RigPig

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RigPig

Just curious, what attracted you to these ladies?

If you are referring to ex's, they weren't all bad sometimes it ended for other reasons and a couple of them I regard as (and are) good friends

But the thread is not about my love life or my previous relationships, as stated several times before, it was bought about mainly by a comment made by a Thai friend which surprised me. Partly because from my experience most Thai's seem to look down on people from Myanmar and because of his opinion of Thai women, not mine.

And yet I am the one (I realize I started the thread) fielding all sorts of accusations, innuendos and people offering to sort my life out. It doesn't need sorting, it was (to me anyway) just a simple question bought about by curiosity.......no more

If I were you, I'd examine myself and my assumptions about women in general first.

Hmmmmmmm thank you that piece of astounding wisdom.

Let me think:

Myself : gullible, soft hearted, generous, an easy touch, genuine, honest, faithful, trusting.............

Past girl friends (most but not all):, greedy, conniving, lier's, thieves, gold diggers, dominating'...............

Oh sorry these aren't assumptions they are facts, that must be what I am doing wrong, I should "assume" they are not like that until proven otherwise, oh hang on I did that before !!!

Maybe you can give me some other advise...........

Look for the common cause.

If I were you, I'd examine myself and my assumptions about women in general first.

Let me think:

Myself : gullible, soft hearted, generous, an easy touch, genuine, honest, faithful, trusting.............

Past girl friends (most but not all):, greedy, conniving, lier's, thieves, gold diggers, dominating'...............

Oh sorry these aren't assumptions they are facts, that must be what I am doing wrong, I should "assume" they are not like that until proven otherwise, oh hang on I did that before !!!

" Look for the common cause."

OK great advise, why didn't I think of that ?

I know, it might be 80% of Thai women are only looking for a free ride...........

Wish I had thought of that earlier then I wouldn't have had to post this to see what peoples opinion of my Thai friends remarks were !!!

I'll pass all of the good advise on to him maybe he can do something to correct his attitude.............or maybe he is right !!! But what would he know after all he is only Thai right?

I have another thought maybe I should go and live in Nakohn Nowhere in the middle of a rice paddy and buy the woman a new car, house, gold, support her family, pay a million baht in Sin Sot and when the money runs out get deported because I can't afford the airfare ................

That would work too...........

Oh by the way thanks for addressing the OP and reading the whole thread

Edited by RigPig

Redneck

Wonderful! I don't know how you were able to get her into the states. Any secret?

I tried to marry her in Thailand for 3 years with no luck. Burmese gov. will not allow it, long long story with many dead ends and many trips to BKK and Yangon.

Many scam companys in Thailand say they can do it and give you the "flowery marrage cert." but it's not legal. I finally had to get a finace visa to the states, an expensive and long process but worth it.

Visa Journey.com was a big help

Let me think:

" Look for the common cause."

OK great advise, why didn't I think of that ?

I know, it might be 80% of Thai women are only looking for a free ride...........

Wish I had thought of that earlier then I wouldn't have had to post this to see what peoples opinion of my Thai friends remarks were !!!

I'll pass all of the good advise on to him maybe he can do something to correct his attitude.............or maybe he is right !!! But what would he know after all he is only Thai right?

I have another thought maybe I should go and live in Nakohn Nowhere in the middle of a rice paddy and buy the woman a new car, house, gold, support her family, pay a million baht in Sin Sot and when the money runs out get deported because I can't afford the airfare ................

That would work too...........

Oh by the way thanks for addressing the OP and reading the whole thread

Still struggling to see it then. What does your friend being Thai have to do with your justifications. Thai men are all perfect as you ?

Also why would you have to live in a rice paddy and buy a car and house etc ? Aren't independent financially well off, intelligent women interested in you ?

