Transportation to Nong Nooch Botannical Gardens

praglen

I'm finally getting around to enjoying some of the local sights. According to various maps, including the front page of the Garden's own brochure, the Gardens are either along Sukhumvit Road about 5-10 km from Theprasit Road or a few km east of Sukhumvit. If it's along Sukhumvit, we should be able to catch a Song Taew in either direction. If it's east of Sukhumvit, what's the cheapest way in and out?

Jump on a white Baht bus on Sukhumvit road going south. Nong Nooch is (my guess) about 12-14 km from Theprasit. Fare is 20 Baht.

When you see the (under construction) water park on the right, the road to Nong Nooch is about another 1.5 km ahead on the left.

From Sukhumvit road to Nong Nooch is about another 3 km to the east, so you will need to take a motocy taxi or tuk-tuk. There is usually one or more of these hanging around under the massive Nong Nooch sign.

I don't know the cost of the motocy taxi - you will need to negotiate.

Entrance fee to Nong Nooch is (or was, last time I was there) 400 Baht for foreigners, including the elephant show and culture show. Showing a Thai drivers licence can get you the Thai resident price of 200 Baht.

Or, take a look at this website http://www.hotels2thailand.com/pattaya-show-event/nongnooch-village-pattaya.asp for pre-booking prices with the option of inclusive transport (just over 600 Baht all-in).

I have used this company to buy tickets, but never for transport - so I can't comment on that part of their service.

Edited by chickenslegs

Motor cycle taxi from Sukhumvit road would be the cheapest and yes it's east of Suk.

It's very nice out there, we go about 4 times a year but we got own wheels so easy for us.

Forget the motorbike taxi along Sukhumvit, unless you want to treat that as a roller-coaster ride. The white song-taew is far the simplest solution.

Veering off-topic, but going to Nong Nooch on a rented motorbike along Sukhumvit will mean going past the NaJomtien police box at the end of the Huay Yai road, conveniently located opposite the Pattaya Prosecutor's Office, and a probable fine of 200 baht or more for any number of reasons (wrong or no ID, wrong or no driving licence, taking a Pattaya-rental motorbike outside Pattaya city limits, because it's raining, because its not raining, etc). Not a great start to the day, and not recommended.

• Like 1