90 Day reporting . Officer was a bit peeved at me

I have a question about my 90 day reporting any comments are appreciate

I live in Bangkok but last time I renewed my retirement extension in Chonburri not Bangkok. That officer replaced the old 90 day reporting paper with another that was due on the 25th of November

Today I went to the office in Bangkok and did my 90 day reporting. The officer was very confused and went to their superior for clarification then came back gave me the new 90 reporting sheet and then proceeded to lecture me about having to report only to Bangkok because that is my area registered where I live. I nicely pointed out to her that what do I do if I am traveling within Thailand and no where near Bangkok when I have to report.

Correct me if I am wrong but under the law you must report the the nearest Immigration department Is that right

I think she is very wrong here.

Thanks for your input

You are required to report where you have extended. There are other reports due if you move or travel. Some other offices will accept - some will not. But as you can do 90 day address report by mail in Bangkok there is no reason it can not be done wherever you are so expect that is there reasoning.

• Like 1

Just as a matter of interest, if you were travelling around Thailand away from the Immigration office that granted the extension and applied by mail for your 90 days you would obviously not have your original 90 day slip.

Would this cause a problem with some officious person if, assuming you had taken a copy of the original 90 day slip, this was out-of-date before you arrived back home from your travels, ie, past the 7 days on the back of the reporting date?

I know it shouldn't, but just thought I'd ask....................wink.png

Just as a matter of interest, if you were travelling around Thailand away from the Immigration office that granted the extension and applied by mail for your 90 days you would obviously not have your original 90 day slip.

Would this cause a problem with some officious person if, assuming you had taken a copy of the original 90 day slip, this was out-of-date before you arrived back home from your travels, ie, past the 7 days on the back of the reporting date?

I know it shouldn't, but just thought I'd ask....................Posted Image

It should never be a problem. I have never heard of anybody having a problem other than at a immigration office.

I know it shouldn't, but just thought I'd ask....................wink.png

Why would you not have your 90 day slip? It's normally stapled in your passport. Which you should have with you if away from your home.

Can anyone please post more information on the option of mailing in your 90 day reporting?

I did not know this is option was available.

I live in a very remote area and it is always an all day and some what difficult trip to the office in Khorat for me.

It would be wonderful if I could just take care of it via mail.

Simple question: How is it done?

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone please post more information on the option of mailing in your 90 day reporting?

I did not know this is option was available.

I live in a very remote area and it is always an all day and some what difficult trip to the office in Khorat for me.

It would be wonderful if I could just take care of it via mail.

Simple question: How is it done?

Thanks in advance!

There have been reports that Khorat does not accept mail in reports. You should ask them to confirm.

Why do you folks insist on rocking the boat?  Just mail it every month.

Some boats need to be rocked violently that do not accept it by mail.

Agree about boat rock. They are in violation of the immigration act that states they can be mailed in.

I know it shouldn't, but just thought I'd ask....................xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

It should never be a problem. I have never heard of anybody having a problem other than at a immigration office.

Thanks UJ, what I thought. I have on one occasion had my passport checked by BiB and noticed the officer checking the 90 day slip. Whether he was just checking to see what it was and not the information it contained is another matter.

I have heard that there are some immigration offices that don't accept 90 days by mail. What would the traveler do in a situation like that, if access to the office that granted the extension was not an option? It would be a bit of a pisser if a person had to fork out 2,000 baht for this every time they were out of province.

Still, I suppose pre-planning prevents piss poor performance..................wink.png

I have a dumb question. Since they refused to give me an extension on my 1-year O-A visa at the Immi. in C.M., and I then flew to KL for the hell of it and got the 2-month visa when I got back to Thailand, which is where I live, and then I did not go to Immi with the 2-month visa to ask for an extension, instead I tripped to Mae Sae to get a 3-month visa - which the Thai official did not see fit to give me. So now I have a one-month visa with a Departure Card date for just before Christmas.

The question is do I still have to make the 90-day report in to Immi? which is due in 2 days.Since I have been out of the country (only for one hour) in Myanmar, and my G/F says that the process started again since I technically have just arrived into LOS from Myanmar and what I did previous to this is irrelevant. Right?

I have a dumb question. Since they refused to give me an extension on my 1-year O-A visa at the Immi. in C.M., and I then flew to KL for the hell of it and got the 2-month visa when I got back to Thailand, which is where I live, and then I did not go to Immi with the 2-month visa to ask for an extension, instead I tripped to Mae Sae to get a 3-month visa - which the Thai official did not see fit to give me. So now I have a one-month visa with a Departure Card date for just before Christmas.  

The question is do I still have to make the 90-day report in to Immi?  which is due in 2 days.Since I have been out of the country (only for one hour) in Myanmar, and my G/F says that the process started again since I technically have just arrived into LOS from Myanmar and what I did previous to this is irrelevant. Right? 

No report needed.

I did a reply to your other post here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/683140-Help.-Refused-non-immigrant-"O"-visa.#entry7085585