Redneck

Thanks. If you remember the name of the company that helped you get the fiance visa p[lease PM me! I am trying to get a lady to the US.

elgenon

Sorry I don't know how to PM.. I never used a company ( all crooked) Just go to the web site "visa journey.com and or the US gov site ( homelandsecurity.gov)

Visa journey can lead you through step by step or you can hire a lawyer and waste $3,000us for him to tell you what forms and other paperwork YOU have to collect anyway and he just puts it together and submits it for you.

You can PM me if you need more info and I will try to figure out how to answer ...

OOPS I just remembered === If I had to do it over I would take her to Singapore or Hong Kong (assuming she has a passport ) ( needs one either way) marry her there then apply to US. Look into it cause it will be faster and cheaper and she will get a green card when she lands here instead of waiting 2 more years and about another $ 1,000 bucks.

Best of luck

Still struggling to see it then. What does your friend being Thai have to do with your justifications. Thai men are all perfect as you ?

Also why would you have to live in a rice paddy and buy a car and house etc ? Aren't independent financially well off, intelligent women interested in you ?

The "justification" as you put it (not that I see it needs any) is that the comments were made by him, not me, it just raised my curiosity.

As for financially independent women, few and far between here IMHO. If they weren't the price of living would be much higher one way or another. But I am happy you have found a HiSo wife / GF to sponge off. I am sure her family welcomed a foreigner into their midst with open arms, even though it was only because your millions would help advance the family. As long as your happy / comfortable with it.

There is nothing to see, I am quite happy (as stated in a previous post that you obviously took the time to read) with my lot thanks.

If you read the comments I posted about my Thai friend I would have thought the reasoning was pretty straight forward.

Thanks for your invaluable input on the OP,I am sure we ALL gained some insight from it..............

I have gone through most of this thread, (and picked bits from the internet wikis and quoted it below).

Nowhere in this thread has it been mentioned that Myanmar consists of more than eight major national ethnic races (which comprise 135 "distinct" ethnic groups), which includes the Bamar, Shan, Kayin, Rakhine, Mon, Kayah, and Kachin.

So in Myanmar we have much more ethnic/racial variety than in Thailand. The official racial classification system is somewhat flawed, because it groups ethnic groups under ethnic races by geography, rather than by linguistic or genetic similarity (e.g. the Kokang are under the Shanethnic race, although they are ethnic Chinese). Unrecognized ethnic groups include Burmese Indians and Burmese Chinese, who form 2% and 3% of the population respectively. The remaining 5% of the population belong to small ethnic groups such as the remnants of the Anglo-Burmese and Anglo-Indian communities, as well as the Lisu, Rawang, Naga, Padaung, Moken, and many minorities across Shan State.

Given the above I wouldn't dare to try to generalize Myanmar women at all, except for the part that there are plenty of beautiful ones, well educated, hard working, disciplined, and fluent in English.

Also in Thailand we've got a very homogeneous language landscape. Offical Thai, Issan (lao), Southern (yawi), and very poor English.

For language in Myanmar we've got Burmese, Shan, Karen, Kachin, Chin, Mon, and Rakhine. English is also widely spoken, and is the secondary language learnt in schools.

I'll still make one more generalization though: The Burmese women I have met all take relationships a lot more seriously than most all of The Thai women I have ever encountered.

I have gone through most of this thread, (and picked bits from the internet wikis and quoted it below).
Nowhere in this thread has it been mentioned that Myanmar consists of more than eight major national ethnic races (which comprise 135 "distinct" ethnic groups), which includes the Bamar, Shan, Kayin, Rakhine, Mon, Kayah, and Kachin.
So in Myanmar we have much more ethnic/racial variety than in Thailand. The official racial classification system is somewhat flawed, because it groups ethnic groups under ethnic races by geography, rather than by linguistic or genetic similarity (e.g. the Kokang are under the Shanethnic race, although they are ethnic Chinese). Unrecognized ethnic groups include Burmese Indians and Burmese Chinese, who form 2% and 3% of the population respectively. The remaining 5% of the population belong to small ethnic groups such as the remnants of the Anglo-Burmese and Anglo-Indian communities, as well as the Lisu, Rawang, Naga, Padaung, Moken, and many minorities across Shan State.
Given the above I wouldn't dare to try to generalize Myanmar women at all, except for the part that there are plenty of beautiful ones, well educated, hard working, disciplined, and fluent in English.
Also in Thailand we've got a very homogeneous language landscape. Offical Thai, Issan (lao), Southern (yawi), and very poor English.
For language in Myanmar we've got Burmese, Shan, Karen, Kachin, Chin, Mon, and Rakhine. English is also widely spoken, and is the secondary language learnt in schools.
I'll still make one more generalization though: The Burmese women I have met all take relationships a lot more seriously than most all of The Thai women I have ever encountered.

