specially the tires and rear shock. steering dumper I dont know if you need on a CB500, it makes more sense on a CBR500 thou.

I've never had any wambling on my CB500F even at short intervals with speeds above 140km/h

pirelli angels and michelin pilot road 4s are great for touring but Rosso2s are offering better grip plus a lot cheaper. But prices you stated are soundign a but high to me brfsa.

pirelli angels and michelin pilot road 4s are great for touring but Rosso2s are offering better grip plus a lot cheaper. But prices you stated are soundign a but high to me brfsa.

I got quoted those prices in 3 different tire shops in Bangkok.

12,300 for Angel GT

14,000 for Michelin Pilot 4

11,500 for Rosso2

LL2, Where can you get Pirelli rosso2 for 8600 THB?

at bigwing I saw the price 10,140 Baht after the 10% discount, that is without labour fee.

cool man, congrats!

happy rides.

Thanks ll2,

I put a fork brace on my CB500 and it made a big difference in the corners and on very windy roads.

Can buy it at K-Speed, think it was 1700 baht.

I put a fork brace on my CB500 and it made a big difference in the corners and on very windy roads.

Can buy it at K-Speed, think it was 1700 baht.

I might try it out this fork-brace then.

but I need to change tires first, still looking around for some good deal, tires prices are such a rip-off here.

I got quoted those prices in 3 different tire shops in Bangkok.

12,300 for Angel GT

14,000 for Michelin Pilot 4

11,500 for Rosso2

LL2, Where can you get Pirelli rosso2 for 8600 THB?

at bigwing I saw the price 10,140 Baht after the 10% discount, that is without labour fee.

Big wheel bangkok.

https://m.facebook.com/BigWheel.Thailand?_rdr

But if you are living around sukhumvit showpow also sells around same prices.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I put a pair of rosso 2s on the cbr 250r a while ago... got them at a pireli shop on onnut road 7500bht fitted and balanced if i remember correctly,

The stock tires were still looking good but the front had let go quite a few times and they were white lining something terrible, rosso 2s completely transformed the bike, it does seem to turn much quicker but took only a short time to realise how much of a confidence booster they are even in the wet.

A baby CRF250. My first 4stroke and I must say I'm enjoying it. I had a CRM before, which was much more fun and powerful but parts were a pain to get.

Nice photos!

How does he cope on the D-Tracker with road tyres and wheels?

Where's that cool looking Huey?

He copes with great difficulty heh. His rear wheel literally spins at 10x the speed of his front, constantly. He's a great rider though, so somehow manages to drift it around everything.

The Huey is at the Myanmar border North of Pai.

He copes with great difficulty heh. His rear wheel literally spins at 10x the speed of his front, constantly. He's a great rider though, so somehow manages to drift it around everything.

Lost me !

We were discussing riding a road tyre equipped motard off road - which must be interesting :-D

Sent from my C6902 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Lost me !

We were discussing riding a road tyre equipped motard off road - which must be interesting :-D

Sent from my C6902 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ha ha, got it now, it was on the previous page :)