Women from Myanmar

RigPig

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something to be aware of, things are not as cheap as they may seem.

A condo in a city in that country with some "western" luxuries like AC, hot water etc is extremely expensive. Upwards of $1500 USD (45,000B) a month for not much at all. The same would be about 10,000B a month in a place like Chaing Mai or the Pattaya sest pit.

I presume supply and demand but not really sure, (as supply and demand is thrown out the winder regarding pricing in Thailand)

There is plenty of info on this site in the sub forum.

Edited by haveaniceday

Just try to think about what Thailand was like 50-60 years ago and that will give you an inkling of what Burma and Burmese women are like. Some generalities: Burmese are more ethnocentric and xenophobic than most Thais. I think you will find it very difficult to get a 'respectable' Burmese woman interested in you. If you do, I think you will find it to be a more positive experience than Thai women. But with the rapid technological changes happening in Burma, this won't last long.

Sorry, but how can you generalize about women of any country in this way? It's just not possible.

There's good and bad in all of us.

The only reason we experience it more in Asia is because many foreigners (not all I quickly add) only have the opportunity of socializing with the most desperate and poorest women.

Others meet really nice honest genuine women.

There can be no generalization between the two.

The "ladies of Myanmar" include a variety of different ethnic groups, each group different (sometimes strikingly different) than the next.

You really cannot generalize about such diverse groups.

Burman, Shan, Chinese, Karen, Indian, Lahu, Akha, et al. - each of these ethnic groups has its own distinct language, culture, religion, etc.

All of these groups make up the ladies and gents of Myanmar.

Just try to think about what Thailand was like 50-60 years ago and that will give you an inkling of what Burma and Burmese women are like. Some generalities: Burmese are more ethnocentric and xenophobic than most Thais. I think you will find it very difficult to get a 'respectable' Burmese woman interested in you. If you do, I think you will find it to be a more positive experience than Thai women. But with the rapid technological changes happening in Burma, this won't last long.

Yeah, Thai women have been ruined by rapid technological changes, unlike farang men, who get better and better which age and technological changes.

Farang Thai Visa users = living saints

Thai women = horrible and ungrateful

I can say enough good things about Myanmar women. I have been living with a Myanmar lady for two years.now. I am 74 and she is 46 and my life couldn't be better. I also have 8 years of experience living with different Thai ladies and It's all about money and gold with them.

What a nice thread.

Just what I was thinking ... these bitches talk about the women as if they're on a cattle-market ...

Maybe the department of person-trafficing should take a look at this ...

It's okay to talk about wanting a relationship with a foreign woman, but don't treath them like pieces of meat that are there to serve your old lazy asses !

I can say enough good things about Myanmar women. I have been living with a Myanmar lady for two years.now. I am 74 and she is 46 and my life couldn't be better. I also have 8 years of experience living with different Thai ladies and It's all about money and gold with them.

...and a quick look at Burmese history will reveal their penchant for playing the long game, regardless of their gender.

Thinking about the comments of Thai vs Myanmar... makes me think of the idiom "Don't Thai to me". Posted Image

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So, pray tell, what is meaning (and background) of this idiom?

Impatience of neighboring countries with the Thai attitude, unreliability and nationalism. That idiom is synonymous with "don't lie to me". Another realization for which Thai can be proud. Their nationality has become the regional example of liars, cheaters and untrustworthy characters. I guess the Myanmar laborers get thaied to the whole time they are in TH.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For all these Quotes, this thread was a "curiosity" thing. Yes it is wrong to generalize but we all do it, I am currently working in Saudi Arabia and it would be VERY easy to generalize about it.

It was not meant to see women in a cattle market, how ever, I think that I can generalize about the majority of women I have dated here (not all fit the category but ...). Yes there are cultural differences that come into play in both of the cases I have stated here and maybe (at least to some degree) this is part of the question.

As stated in previous posts, part of what bought this about was the comment made by a good Thai friend of many years that Thai women "can't be trusted and want too much", a generalization from a native Thai !!! I didn't realize his wife was from Myanmar and I can't remember what bought the subject up (over a couple of beers), but it struck me nonetheless.

I guess I intended this to be a kind of "bar room banter". It was not meant to offend anyone...... My apologies if it did. Thanks to those who seem to have understood where I was coming from.

Have known 2 Myanmar women. One was doing post grad studies with my group. Lovely person, open minded and outside the box person.

Other more recent is a nurse that belongs to teaching faculty in thailand. Also very nice person.

My heart goes out to the exploited people in aforementioned posts.

Thanks, this was part of my supposition too.

Thank you for that, you appear to be the only person who has had a series of relationships that can make this opinion. I was hoping for more of this kind of input but apart from opinions and generalizations (which is wrong I have been told) not more seems to have come of the thread ...so far. Maybe there are not too many Farangs that have girl friends or wives from Myanmar that have had previous experiences with Thai women, good or bad,

I wish you well with it and hope you continue to be happy.....

My housekeeper, who comes 2 days a week is from Karen. She is sweet, funny, married, calls me "Lune" (Uncle), and fun to be around. If she can't come, she sends her younger sister, who is just as sweet, just as funny, very cute, and also calls me Lune. Both of them are a joy to be around.

Did not read the replies after a few it started wandering.

You asked

Do Myanmar women stand by and look after their man (more so than Thai women)?

Way to generalized a question. How long have they been in Thailand?

Are they demanding or happy with their lot in life (unlike any Thai GF I have had) ?

Once again Way to generalized and also what is the man like Is he an a hole who could not get a women where he comes from?

How would you meet them (without moving there, I like Thailand)?

I was in a restaurant one night and ordered in my best Thai her reply was in perfect English. She informed me she didn't speak Thai She was from Burma. Their are lots of them just get out and look around.

Any thoughts, experiences, advise? All comments are welcome and appreciated, I think this will be a good read.

I once drove through from Mai Sai to Monglar on the Chinese border. Did not meet any as I had my wife but the ones in the market had some pretty miserable looks on their faces. They seemed to have no hope. so possibly they would make a great partner. Just not as good as my Thai wife of 7 years.

experience; if you find one that hasn't been here for a long time then they will still have their ways from their country which is quite a bit different.Have the qualities you were referring to.If they have been here for a long time then they will adopt the same qualities as the native women here.

...hope she can say the same!