Women from Myanmar

RigPig

as my experiences with thai women have been in general very good, I dont understand what you are looking for. perhaps the thai women that have caused you to have such a jaundiced opinion come from a different sector of society than the ones I know.

And what sector of society does the thai girls you know come from if I may ask? Let me guess, the rich ones who drives Mercedes or BMW and have 5 Burmese maids in they'r 100 million bath house clap2.gif

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try improving yourself and then maybe you won't have such a hard time finding a good partner.

If improving = give her more money and spend more time with her family, I can agree . Thank you but no thank you.

I can say enough good things about Myanmar women. I have been living with a Myanmar lady for two years.now. I am 74 and she is 46 and my life couldn't be better. I also have 8 years of experience living with different Thai ladies and It's all about money and gold with them.

Good to know I'm not alone with the bad experience with many different Thai lady's who always begging and complaining about cheap charlie.

About 12 years ago a westerner met his Myanmar bride in a hotel in Burma where his bride worked as a maid. She has a college degree. I have met her many times and know her pretty well. They are still married with two kids and as far as my observation goes she is very conservative in her spending. She doesn't need a car, she doesn't drive. She gets her kids to/from school on bikes.

I also know several Thai women who are married to foreigners who would stick by their husbands through thick and thin. I know several who are married but live in different cities but still stick to their husbands...I guess because of financial reasons. I know a few who would kick their husbands out as soon as his wallet is empty. There are Thai women whom I would never want my male relatives to even think of dating them. Those are the ones who are really in to money, they look nice every single day, they have a portable refridgerator in their bedroom to keep their makeups, cream and lotion in perfect temperature. Those are the ones who are so prejudice against poor people, those are the one who are not afraid to say 'your cooking no good'. Money, appearance, nice house and big cars are so important to them. They don't drink, they don't smoke, they don't know how to cook and they don't think eating too much sugar in Thailand is not bad because the climate here is hot. They take more time in learning about makeup than gathering knowledge of good nutritious food to feed their toddlers.

You just described my ex-wife here, but forgot to mention chatting and playing games on the Iphone 12 hours a day

TheSpade said:

One of the most beautiful girls I've seen here in Bangkok turned out to be Burmese, she works in an Indian restaurant close to where I live, also very friendly, helpful, attentive, chatty and smiling a lot.

Do you know where she stays? I want to see her smile.

Maybe she is the one I saw too.

Edited by DGIE

NO, THEY are NOT same.

Thai ladies : money, money, money!

Burmian ladies: money, money, money & money!

So you can see, NOT same.

Based on what facts can you say that Burmese women are more greedy than Thai women? Personally I didn't think that was possible .

Edited by bander

100b per day? wow!

So they the Myanmar woman will be very happy if you will marry her and give her better life.

Thai? Most of what I have read is they divorce their foreign husbands after they see less in their bank. Or after transferring the properties in their names. But many of them are beautiful for sure.

First rule: buy condo and car in your name.

2nd rule: get a Thai gf and pay her salary by the month and you don't get ripped off.

I learned the lesson the hard way and never buy anything in Thai name anymore.

Cheers!

100b per day? wow!

So they the Myanmar woman will be very happy if you will marry her and give her better life.

Thai? Most of what I have read is they divorce their foreign husbands after they see less in their bank. Or after transferring the properties in their names. But many of them are beautiful for sure.

2nd rule: get a Thai gf and pay her salary by the month and you don't get ripped off.

Cheers!

Cheers to you bander. Thx for your posts.

100b per day? wow!

Cheers!

Cheers to you bander. Thx for your posts.

Yes, Bander I hope you got my PM

My wife is from Myanmar and we have a daughter. We live in Bangkok where we both work.

I had numerous thai girlfriends and a thai wife prior to this and although I can't speak for all I'd never go back to thai.

10 million folks in Bangkok. How many did you date?

Ok. Here is my two bits.

I have been in Thailand a little over a year. And I will just give you some of my experiences and thoughts. Not knowing Thai very well my experience has been with "bargirls" in CM. I have had a desire to have more of a GF type of relationship since getting here and not just a sexpat fling from girl to girl. I know with my little (to some) experience that you can take the girl out of the bar but not the bar out of the girl. Once a customer always a customer...... in some form and yada yada yada. (But even married to a westerner you pay for it. There are two things in this world that are not free......A free lunch and free....... pardon my French.) So my conclusion is that It is crucial for me to learn Thai better (and that is what I am doing) so I can meet Thai women outside of the bar scene. But in my year here I have met three "bar girls" that I thought MIGHT make a good girl friend.

2 were Thai and 1 was Chan.

