Many females want to be fair skin. Why are they so Prejudice? Or are they?

quiuvo

I dont think showing them the error will do much but I do agree they should be made aware of the contempt of their peers

Do you mean, you think they don't know that Thai people (their peers) thing white is beautiful and have contempt of dark skin?

lol! i was referring to us as his TV peers. we all obviously feel it to be important that our views will be understood and respected by folks from outside our sometimes limited spheres.

• Like 1

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think showing them the error will do much but I do agree they should be made aware of the contempt of their peers

Do you mean, you think they don't know that Thai people (their peers) thing white is beautiful and have contempt of dark skin?

lol! i was referring to us as his TV peers. we all obviously feel it to be important that our views will be understood and respected by folks from outside our sometimes limited spheres.

OIC

tyler2208...... finds the dark skinned girls ugly, to him they look dirty and uneducated. He states he not saying that they are dirty and uneducated or ugly but that is just his perception.

This must the worst hidden racist remark I ever read.

Why not just be man enough to say what you are.

A poorly camouflaged bigot.

When PC zealots don't know some reasonable response, they start their standard bully speech: you are racist, you are a bigot, you are a "misogynist" .....

Can't you bore us with anything else?

Do you think a guy that a post quoting, folk with dark skin look ''ugly, dirty and uneducated'' should not be ''pulled up'' and shown the error of their ways...?

I wonder what description he will use for people with black skin (not tan/brown).

I live in Chiang Mai where women from this area tend to have lighter skin than say ladies from Isaan who are often looked down on because of their darker colour the other factor is the full on marketing by the cosmetic companies even deodorant comes in 'Whitening' not to mention the millions of baht spent on promoting YES 'Vaginal Whitening Cream' I think says it all!!!!!!!!!

What a bunch of BS.

You dont understand the difference between preferred or looked down on.

Nobody normal look down on another person because of the skin color.

The ones who has lighter skin might be happy because they have it, but they do not look down on the dark skinned because they have lighter skin color.

Put someone from CM at work in the field for a week, and they know what will happen.

Let me guess, you are recently banned or hammered by other members, so you made another profile.

Correct?

• Like 1

tyler2208...... finds the dark skinned girls ugly, to him they look dirty and uneducated. He states he not saying that they are dirty and uneducated or ugly but that is just his perception.

When PC zealots don't know some reasonable response, they start their standard bully speech: you are racist, you are a bigot, you are a "misogynist" .....

Can't you bore us with anything else?

Do you think a guy that a post quoting, folk with dark skin look ''ugly, dirty and uneducated'' should not be ''pulled up'' and shown the error of their ways...?

I wonder what description he will use for people with black skin (not tan/brown).

I dread to think...........sad.png

I dread to think...........sad.png

Well, at the Farm, the Honorary Uncle, who is very tanned from all those hours in the Sun is either referred to as Dumb Marrk ... or Khun Dumb .. depending if he's in ear shot or not.

Not a raciest comment from me.

Just being a Reporter and telling you as it happens.

OH ... BTW way does he care ... cheesy.gif

Not for a nano second.

I live in Chiang Mai where women from this area tend to have lighter skin than say ladies from Isaan who are often looked down on because of their darker colour the other factor is the full on marketing by the cosmetic companies even deodorant comes in 'Whitening' not to mention the millions of baht spent on promoting YES 'Vaginal Whitening Cream' I think says it all!!!!!!!!!

What a bunch of BS.

The ones who has lighter skin might be happy because they have it, but they do not look down on the dark skinned because they have lighter skin color.

Put someone from CM at work in the field for a week, and they know what will happen.

Let me guess, you are recently banned or hammered by other members, so you made another profile.

Correct?

Agree. Farangs in Thailand have some real issues with race and skin color. The Thais see it totally differently. Like you say, it's not a matter of "looking down" on someone, but a beauty preference thing. Again, Thais see skin color the same as they would type of nose, body type, acne, height, and/or facial features in general. It's part of determining whether a woman is attractive. A darker Thai woman can certainly be considered more attractive than a lighter skin woman if she has all the other attributes. But the ideal hottie has the full package.

What a bunch of BS.

Correct?

