Vehicle tracker.

jonnx

Hi all,

I am looking for a GPS tracker for my car.

So far the one's that I have been shown look cheap Chinese models,with short battery life,for about 2000 baht.

I don't want to hardwire it into the vehicle,so I can take it out and use it where I want.

Does anyone know of a store in Bangkok or the surrounding area that may have what i'm looking for?

Many thanks.

Don't know if it's any help,but tukcom in pattaya has a few security type shops there,that I think sell trackers.

Have you tried panthip plaza in Bangkok?

MBK has a few shops on the 4th floor mixed amongst the mobile phone shops,that might have what you want.

Good luck.

^ The OP is looking for "a GPS tracker for my car".

Most smartphones have basic GPS.

The OP wants something that isn't hard-wired and can move it between vehicles.

A smartphone usually has at least a day of battery life and they can be plugged into... a charger!

Oh wait... you haven't suggested ANYTHING.

Edited by NanLaew

• 8 months later...
Once again, you have to define what you mean by GPS Tracker. Permanent or temporary, remote data access or direct download.

In my (much earlier) post #3, I referred the OP to an android app that uses the GPS in a smartphone and uploads tracks to your account where one can either observe/share them in (near) real time or whenever convenient. Otherwise there's loads of different gadgets ranging from 50 bucks to several hundred bucks depending on being fixed versus portable, fixed discrete or accessible, secure or unsecure, commercial or personal use.

Hello,

Use your smartphone then.

Thank you for being more specific.

How does that work if she and the car are separated?

Don't ask me, ask her.

Asking, "Anybody has bought a GPS tracker for his car lately ?..." is akin to asking, "Has anyone bought software for their computer lately ?"

There are computers and wildly different types of software, Similarly, there are cars and wildly different types of GPS tracker.

The answer, "A car GPS tracker means only 1 thing and it's a device that tells you where is your car anytime anywhere in the world." is blessed ignorance. She could get the top-of-the-line GPS tracker installed but without being specific about how exactly it "tells you where is your car" then there's not much assistance can be offered. The GPS 'tracker' is a device that simply acquires data but one needs to define exactly how, when and where you want to access this data.

Pretty much like saying I have an expensive watch that I know keeps real good time... but I left it on the nightstand this morning so right now, I haven't a clue what the time is.

PS. I know what car GPS tracker I have (and the time).

Hello,

Any smart person hides enough trackers in a car to make sure that none of the monkeys who could steal the car could even think that there was more than 1 tracker.

And to our rocket scientist: anybody knows that when talking about a car GPS tracker it means a device to know where is your car real time or that send you details when you send a SMS to the tracker.

Hello,

Any smart person hides enough trackers in a car to make sure that none of the monkeys who could steal the car could even think that there was more than 1 tracker.

And to our rocket scientist: anybody knows that when talking about a car GPS tracker it means a device to know where is your car real time or that send you details when you send a SMS to the tracker.

Glad to see that you have finally done some research and somewhat belatedly come up with the TYPE of GPS tracker you need.

Now, off to the shops with you.

But don't forget to check out GSM signal jammers or even the GSM coverage maps where your multi-GPS tracked and therefore theft-proof car spends most of the time.

(bloody smart some of these monkeys. some of them have been up in space on rockets too)

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

Hello,

Don't ask me, ask her.

Asking, "Anybody has bought a GPS tracker for his car lately ?..." is akin to asking, "Has anyone bought software for their computer lately ?"

There are computers and wildly different types of software, Similarly, there are cars and wildly different types of GPS tracker.

The answer, "A car GPS tracker means only 1 thing and it's a device that tells you where is your car anytime anywhere in the world." is blessed ignorance. She could get the top-of-the-line GPS tracker installed but without being specific about how exactly it "tells you where is your car" then there's not much assistance can be offered. The GPS 'tracker' is a device that simply acquires data but one needs to define exactly how, when and where you want to access this data.

Pretty much like saying I have an expensive watch that I know keeps real good time... but I left it on the nightstand this morning so right now, I haven't a clue what the time is.

PS. I know what car GPS tracker I have (and the time).

I think you are being obnoxious.

Hello,

A car GPS tracker means only 1 thing and it's a device that tells you where is your car anytime anywhere in the world.

Thank you for your reply.

If you are looking for an inexpensive solution, without the need for a monthly subscription, try one of these.
They're about 2,000 baht. Worachak Market has plenty of vendors with them. Buy an external power supply as well, so you don't have to remove the tracker every couple of days to recharge it. When asked, it will SMS co ordinates to your phone which you can use on Google Maps to check where the vehicle is.(As long as the unit can pick up phone signals)
You will need to buy a SIM card for it.
It's not perfect, but very efficient considering the cost.
[attachment=277694:photo 1.JPG][attachment=277695:photo 2.JPG][attachment=277696:photo 3.JPG]

Hello,

In defense of the rocket scientist there are different trackers for purposes and you did not previously state what type you are looking for or for what purpose.

There are trackers that can be placed under the car so you can later retrieve the tracker and download the info.

There are trackers like you mentioned that can send the cords when you send a sms. there are trackers that will automatically send a sms when the car stops for a certain period of time.

There are trackers that are hardwired that continuously broadcast the cars location to a service provider that in turn gives you access to the information over the internet.

• 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/16/2020 at 4:33 PM, rech said:

Cheap smartphone + 20000 mha powerbank to charge once a week, it has been working perfectly for years.

Cool bonus for the thief !!

I use a tracker that plugs into the OBDII port.

Can track my car from either an app on my phone or my PC.

If the tracker is removed from the OBDII port it send me an alert and the built in battery keep its alive for 6 hours.

SinoTrack ST-902.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1