Thank you for that, the information helps "fill some gaps"

We've had a few female Burmese teachers in my school and they were lovely. I guess they were from better-off families as their english was much better than the average Thai teacher. I can see Myanmar coming along strongly in the future - they don't mind working hard and getting their hands dirty. I wish them all the best.

• 1 month later...

Let me think:

It's great that you see yourself in such a positive light. What I find to be very true is people rarely see themselves in the same way as others see them, particularly in a different culture. So perhaps the Thai women you've had difficulty with see you this way:

Boring, cheap, brooding, jealous, insecure, controlling, culturally ignorant, unattractive, etc.

Just saying...

• 3 weeks later...

Over the past 10 years I've had Burmese maids , some were good some bad and then I've had Karen girls for the last 6 years which I found really good . They had really nice caring personallities and great to have in the house and always willing to learn new things .

I always thought they would be a great partner as they always made sure you were taken care of , good house keepers ,cooks and good with children . But they always said they would only go with Karen men and disliked Burmese . So I guess farangs are out of the picture also.

• 3 weeks later...

I met a gorgeous burmese girl in Yangoon working at a restaurant. She was studying engineering at university and her english was ok.

I agree with what someone else said earlier about burmese people being generally more inquisitive and open to learning. I think thais are happy being thai and doing things their way. The burmese people I have met have shown a lot of interest in learning english and learning about other cultures.

I met a gorgeous burmese girl in Yangoon working at a restaurant. She was studying engineering at university and her english was ok.

I agree with what someone else said earlier about burmese people being generally more inquisitive and open to learning. I think thais are happy being thai and doing things their way. The burmese people I have met have shown a lot of interest in learning english and learning about other cultures.

Not difficult to understand that the only reason is that THEY HAVE NO CHOICE, no ?

Thailand is the champion and they really don't care because everybody want to live here, even American and European, so why should they try to be better ?

I have a Burmese girl friend for almost a year now,she's a great lady,quite reasonable,f

very loving,and does not mind taking care of the cooking,and housekeeping,I think Burmese women are less spoiled than their Thai counterpart.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have a Burmese girl friend for almost a year now,she's a great lady,quite reasonable,f

very loving,and does not mind taking care of the cooking,and housekeeping,I think Burmese women are less spoiled than their Thai counterpart.

One would hope so as the GDP per person in Burma is about what a lot of Thais spend on Television for a year.

• 11 months later...

Globalization and "opening a country up to the world" does not cause people to lose their values as much as you think it does. (Though it definitely will to some degree)

Thai culture has always been about conniving and treating other people like slaves, and this didn't change after tourists started to come here.

My great grandmother was born in Thailand around ~1900-1910 and I remember she hated my grandfather because he was poor and she wanted someone with money for my grandmother.

She yelled at my grandfather when he protested against chopping down all the trees to make more room for rice fields.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

Even if you do get a Burmese woman and bring her over, you'll still want to live a western lifestyle, because you are western.

So what was the point of bringing a non-western person over to live a western lifestyle with you while bashing Thais for being western?

If you want her to be subservient then that's ok, as long as you treat her well I guess.

Myanmar probably won't completely change for a few more decades. Even in Thailand there are people who don't ask for much, if you know where to look. But they are primarily going to be ethnic minorities. In Laos and Cambodia there are good people, but those usually won't speak English.