Now I have a friend who is Thai fluent and has been living here for 12 years. who saids that if you meet a girl in a bar on Loy Kroh she is technically a "bargirl." I actually agree with him but there are "bargirls" and there are "BARGIRLS." Every "bargirl" has their story and their life and their own character. There is nothing wrong with generalizing as long as one use it as a guide and is open to fine tuning that generalization or even throwing it out completely as new specific truths arrive. Having said this I don't think any one of these three were typical "bargirls." I am happy to see that two of them are now no longer doing bar. One is now a cook for a school. There other is managing (handling the money) for an owner of a couple of beauty shops in CM who lives in Korea. These are the two Thai girls. And both are completely different as individuals but both share a Thai-ness that the girl from Chan doesn't have. (She tells me that Chan is it own country and not a part of Myanmar.) I highly prefer the Chan girl. Partly it is her charactor. But also it is her experiences and culture and how she is with me.

She calls herself "Thai yai" my Thai Tuk Tuk driver nodded his head when I told him that but he couldn't explain to me the nuances of it. (She is not Thai but she lives here as a permenent resident?) She has been here 15 years. She has been working bar about a year now. I think one of the big differences between her and the 2 Thai girls is that she doesn't care in the same way about what other Thais are thinking about her. I felt the other girls being very self conscious out in public with me. I don't get that from her in the same way. What I get is the "fear" that Thai people will know she is "Burmese." I was kidding around with her out in public and mentioned something about her being from Burma and she politely "shhhhh"ed me. Even though we were in the parking lot and hardly anyone was around.

"Some people can understand English." She said.

If I would try to boil the difference down I would say that she is more "humbled" (not necessarily humbler) than the others two Thai girls who has a sort of "native Thai largesse." And she is more appreciative. But she is still a bargirl and I am her boyfriend/customer. I call her my pseudo-GF. But through her i have become very interested in meeting more women from Myanmar particularly Chan. And have access to their world a little even now. And have stumbled on a way of meeting more Chan/Myanmar women in CM.

(A nifty idea.... I must say.)

(Below is not my stumbled on "secret" way but just FYI.)

She lives in apartment house owned by a Chan woman that have only Chan women tenants. And the way she sends money home is interesting.

And she is definitely afraid of the Thai police. I asked here about it. She doesn't really want to talk about it.

I wonder why. I think there has been some bad experiences there. Being "Thai Yai" is also being a second class citizen and i think there has been occasions of abuse there.

My girl owns a resort in Mae Hong Son, and hires plenty of workers from Myanmar. Most of them are actually from a "Tribe" that never belonged to either Thailand or Burma. Communication is difficult as they often do not speak Thai at all. I suppose, if you really were interested in having a wife (as opposed from shooting ducks in a duck pond and sharing them (prostitutes in bars) you could find a nice, hard working girl there. Big problem with language and culture though.

My girl owns a resort in Mae Hong Son, and hires plenty of workers from Myanmar. Most of them are actually from a "Tribe" that never belonged to either Thailand or Burma. Communication is difficult as they often do not speak Thai at all. I suppose, if you really were interested in having a wife (as opposed from shooting ducks in a duck pond and sharing them (prostitutes in bars) you could find a nice, hard working girl there. Big problem with language and culture though.

You mean Akha?

You mean Akha?

There are several tribes. My gal says many Karen, but the Akha are more concentrated in Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai.

Yes exactly. Big problem with language and culture. But many of them learn Thai eventually. The reason why if you speak Thai you have more options. Edited by DeeMockMark

My wife is from Myanmar and we have a daughter. We live in Bangkok where we both work.

I had numerous thai girlfriends and a thai wife prior to this and although I can't speak for all I'd never go back to thai.

10 million folks in Bangkok. How many did you date?

Is that a trick question?

If I were you, I'd examine myself and my assumptions about women in general first.

Hmmmmmmm thank you that piece of astounding wisdom.

Let me think:

Myself : gullible, soft hearted, generous, an easy touch, genuine, honest, faithful, trusting.............

Past girl friends (most but not all):, greedy, conniving, lier's, thieves, gold diggers, dominating'...............

Oh sorry these aren't assumptions they are facts, that must be what I am doing wrong, I should "assume" they are not like that until proven otherwise, oh hang on I did that before !!!

Maybe you can give me some other advise...........

I´ll give you advise, RigPig:

Read C.G. Jung, learn about projections and shadow, what you´ve experienced is a mirror to your own soul, self, ego, psyche, get it?

Most people don´t, they prefer to still blame the other, or they move to Thailand, haha!

wai.gif

I have been with a Burmese (Shan) woman for 8 years and married for the last 3. I am 65 and she is 35. We met in Chiang Mai and lived there for 5 years before moving back to the states for an extended visit (she wanted to see snow & I wanted her to see the American west) .. I had a few Thai girl friends before I met her and I wouldn't trade her for any and every women in Thailand.. My wife has the attitude, beliefs, values, etc: that my grandmothers generation had and she still surprises me about how smart a person with a 3rd grade education can be ( she speaks 4 languages ). Every morning- and I do mean EVERY morning I open my eyes I see her SMILEING face. By the way ,when we move back to asia it will be Burma never Thailand again, My visits to Burma proved (at least to me ) that they are way more friendly and unlike Thai's they are willing to learn.

