Double-decker bus crash on Chonburi-Pattaya road injures 23 Russian tourists

webfact

Double-decker bus crash injures 23 Russian tourists

BANGKOK: -- A double-decker bus with 51 Russian tourists hit a vehicle on the road from Chonburi to Pattaya late last night, injuring 23 of them, four seriously.

Initial report said that the double-decker bus was returning from Kanchanaburi province to Pattaya when it slammed into a running vehicle on the Chonburi-Pattaya road and plunged into the ditch.

Police suspected the drive might be falling asleep while driving.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/double-decker-bus-crash-injures-23-russian-tourists/

-- Thai PBS 2013-11-15

Sleeping busdrivers! Drugged ferry-captains! Kamakazi minivan-drivers! Drugged/drunk cardrivers!

Weekly derailments!

Seems like the only way to survive in Thailand, is to stay home, and post on Thaivisa!!coffee1.gif

That could be dangerous also if you accidently hit the like button.

• Like 2

Bus with supposedly Russian tourists overturns in Thailand

MOSCOW: -- A bus with what are believed to have been Russian tourists overturned in Thailand earlier this Friday. 19 people are reported injured, the condition of four of them is said to be grave, according to the Thai news agency MCOT.

The Russian news agency ITAR-TASS quotes the Head of the Russian Embassy Consular Department in Thailand, Andrei Dvornikov, as saying that the Russian diplomats have been told that the bus got involved in a road accident near the city of Sriracha, in Chonburi Province.

The Embassy is now verifying whether the injured tourists are indeed Russian nationals. Several of the tourists have been rushed to a Bangkok clinic.

Source: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_11_15/Bus-with-supposedly-Russian-tourists-overturns-in-Thailand-6545/

-- THE VOICE OF RUSSIA 2013-11-15

Hardly make news anymore these bus crashes as they are so common in Thailand.

So has the driver been located yet?

Yes but he is still sleeping.

Hope everybody recovers fully.

Just been downtown on my little Thai motorbike and the traffic is terrible and the big buses are the worst offenders as usual, driving like they own the road (and they do, sadly).

• Like 1

Sleeping busdrivers! Drugged ferry-captains! Kamakazi minivan-drivers! Drugged/drunk cardrivers!

Weekly derailments!

Seems like the only way to survive in Thailand, is to stay home, and post on Thaivisa!!coffee1.gif a

Yes Stay home read the latest Thai news get depressed and drink more beer that makes every thing Right Oiiiii i feel more like a Thai everyday biggrin.png Edited by Rimmer
Quotes fixed
  • Like 2

Let me guess, bus was in far right fast lane, travelling too fast, the driver was what, age 27, drunk at the wheel, on ya-ba at the wheel, texting at the wheel, fell asleep at the wheel? It's amazing how many large vehicles end up in the ditch or over turned. Talk about losing face. Real losers. They drive too fast on every road, in every situation, all because they and their little head are bigger than the next guy.

• Like 2

Let me guess, bus was in far right fast lane, travelling too fast, the driver was what, age 27, drunk at the wheel, on ya-ba at the wheel, texting at the wheel, fell asleep at the wheel? It's amazing how many large vehicles end up in the ditch or over turned. Talk about losing face. Real losers. They drive too fast on every road, in every situation, all because they and their little head are bigger than the next guy.

I believe it is called having a big ego that controls you instead of the other way around.

Its a normal trait of uneducated people who dont know better.

I feel sorry for those that got hurt, and i wish them a speedy recovery.

Isn't about time that Thailand uses modern means or even old fashioned disks that are in use for 30 years around the world to check upon the working hours and the rest that bus and lorry driver takes. Everybody knows that professional drivers should take a rest after 3 to 4 hours. As soon as the authorities start fining the companies they work for with monster amounts the number of people killed on thailand's road will half at the very least. It won;t happen. Thai Chinese and Thai Indians who own almost all of these companies have only one thing in mind. A dollar Sign.

• Like 2

Isn't about time that Thailand uses modern means or even old fashioned disks that are in use for 30 years around the world to check upon the working hours and the rest that bus and lorry driver takes. Everybody knows that professional drivers should take a rest after 3 to 4 hours. As soon as the authorities start fining the companies they work for with monster amounts the number of people killed on thailand's road will half at the very least. It won;t happen. Thai Chinese and Thai Indians who own almost all of these companies have only one thing in mind. A dollar Sign.

55555 !!!

I believe it is called having a big ego that controls you instead of the other way around.

If you feel sorry for these people that, I presume, you do not know,

With all that is going on in this world in terms of tragedies,

You must be one hell of a sorry guy...

Russian roulette?

This appears to be a juvenile attempt at converting a disaster into a tasteless cliche. People were seriously injured and I can't see the humor in it.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted". - Plato -

• Like 1

If you feel sorry for these people that, I presume, you do not know,

With all that is going on in this world in terms of tragedies,

You must be one hell of a sorry guy...

And your quite the cynic...

And where did it say that i feel sorry for everything that goes on in this world?

If you have nothing better to do than write crap like this, i feel sorry for you too...

On a side-note English is not my first language, so perhaps sorry is not the correct wording, but yes i feel sorry for people when they get hurt because of other peoples greed, but it does not make my life any sadder except for perhaps the moment where i read it.

And by greed i refer to the fact that there was only 1 driver and he clearly was overworked or something like that, and should never have been behind the wheel.

But i guess most thinking people would have picked up on that already.

Did not intend to be cynical

Just pointing out that saying we are sorry for tragedies might be useless.

But I do get a pinch in the heart also when I read about tragedies.

I am collecting money currently to re-build 3 houses in the Philippines.

But feeling 'sorry', should be reserved for whne we create a fault, a problem for someone else.

English is not my primary language as well.

Slight change of subject but did any one else see the bus of what I believe were Chinese tourists in a large maybe 1.5 meter deep hole on the Chonburi - Pattaya Highway last Saturday, I haven't seen any news reports about it at all. We were stuck in a traffic jam for about 45 minutes approaching the accident and the hole must have been about 7 or 8 metres by 5 metres. Hopefully no one was hurt but I would have thought such a large hole in the outside lane of the main highway to Pattaya would have been newsworthy.

Weekly derailments!

Seems like the only way to survive in Thailand, is to stay home, and post on Thaivisa!!coffee1.gif

I would definitely consider staying within walking distance of my favorite hangouts. For the most post, I am only a short walk/short scooter trip away from 90 percent of my activities.

Now, if they would only deliver my passport without my presence for those border runs. It is almost like I am saying goodbye for the last time, when I board the bus.

Did not intend to be cynical

Just pointing out that saying we are sorry for tragedies might be useless.

But I do get a pinch in the heart also when I read about tragedies.

I am collecting money currently to re-build 3 houses in the Philippines.

But feeling 'sorry', should be reserved for whne we create a fault, a problem for someone else.

English is not my primary language as well.

I am glad you are not cynical, then i suppose my reply was a bit harsh, bot so was your first one.

So i empathize with those that got hurt i guess.

And helping in the Philippines considering their current situation i respect immensely... good luck with that.