Non B w/ Work Permit

I have my Non-B and a work permit. I was issued my Non B from Singapore and entered on 10/29/13. When I handed over my passport to obtain my work permit, it came back without my departure card. My entry stamp stays Valid until Jan 26, 2014. At that time do I have to leave the country or just do the 90 day reporting at immigration? Will they freak out if I don't have my departure card? I also have to leave for Europe next month for a week. Do I have to buy a multi entry visa to come back? It says S on the entry now, obviously for single.

Do you have the number off your missing departure card?

You will have to leave the country before Jan 26, 2014.

90 day reporting is for people on extension of stay.

Do you qualify for extension of stay?

If not better get a multiple entry non-B in Europe, that will still force you to leave the country every 90 days.

Extension of Thai Business Visa
The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.
The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

These are the regulations for the extension of the "B" Business Visa:
1. The business must be registered in Thailand.
2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.
3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.
4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Duration of the Extension
- One year at a time.

Documents required for the extension:
1. Application form (T.M. 7 )
2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .
3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .
4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-
5. The company letters certifying as follows ;
- Nature of business
- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.
- Number of Thai and foreign employees.
6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.
7. Company's annual balance sheets.
8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.
9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.
10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.
11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.
12. Business Registration or Business License.
13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.
14. A map that indicate location of the Company.
15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.
16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

Some Immigrations offices.
17. Picture of all the company's employees at work
18. Picture of all company's employees in front of the office with clear name of the company showing

• Like 1

Unless you visit immigration with full paperwork for an extension of stay and receive it you will have to leave before the end of 26 January and yes you will have issues getting an extension without your departure card and likely will have to make a police report of its loss. You should be checking with who you allowed handle your passport to check for that card - it is not a life and death matter but will be an issue and should not have happened. Someone should be advising you on the need of an extension of stay or a new visa entry if you are working here with a work permit. Yes you will need a re-entry permit to return before that January 26 date and you will have to take care of that missing card (likely before that re-entry permit will be issued). If you want to chance it you may be able to do both at airport during exit processing but make sure you have plenty of time.

Your next step is to get an extension of stay at immigration after you have your work permit with documents from company.

You will need a single re-entry permit for your trip next month to keep your 90 day entry valid at immigration for a cost of 1000 baht.

You will need to do a police report for lost departure card and get a new one at immigration. You could do this when you apply for the re-entry permit.

Last time I traveled out (with re-entry) my exit card was not in my passport, the officer gave me one and asked me to sign it on leaving at Suvarnabhumi. No problem at all for me. I found the card later in my bag.

Not sure if they are all this flexible though.

That is the way they do it when you are leaving. At checkin for flights they often give you one.

But at an immigration office it will be different.

I lost my departure card last year just after I arrive in Thailand. last week I went to immigration in Khon Kaen to get my annual extension of stay visa. They asked for departure card, I said I have lost it, they said ok no problem, when did you arrive in Thailand? I stated the date, they looked in their database and found my name etc and gave me a new departure. So no problems what so ever.

• Like 1

I just took. Picture of departure card just in case !lol

Good idea I have pictures of my pass port also.

If I lost my departure card I would go into immigration and get it taken care of as soon as possible. Some times they can have a bad day and put you through the ringer. for the most part I find them most obliging.

edit spelling

It is immigration not ommagrationsad.png

Edited by hellodolly

Passport, arrival card, work permit, household registration, affirmation to get married, wedding certificate, etc. All scanned and in the computer. Take the scans with them when I visit immigration on a USB stick, has saved a trip in the past when I could show the scan and they printed it for me.

• Like 1

Doesn't apply to the OP, but how do you guys manage to lose your departure cards when they are stapled in to your passport?

They aren't always stapled into passports. In Nong Khai, mine and that of my two other travelling companions were not stamped into our passports. Guess what happened? Mine was lost, but it was due to someone photocopying my passport, taking the departure card out and not returning it. Therefore not my fault, but inconvenient nevertheless.

After losing my departure card I asked for a new one when I checked in. Didn't have. But no problem when going through passport check. I always carry a spare card and told the officer and he accepted the substitute.

Yep, I always have plenty of substitutes too. However, this time I got lucky and my card was sent to me yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

looks like i have to get a work permit after 8 years on retirement ex of stay

wheres the closest fasted reliable Thai Embassy / consulate to get a non B

Laos, Cambodia ???

please and thank you

First you are going to have to apply for the work permit and have a approval letter from labour ministry to get the visa from any nearby location unless you are going to be teaching.

If you can't apply for work permit with current extension you will need to go out for a tourist visa to apply for the work permit.

Best location is Vientiane Laos. Cambodia takes 4 days to get a visa.

looks like i have to get a work permit after 8 years on retirement ex of stay

wheres the closest fasted reliable Thai Embassy / consulate to get a non B

Laos, Cambodia ???

please and thank you

First you are going to have to apply for the work permit and have a approval letter from labour ministry to get the visa from any nearby location unless you are going to be teaching.

If you can't apply for work permit with current extension you will need to go out for a tourist visa to apply for the work permit.

Best location is Vientiane Laos. Cambodia takes 4 days to get a visa.

thanks not teaching

GF's law co is doing the paper work

Laos sounds like the best bet