Agree. Farangs in Thailand have some real issues with race and skin color. The Thais see it totally differently. Like you say, it's not a matter of "looking down" on someone, but a beauty preference thing. Again, Thais see skin color the same as they would type of nose, body type, acne, height, and/or facial features in general. It's part of determining whether a woman is attractive. A darker Thai woman can certainly be considered more attractive than a lighter skin woman if she has all the other attributes. But the ideal hottie has the full package.

Spot on.

My post was a bit clear, yours crystal clear.

The reasons are:

1. Thai women grew up believing that light skin is more beautiful than dark skin.

2. Thai men prefer light skin women.

3. Thai girls idolize Japanese, Chinese, and Korean girls, they want be like them and look like them.

4. In the past, dark skin represents poor or farmer, not sure it still stands now.

So there you have it--the reason.

Thailand (Siam) was an organized society long before both the Greek and Roman Empires existed. So why are Thai people still dealing with the superficial social issues of skin-color? After nearly 3,000 years of culture developmental history, Isn't it time for Thai culture to "grow-up",........for a change? whistling.gif

I personally prefer white skinned women. Luckily my wife is naturaly white and does not need the various lotions and creams but I would support her choice to use them if she needed to. I find the dark skinned girls ugly, to me they look dirty and uneducated. I am not saying that they are dirty and uneducated or ugly but that is just my perception, after all "beauty is in the eye of the beholder'" as so many keep saying here. In many ways its true, just look all over Thailand at some of the ugly farangs dating ugly dark skinned farm girls, just goes to show you that there really is someone for everyone, but it is going to take a lot more than some pc lefty liberal farangs to convince Thailand and SE Asia in general that dark skin is now beautiful just because those particular farangs have ended up with dark skinned women themselves. I personally believe that not as many farangs like the dark skinned types as much as they claim, I persnally think it is more about that alot of farangs just end up settling for what they can get here rather than end up with the type of girl that they would really like, hence so many farangs in Thailand dating or married to ugly dark skinned low educated rice famer ex bar girl types, yet these same farangs seem to then try very hard to convince everyone else that those girls are anything but... and these thai women know that they are ugly and unattractive to the masses and therefore try various methods to look better. I get so sick and tired of Thai people asking me why farangs like ugly dark skinned women, I have been bombarded with this question since a I was young (i grew up here) and I always tell them that farangs dont prefer dark skin. It is just the farangs they see in thailand that seem to end up with these women because 9 times out of 10 that is all that is available to the avaerage farang here. If all farang prefer dark skin then why is it that in places in europe such as london etc where there are lots of dark skinned women to choose from, do most white men end up dating white women? if the whole "farang prefer dark skin" thing was really true then you would see a lot more inter-racial dating in places such as the uk. I think if suddenly the white skinned beautiful thai girls started working in gogo bars or started showing more interest in farangs in general, then we would soon see the scales start to tip in that direction. There are white skinned thai women that are willing to date farangs here, but they are more in the minority, they know they are attractive ( to asian men too and not just farang!) they often have better education and better jobs and come from middle class families where financial support is not needed, so these girls can afford to be more selective/choosy about who they date, which in turn puts a lot of farang men off, because the girl is not easy to get into bed or is not telling him how hansum he is every five minutes, so farangs like to call these women snobs and try and covince everyone that the dark skinned counterparts are much more attractive and down to earth, just because you dont see many white skinned well educated thai women dating farangs does not make them snobs! The funniest thing of all is the farangs here that go on about "brainwashing" etc etc just because a nation of people have a certain perception of what is attractive and whats not. It is often these same farangs that are brainwashed before they arrive here that all thai women want a farang bf or husband and any thai women who does not show them any intersted must be some hi-so snob. So if Thai women want to use whatever methods they see fit to try and lighten their skin, then I say good luck to them and I think their husbands bf should support them! after all I bet if these same women started gaining 30kgs in weight there farang husbands would be force feeding them all sorts of weight loss polls and potions! Maybe these dark skin defending farangs are scared of their wives or gf becoming more attractive to a larger audiance and actually having the opportunity to end up with the type of man she wanted all along...

Have you heard of an English composition phenomenon know as Topic Paragraphing. Try it. People would be more inclined to read "everything" you you're trying to communicate, assuming that you're not trying to become an audience of one (yourself), just using this forum as a sounding board, to ventilate.

