Apple Store Thailand

thatguyagain

I've purchased an iPhone from apple store Thailand online.

After checking tracking info I can see the phone is coming from Singapore to me here in Chiang Mai.

Can anyone verify if I'll need to pay any import tax once it's delivered (via DHL)

Has anyone else purchased a mac or apple product online from the apple store Thailand ,and if so did you have to pay import tax.

I'll be refusing the delivery if I am asked to pay import tax , as I bought the phone from what I thought was an item coming from within Thailand.

Thanks

Apple pre-pays the customs duty so no additional charges.

. Sorry I know this is not related but I don't know how to start a new post, do you know if I can pay for WIFI for my IPAD I have nowhere for a SIM card, I know I can use WIFI from other people but I want my own for when I go away. Thanks Fred.

. Sorry I know this is not related but I don't know how to start a new post, do you know if I can pay for WIFI for my IPAD I have nowhere for a SIM card, I know I can use WIFI from other people but I want my own for when I go away. Thanks Fred.

Hi Fred,

When you buy an iPad, you have the choice of using an internal sim card and for it to be wi-fi enabled. It seems you chose NOT to do this on purchase and therefore you cannot. There is a premium to be paid for this choice so I can understand you not taking this option.

Hi Fred,

When you buy an iPad, you have the choice of using an internal sim card and for it to be wi-fi enabled. It seems you chose NOT to do this on purchase and therefore you cannot. There is a premium to be paid for this choice so I can understand you not taking this option.

Bought a couple of items from apple this way, and always worked perfrctly, and had full support here in the shops in thailand, in fact got the ipad mini a month before it was available in the apple stores here

Nice one .... The iPhone 5s was 600 baht cheaper than the shops here as well , I know it's not much but 600 baht is 600 baht :)))

Received my iPhone 5s from the online store that when I ordered it,

wasn't due until the 26th. The date they give you for delivery has always

been later than when I actually received the order.

I've ordered keyboard, trackpad, computers, iPhones, and iPads from this site,

and never had any issues.

Perfect service, with no hidden charges.

The day I got my iPhone 5s, the post man said he had 16 boxes more of the same to delivery,

so my guess is the word about the site is quickly spreading.

I have just recently returned from Australia, you can now purchase modems that can run off power or battery (price varies) that use Sim Cards and therefore can turn any wifi (computer, iPad) device into a 3g/4g user without the need for a USB connection. I have not seen them here yet, but have not looked either. These Sim card modems can operate several wifi devices at once.

• Like 1

I have used the apple store online many times in Thailand over the last few years, I have never been charged duty and items have always arrived quickly.

Sometimes items come from Singapore, but recently I have seen some items have been shipped from Shanghai.

I kind of feel bad for the apple stores in Thailand, but I've had too many problems buying hardware in Thailand, I like my stuff in boxes that are sealed by the manufacturer and not opened by anyone else before I get them.

iPads come in two configs: 1. WiFi only; 2. WiFi and 3/4G

If your iPad is WiFi only you must be in a WiFi zone. If you have a 3G/4G iPad you can pay a local mobile supplier to have a connection anywhere.

• Like 1

I have just recently returned from Australia, you can now purchase modems that can run off power or battery (price varies) that use Sim Cards and therefore can turn any wifi (computer, iPad) device into a 3g/4g user without the need for a USB connection. I have not seen them here yet, but have not looked either. These Sim card modems can operate several wifi devices at once.
. Yes your right I just went to Tukcom and bought an AIS pocket WIFI it's great can run about 10 devices just the job for our shop. Thanks everyone.

Regards Fred.

You can sign up for things like true-wifi which will work in lots of newer shopping malls, etc. but if you want to roam on 3G networks with a wifi only iPad, you need a 3G access point of some sort. i.e. a device that connects to the 3G network and lets other devices connect to it over wifi to share the internet connection.

That can either be something like a mifi, or you can often setup your smartphone to work as an access point. (sometimes called a portable hotspot on android phones.) One thing to watch out for when using a phone as an access point is it uses up a lot of power, so although it works well on road trips where the phone can be charging the whole time, it won't last the day at the beach, etc.

Hi . I am just about to buy a apple macbook pro cost here £2399 then i am flying to Thailand for 3 months . would i be better to buy it in Thailand many thanks Martin

Check Thailand prices at http://store.apple.com/th/buy-mac/macbook-pro xe.com converts currency to your local one.

What about warranty issues... ? If going back to UK after three months, would it not be better buying there?

.... Are they always world wide? ..... Just thinking out load ..... might be worth checking and making sure ~!wink.png

Im pretty sure an apple warrantee is worldwide, also remember to calculate if you are flying home after 3 months, then you could claim the VAT back at the airport, which i think is about 200 quid, depending on the spec of your purchase.

More nonsense. Is it a new trend that these noobs do want to be heard or is it just to crank up the number of posts? Wifi has nothing to do with a sim card. Any iPad can receive a wifi signal.

Wifi has nothing to do with a sim card.

There are two different iPad options:

1 - Wifi only. You get an internet signal from either a hotspot (either free or paid). That can be from eg a restaurant where you are or you subscribe to a service. No sim card is required.

2 3/4g ( or Edge) AND Wifi ....mostly a signal you get from a subscription service. For wifi see option 1.

You buy either iPad and get the features of that model. The price difference between 1 and 2 is roughly 4000 baht.

For your own wifi package go to either true, date or ais and get a wifi package. They either come with hours or data limit. No sim card needed.

Hi Fred,

Edited by sniffdog

Im pretty sure an apple warrantee is worldwide, also remember to calculate if you are flying home after 3 months, then you could claim the VAT back at the airport, which i think is about 200 quid, depending on the spec of your purchase.

Is the vat refund issued at any land border crossings?