Pattaya Fireworks Festival - where?

bubu

Be advised that along the beach walk from about soi 12 up past Pattaya central rd you cannot walk on the beach or the beach walk .

It is completely blocked off. This forces everyone going from A to B to walk in the traffic lane As far as safety, these folks are not playing with a full deck.

You can walk on the beach and on the sidewalk and on the street as it is closed to traffic at 3:00pm.

Anyone please tell me if they enjoyed the fireworks between 9.15 and 10 pm on Saturday night, or if there actually was any firework at all.

I specially made the trip to Pattaya through horrible traffic to take my son to the fireworks, but I didn't see any, or they must have held it at ground level so that it wasn't visible from a distance of more than 10 meter.

I left at 10pm.

Fireworks were very enjoyable. I did not expect much and was pleasantly surprised.

They were truly fantastic

Ok, we have now 2 commitments that the fireworks were fantastic.

Now anyone can explain why I didn't see any fireworks during the set time between 9.15 and 10 pm from a location at the backside of the Dusit, where I could overlook beach road.

I would say a good spot to watch from would be the rooftop bar at the Hilton, but good luck with getting in there!

I think the official website mentions that they will 'close' Beach Road from 3PM onwards so with all the traffic forced onto Second and Third and the subsequent double-parking and the hundreds of tour buses that ferry the real tourists between hotels, restaurants and ladyboy shows....

The journey from Pattaya Nua to Jomtien last afternoon took 1 hour 15 minutes. Stop start all the way. Nobody around me switched their engines off when coming to a halt. The waste of fuel must have been enormous.

Would some Mastermind in City Hall or wherever connected brain and stage these extravaganzas out of town so that everybody is not inconvenienced or the air polluted with petrol and diesel fumes? The Thai response was as one might expect. everybody pushing and jostling with total disregard for other road users. It seems that Thainess includes the inability to exercise any forethought.

You could argue though that it doesn't show much forethought to even think of bringing a vehicle to an event like thisgiggle.gif

would it have been so difficult to slum it for once and get public transport?.rolleyes.gif

I would say a good spot to watch from would be the rooftop bar at the Hilton, but good luck with getting in there!

I think the official website mentions that they will 'close' Beach Road from 3PM onwards so with all the traffic forced onto Second and Third and the subsequent double-parking and the hundreds of tour buses that ferry the real tourists between hotels, restaurants and ladyboy shows....

The journey from Pattaya Nua to Jomtien last afternoon took 1 hour 15 minutes. Stop start all the way. Nobody around me switched their engines off when coming to a halt. The waste of fuel must have been enormous.

Would some Mastermind in City Hall or wherever connected brain and stage these extravaganzas out of town so that everybody is not inconvenienced or the air polluted with petrol and diesel fumes? The Thai response was as one might expect. everybody pushing and jostling with total disregard for other road users. It seems that Thainess includes the inability to exercise any forethought.

You could argue though that it doesn't show much forethought to even think of bringing a vehicle to an event like thisgiggle.gif

would it have been so difficult to slum it for once and get public transport?.rolleyes.gif

Does public transport in Pattaya use helicopters these days or are they prone to the same traffic issues Bagwan had because they use the exact same road?

• Like 1

Fireworks were very enjoyable. I did not expect much and was pleasantly surprised.

Now anyone can explain why I didn't see any fireworks during the set time between 9.15 and 10 pm from a location at the backside of the Dusit, where I could overlook beach road.

Saturday started later for whatever reason.

This not a country big on exact times.

• Like 1

Thanks for the confirmation, it is another example why this country will never exit the third world status.

Strange also that the previous posters, who enjoyed the firework that much, weren't able to answer my simple question.

• Like 2

Maybe they were slightly drunk as I was and was not checking the time, why should I, I had funny times with some friends.

Took a taxi motorbike home in the early morning, traffic completely blocked all the way from 2nd road up to Sukhumvit road but the taxi driver knew all the short cuts so I got home quickly.

Thanks for the confirmation, it is another example why this country will never exit the third world status.

Strange also that the previous posters, who enjoyed the firework that much, weren't able to answer my simple question.

You are most welcome!

Nature of the beast i am afraid to say.

This is not a warm and fuzzy board, again for whatever reason!

(i think i know but will get in trouble if i say)

Thank goodness it is not this bad everywhere!!!

These are very hard nuts to crack.

I gave up caring much a long time ago.

I cant tell you how many times i asked and was ignored only to find someone else ask and get an answer!!!

I better stop now before i put someones panties in a bunch.

Now back on topic:

not a heck of a lot of bins if any and any porta-potties?????

Wonderful stench of urine around soi 8, rest stop?

mini rant over

• Like 1

Started at 10.15pm and finished at 11pm. Watched it from the top of the Hilton and it was one fantastic show. Sorry you missed it.

I don't care so much about the fireworks, but i would have loved it if my son had the opportunity to enjoy it.

For him it was quite a dumper as he had seen no fireworks and when we returned home it was time to sleep for him and too late to watch tv .

I don't live in Pattaya, so we had to travel there through heavy traffic, then find a parking spot, then return again through the same traffic. Took almost 2 hours all together.

Why they even bother to issue a program schedule ?

Edited by PeterSmiles

Begs the Q why didn't you just wait and hold out or go to the VIP section and ask when it would being or something?

That I didn't think about that.

Walking through the masses for few kilometers to find someone who is in charge of the event, and then also hope that he knows anything more than what he had for dinner.

Isn't that the purpose of a time schedule, that people are informed about the start and finish of the event ? If I had known that it would start only after 10pm,which is 1 hour later than on the schedule, I wouldn't even have bothered to travel there as that would mean coming home after midnight, which is not the right time for a child to go sleep.

The firework started 5 minutes past 10 pm . We waited for at least 3 hours together with a big crowd at Central Festival . Had a great view from the terrace , the firework display lasted for about 45 minutes and it was very nice , one of the best I've seen .

Here's some of my shots from the North end of Pattaya Beach.

These were on the first day of fireworks, the second day we actually left early as we felt this year's show just didn't have the same feeling as previous ones here in Pattaya. It was still good, but nothing like the synchronised fireworks and music show maybe 2 or 3 years ago.

Its a shame the Walking Street TV couldn't have been dimmed for the 2 days, not that big an issue though. Like the heart shaped fireworks, but my shots are a bit lackluster.

post-105888-0-89127500-1386038096_thumb.

post-105888-0-38621900-1386038203_thumb.

post-105888-0-93014900-1386038207_thumb.

post-105888-0-79606800-1386038255_thumb.

post-105888-0-39813700-1386038268_thumb.

post-105888-0-05790000-1386038271_thumb.

Edited by seefah
  • Like 1