American Embassy Income Letter

If read it correctly he said copies. You have originals and copies with you if asked for give them copies and show originals if needed.

I don't intend to do nearly all of my banking in Thailand. I will be still having all of my income deposited into US banks and then I will transfer what I need to Thailand.

If I transfer, say, 100,000 baht per month into a Thai bank, will a letter from them do, or do I need it from the income source in the US?

You need a letter of income issued by your embassy.

Yes I know, but the conversation went to some immigration officers wanting proof beyond the embassy letter. All of my income will always go into US banks. I was wondering if a bank book signed by a Thai bank would do it from monthly deposits, or if I would need proof from the source in the US. (If that happened at Thai immigration.)

Thanks.

I have heard that because the American embassies will issue the affidavit without proof, that sometimes Thai immigration requires proof. Is that true?

If so and you are in Thailand and your bank(s) are in the US, what proof do you need? Are statement printouts from your computer sufficient, or do you need a letter from your US bank and statement copies?

Thanks

No and I have never met someone who was asked. I have been doing the US letter for several years. But I do take my proof with me just in case. Copies of my social security statement, Army retired pay statement and my VA disability benefits statement along with all my Thai Bank books. They can ask for [roof from any one and just not Americans.

do you use copies or ORIGINALS of your statements? such an ez ? yet so hard to get an answer..........lol.

I bring the originals but never had to use them. One is mailed to me the other two I get on-line and print it out.