Try going to Mae Sot, there are lots of Burmese immigrants there.

• 1 month later...

Ok. Here is my two bits.

I have been in Thailand a little over a year. And I will just give you some of my experiences and thoughts. Not knowing Thai very well my experience has been with "bargirls" in CM. I have had a desire to have more of a GF type of relationship since getting here and not just a sexpat fling from girl to girl. I know with my little (to some) experience that you can take the girl out of the bar but not the bar out of the girl. Once a customer always a customer...... in some form and yada yada yada. (But even married to a westerner you pay for it. There are two things in this world that are not free......A free lunch and free....... pardon my French.) So my conclusion is that It is crucial for me to learn Thai better (and that is what I am doing) so I can meet Thai women outside of the bar scene. But in my year here I have met three "bar girls" that I thought MIGHT make a good girl friend.

2 were Thai and 1 was Chan.

Now I have a friend who is Thai fluent and has been living here for 12 years. who saids that if you meet a girl in a bar on Loy Kroh she is technically a "bargirl." I actually agree with him but there are "bargirls" and there are "BARGIRLS." Every "bargirl" has their story and their life and their own character. There is nothing wrong with generalizing as long as one use it as a guide and is open to fine tuning that generalization or even throwing it out completely as new specific truths arrive. Having said this I don't think any one of these three were typical "bargirls." I am happy to see that two of them are now no longer doing bar. One is now a cook for a school. There other is managing (handling the money) for an owner of a couple of beauty shops in CM who lives in Korea. These are the two Thai girls. And both are completely different as individuals but both share a Thai-ness that the girl from Chan doesn't have. (She tells me that Chan is it own country and not a part of Myanmar.) I highly prefer the Chan girl. Partly it is her charactor. But also it is her experiences and culture and how she is with me.

She calls herself "Thai yai" my Thai Tuk Tuk driver nodded his head when I told him that but he couldn't explain to me the nuances of it. (She is not Thai but she lives here as a permenent resident?) She has been here 15 years. She has been working bar about a year now. I think one of the big differences between her and the 2 Thai girls is that she doesn't care in the same way about what other Thais are thinking about her. I felt the other girls being very self conscious out in public with me. I don't get that from her in the same way. What I get is the "fear" that Thai people will know she is "Burmese." I was kidding around with her out in public and mentioned something about her being from Burma and she politely "shhhhh"ed me. Even though we were in the parking lot and hardly anyone was around.

"Some people can understand English." She said.

If I would try to boil the difference down I would say that she is more "humbled" (not necessarily humbler) than the others two Thai girls who has a sort of "native Thai largesse." And she is more appreciative. But she is still a bargirl and I am her boyfriend/customer. I call her my pseudo-GF. But through her i have become very interested in meeting more women from Myanmar particularly Chan. And have access to their world a little even now. And have stumbled on a way of meeting more Chan/Myanmar women in CM.

(A nifty idea.... I must say.)

(Below is not my stumbled on "secret" way but just FYI.)

She lives in apartment house owned by a Chan woman that have only Chan women tenants. And the way she sends money home is interesting.

And she is definitely afraid of the Thai police. I asked here about it. She doesn't really want to talk about it.

I wonder why. I think there has been some bad experiences there. Being "Thai Yai" is also being a second class citizen and i think there has been occasions of abuse there.

Chan? Do you mean shan? I searched and could not find any chan state or chan people. There's shan and there's chin.

I have thai gf of 11 years, she is a great lady, and does not mind working for a living, earns about 15,000 baht a month,she is not spoiled either.

Over the past 10 years I've had Burmese maids , some were good some bad and then I've had Karen girls for the last 6 years which I found really good . They had really nice caring personallities and great to have in the house and always willing to learn new things .

I always thought they would be a great partner as they always made sure you were taken care of , good house keepers ,cooks and good with children . But they always said they would only go with Karen men and disliked Burmese . So I guess farangs are out of the picture also.

Do you blame them???

These thai knockers probably treat them like a slave, or hooker