FYI ~ most white Asian (Chinese) women are taught to believe that most white people are "stupid barbarians" with superior military power, wai2.gif They will do business with, but are "forbidden" to marry you. So, when you see a Chinese woman married to a white man, rest assured that he is either bringing some serious money into her "family realm", or she is a real loser among her own people, with no place else to go.

Meanwhile, consider returning to your home country, where you can get some professional help,.....sir! You are in serious need of a reality check! whistling.gif

I have to agree with the whole paragraph thing, I couldn't even be bothered to take it on.

As for Chinese Women, I know a few and they say, that the whiter the skin shows that you work indoors. Work indoors such as office work, pay significantly higher than work outside (working in the paddy fields) and as such when people see their white skin, they think "she must be an indoor girl, hence she has money".

Attractration in Asian isn't about symmetry of face, its about zeros in your bank account. Whore the lots of them, my dear old Dad, would say. But just as women want to marry wealthy Men, Men also want a woman to come from wealth too. After all, why should his family pay for everything. The whitening of the face is but the first rung of the ladder.

True enoughclap2.gif

What a jerk. Okay you don't like light skinned Asian women but don't go insulting them. They are beautiful and wayyyy better than you! And that saying is stupid and lame, it only applies to ignorant fools who connect skin color with how a woman tastes. Good grief, get a life.

It is not obvious who your post is directed at? You might want to use the quote function.

The reasons are:

1. Thai women grew up believing that light skin is more beautiful than dark skin.

2. Thai men prefer light skin women.

3. Thai girls idolize Japanese, Chinese, and Korean girls, they want be like them and look like them.

4. In the past, dark skin represents poor or farmer, not sure it still stands now.

So there you have it--the reason.

Thailand (Siam) was an organized society long before both the Greek and Roman Empires existed. So why are Thai people still dealing with the superficial social issues of skin-color? After nearly 3,000 years of culture developmental history, Isn't it time for Thai culture to "grow-up",........for a change? whistling.gif

Geez, you can't be that naive. EVERY SOCIETY is still dealing with skin-color. At least in Thailand, it's not about something evil or hateful. And it certainly has nothing to do with racism. It's simply about one aspect of feminine beauty.

Amen to that clap2.gif

Yep, it is a woman thing, and it's too complicated for men to comprehend.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

we understand perfectly. the fact that you are willing to risk skin disease or perhaps cancer chasing it is not that complicated. silly, but not complicated.

Agree. thumbsup.gif

I wonder if blokes who talk about ladies skin ever thought what they look like to the ladies..........whistling.gif

thats easy; " Melonoma free"

Agree. thumbsup.gif

I wonder if blokes who talk about ladies skin ever thought what they look like to the ladies..........whistling.gif

Ya they do. Thai women love to pop pimples. It is like a sport for them. They pop their own in the rear view mirror of motorbikes or anyone else. I sometimes wonder why they use anti pimple cream when they love to play with pimples so much.

Agree. thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

I wonder if blokes who talk about ladies skin ever thought what they look like to the ladies..........xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

we understand perfectly. the fact that you are willing to risk skin disease or perhaps cancer chasing it is not that complicated. silly, but not complicated.

No, only a small percentage that would do that. Don't you think It is the same with men who inject steriod hormones to their body, so they can look big and more muscular.

Agree. thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

I wonder if blokes who talk about ladies skin ever thought what they look like to the ladies..........xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

Ya they do. Thai women love to pop pimples. It is like a sport for them. They pop their own in the rear view mirror of motorbikes or anyone else. I sometimes wonder why they use anti pimple cream when they love to play with pimples so much.

It's complicated, lol. I suggest you ask them when you see them pop their pimples next time.

So why don't you tell all those farang women tanning themselves?

feel free to let us all know how you know I dont

A fattie in the West doesn't get much attention from men.

A brown girl in Thailand doesn't get much attention from men.

Nothing wrong with fatties or brown girls. You are free to love them as much you like.

But don't attack and reeducate people who have different tastes than you. We don't need PC zealots.

it is men too and people in each culture are just chasing what is expected and "in"....