British Invasion 2013-2014

homeownership

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most UK residents I know have already done Thailand.

They don't wish too re-visit.

Caribbean,Cuba,Venezuala,Taiwan,are de-riguer.

They are also thinking,Myanmar,in a couple of years,in the future.

Thailand has had its day.

Oh i really wish i could visit jamaica. The thing is i like dancehall and i wish i could hear an artist perform in the garrison. Suicide i know since i am not a ghetto yute.

You can't beat Torquay!

Prefer Blackpool myself, at least I can can proper beer, none of your fizzy southern man shandy.

That's somewhere in the north, no?

Seaside destinations and the north of anywhere have never computed in my simple mind.

What a ridiculous OP.

FYI, it's spelled Gibraltar, and it is a promontory, not an island. Most dumb of all is your inability to see that Thailand is already a popular destination and has been so for a long time.

The rest of the post is equally pointless, but if you really believe Brits do things on recommendation (pure drivel).... I'll PM you a few if I find time... whistling.gif

On the other hand, perhaps your thread could run quite high in the ratings for one of the most stupid, so all is not lost.

Please speak to your nurse and get the medication adjusted, and ask her to check the lock on your door.

coffee1.gif

I think the OP makes some very valid points. The the Caribbean and Thailand could well see a significant bump in

the numbers from Brittan. Nothing compared to the numbers from Russia and China but significant percentage

increase from their numbers of last few years.

You can't beat Torquay!

Accrington Stanley did only last Saturday. Torquay currently occupy one of the two relegation slots in Division Two. The Conference beckons.

Please don't mention this. Alan Knill out.

As for the OP , more nonsense from one of TVs established Trols. Brits are not flocking into Thailand, prices are still high and there is huge political instability, the pound is still weak and the economy is crap.

Brits will always visit traditional places like The US, Greece, Spain and Portugal. I'm in Aus at the moment and it is full of Brits on holiday. Where I live in Thailand we are seeing mainly Russians and Scandinavians, don't expect that to change.

Am I to take it that you actually believe that there will be an increase in British tourists because of the points stated in the OP?

If it is an advertising strategy directed at people thinking of coming here, tell them the truth. Your flight prices are arse about face...............wink.png

(at least that is what I used to find, Summer low season in Thailand, Winter high)

"If your lucky enough to get a seat on a plan in Summer, you can be looking at over £850 pp and £599 in Winter"

Of course, I may be wrong booking from UK.................

Hi, it's much cheaper than what you mention --- now it's high season and I see price around 500 euro return to Bkk from Italy. Maybe you should try getting around your cookies on the comp. Do the same flight check in incognito and you'll probably find totally different results. Just a suggestion

Presumably the OP was either drunk or a flight salesman as I don't think I've read more tosh in one posting on here ever !

Check the OPs posting history, you might want to change that opinion , this might be tosh, but he's posted worse

The Americans term it, the "British Invasion" ...

That term was used during the 50's and 60's in reference to the Beatles, the Rolling Stone, the Who, et al and their impact on the US music industry. It had nothing to do with the unwashed masses of baked-beans-on-toast bargain seeking tourists.

Indeed, it's sad so many poor people have the audacity to imagine they can vacation in previously elitist and exotic destinations. Why can't they just go where they belong, Brit's to....Blackpool, Margate, or for the slightly more wealthy a trip over water to The Isle of Wight.

American Riff-Raff should stick to Coney Island or Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom, where they can graze endlessly on all the carb's they can find.

It's bad enough having to endure hour upon hour of regional accents when I and the 'little woman' are trying to enjoy a mid-day Pimms or Daiquiri cocktail but damn it all if these same, unwashed masses haven't forced themselves upon us in the Golf Clubs too.

Whatever next ? Membership to The Bilderberg Club !

• Like 1

You can't beat Torquay!

Prefer Blackpool myself, at least I can can proper beer, none of your fizzy southern man shandy.

That's somewhere in the north, no?

Seaside destinations and the north of anywhere have never computed in my simple mind.

Can I get a decent pint of "Boddies" or John Smiths down south?

Personally always have had a soft spot for Newquay, but thats another story.

I was in Newquay recently. Very disappointing. Took tea in Lynmouth that afternoon, I find Devon far nicer than Cornwall.

I trust that was Devon tea you had.

Was the cream on top of the jam or vice versa?

I had the innards of a pasty, avoiding the pastry and a sugarless cuppa. It was my only day off for around two and half years and it rained.

I was in Newquay recently. Very disappointing. Took tea in Lynmouth that afternoon, I find Devon far nicer than Cornwall.

Newquay is a shit hole. You need to go further West, to see real Cornwall. I agree though North Devon is also a beautiful part, but using Newquay to compare against Lynmouth as an example is a poor one.

• Like 1

Newquay is a shit hole. You need to go further West, to see real Cornwall. I agree though North Devon is also a beautiful part, but using Newquay to compare against Lynmouth as an example is a poor one.

I will head further West next time. I just find Cornwall a bit barren, I'll spend more time there. A day on the A39 popping into the various coves on the way is just the best day out. None of it's far from good old Weston-super-Mare in any case. Although it is a long way from Roi-Et . . . sadly.

I took this picture at Appledore that day, where I spent childhood summers living in Irsha Street.

10711965166_681b068d83_b.jpg

Edited by MJP

I will head further West next time. I just find Cornwall a bit barren, I'll spend more time there. A day on the A39 popping into the various coves on the way is just the best day out. None of it's far from good old Weston-super-Mare in any case. Although it is a long way from Roi-Et . . . sadly.

I took this picture at Appledore that day, where I spent childhood summers living in Irsha Street.

10711965166_681b068d83_b.jpg

I quite liked Fowey

Clovelly, a bit tough on the thighs but well worth it! Padstow yes.

Looked at a house in Bideford recently, tempted.

in 1983, i went to britain with english friends that were interested in ports. we drove 3500 miles along the shorelines of england and scotland. fantastic trip.

in 1983, i went to britain with english friends that were interested in ports. we drove 3500 miles along the shorelines of england and scotland. fantastic trip.

I live near Minehead.

You know Britain is a wonderful place, it's just when I'm there I never get the time to actually enjoy it.

I live near Minehead.

You know Britain is a wonderful place, it's just when I'm there I never get the time to actually enjoy it.

i stayed at a lovely B&B in minehead. we have a cousin in taunton married to a farang. he's a stonemason specializing in heritage homes

The Americans term it, the "British Invasion" ...

That term was used during the 50's and 60's in reference to the Beatles, the Rolling Stone, the Who, et al and their impact on the US music industry. It had nothing to do with the unwashed masses of baked-beans-on-toast bargain seeking tourists.

Nearly right, but in fact the 'British Invasion' in the music world was a mid-1960s event - 1950s ? - you must be a young person, that is way too early in the history of pop and rock, at which point in time all the influence was the OTHER way round, from the US to the UK via the importing of vinyl.