I´ll give you advise, RigPig:

Read C.G. Jung, learn about projections and shadow, what you´ve experienced is a mirror to your own soul, self, ego, psyche, get it?

Most people don´t, they prefer to still blame the other, or they move to Thailand, haha!

wai.gif

Well for me this thing wasn't all that serious, I certainly wasn't looking for lectures on improving my life and certainly didn't expect the snide and abusive comments that came along, I am quite happy with my lot thanks. I have everything I need most of what I want, earn good money tax free and only work six months of the year all over the world. And the bonus is I live 500 meters from a beautiful beach and pretty much have an infrastructure equal to the Western world. Yeah life's good thanks.

However the replies that have been posted by people that have ACTUAL experiences in the matter seem to confirm what my Thai frind stated about his Bumese wife, and that's what really started this.......

I have been with a Burmese (Shan) woman for 8 years and married for the last 3. I am 65 and she is 35. We met in Chiang Mai and lived there for 5 years before moving back to the states for an extended visit (she wanted to see snow & I wanted her to see the American west) .. I had a few Thai girl friends before I met her and I wouldn't trade her for any and every women in Thailand.. My wife has the attitude, beliefs, values, etc: that my grandmothers generation had and she still surprises me about how smart a person with a 3rd grade education can be ( she speaks 4 languages ). Every morning- and I do mean EVERY morning I open my eyes I see her SMILEING face. By the way ,when we move back to asia it will be Burma never Thailand again, My visits to Burma proved (at least to me ) that they are way more friendly and unlike Thai's they are willing to learn.

Thanks for that Redneck, you seem to mirror others in a similar situation, including my Thai friend. I hope all continues for you, stay happy...

Tony

In reply to RigPig

"....... as Thai women can't generally be trusted and want too much. "

I can definively answer YES to this short comment, as I am married for 14 years and can fully agree with this.

If we didn't have one daughter together, I would already fill for divorce (better alone than in bad company).

I have being cheated almost everyday, and with a (now internationaly famous) smile, as many other farangs friends around me since 14 years.

We all cannot mary with rich family heiress, this is the problem with this unbalance. We, farangs, have usually more money available than our thai counterpart. The farang inside the couple (can be man but also woman like one here in Phuket) has to pay to his thai counterpart, this is a tradition (e.g. : like we must financially help the thai family). Am I wrong ?

So, when they cannot have more, they often just take.

In reply to RigPig

I can definively answer YES to this short comment, as I am married for 14 years and can fully agree with this.

If we didn't have one daughter together, I would already fill for divorce (better alone than in bad company).

I have being cheated almost everyday, and with a (now internationaly famous) smile, as many other farangs friends around me since 14 years.

We all cannot mary with rich family heiress, this is the problem with this unbalance. We, farangs, have usually more money available than our thai counterpart. The farang inside the couple (can be man but also woman like one here in Phuket) has to pay to his thai counterpart, this is a tradition (e.g. : like we must financially help the thai family). Am I wrong ?

Yes but this comment came from a good Thai friend, married to a Burmese lady. You are not wrong believe me and actually being alone is not bad, I actually enjoy my own company 5 5 5. I do what I want when I want and just pay a lady 500 baht for 4 hours a week to clean the place.

A lot of the problem with me is I work 5 weeks then have 5 weeks off so not being around all the time leaves you vulnerable. But I have also found (although it can be a bit costly) that they are not that clever usually (although I have to admit the last one got me good and despite everything I didn't see it all coming, until it was too late) "if you give them enough rope they hang themselves". But the stupid thing was the things she stole while I was away I would have given freely anyway.... She really could have "milked it" a lot more and longer..... however I suppose I was lucky. She still calls me and says she misses me but usually hangs when I ask why....

You are right believe me !!!

Good luck with your situation, sometimes it is better to "bite the bullet" and screw the consequences,better to live happy (we only have one life, until proven otherwise) than spend it in misery.

In reply to RigPig

Yes but this comment came from a good Thai friend, married to a Burmese lady. You are not wrong believe me and actually being alone is not bad, I actually enjoy my own company 5 5 5. I do what I want when I want and just pay a lady 500 baht for 4 hours a week to clean the place.

A lot of the problem with me is I work 5 weeks then have 5 weeks off so not being around all the time leaves you vulnerable. But I have also found (although it can be a bit costly) that they are not that clever usually (although I have to admit the last one got me good and despite everything I didn't see it all coming, until it was too late) "if you give them enough rope they hang themselves". But the stupid thing was the things she stole while I was away I would have given freely anyway.... She really could have "milked it" a lot more and longer..... however I suppose I was lucky. She still calls me and says she misses me but usually hangs when I ask why....

You are right believe me !!!

Good luck with your situation, sometimes it is better to "bite the bullet" and screw the consequences,better to live happy (we only have one life, until proven otherwise) than spend it in misery.

You can always tell if a person will have problems in SEA. How you may ask? Simple, if in normal conversation they refer to the local population as, "they." Check it out. All the people who have problems in Thailand who post on this forum always refer to Thais as they.