Abhisit calls on government to accept responsibility

webfact

POLITICS
Abhisit calls on government to accept responsibility

BANGKOK: -- Opposition Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva on Monday called for Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and Pheu Thai Party to take responsibility for the ongoing protests.

He said the high number of people gathering at Rajdamnoen is a significant expression of Thai society who want to see a change.

"It's a pity that we do not see how the PM and the government will respond to the call. They just repeatedly say 'please sit and talk'," Abhisit said.

He added the march across Bangkok by the antigovernment protesters won't affect the censure debate scheduled on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The opposition party, who has prepared more than 20 MPs for the debate, is ready to expose the government's corruption scandals, he said.

The opposition has submitted noconfidence motion against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and Interior Minister Charupong Ruangsuwan.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-25

Is she really going to turn up for the censure? Mark will likely give her such a roasting tomorrow, her best tactic may be to not attend, and save whatever face left she has left (which isn't much!).

Mongoose vs cobra comes to mind.

• Like 1

As much as i depise Yingluck and the clan ,shouldnt Mark respect the the voting public they didnt vote for him or his party ?

Actually they did. He is an elected MP. In addition, the PT did not get the majority vote. They did get the most electoral votes though.

That was then and this is now. It would certainly be interesting to see how many seats PT would lose in a snap election tomorrow. However, it doesn't seem to be headed that way at the moment.

I think Yingluck should offer the protesters a dissolution in 9 months. Abhisit thought the UDD should've been happy with that, so he'd be hypocritical to accept less now.

Perhaps they'd be happier if there was a signed declaration by all 310 members of Parliament who voted for (or borrowed their friends' I.D. cards to vote for) the amnesty bill that it will not resurface in 5-6 months from now, or ever again.

"He said the high number of people gathering at Rajdamnoen is a significant expression of Thai society who want to see a change.

"It's a pity that we do not see how the PM and the government will respond to the call. They just repeatedly say 'please sit and talk'," Abhisit said."

How about when 100K reds were camped at Phan Fa? What was that an expression of? & what did you do? shut down their media & send the troops in!

• Like 1

Is she really going to turn up for the censure? Mark will likely give her such a roasting tomorrow, her best tactic may be to not attend, and save whatever face left she has left (which isn't much!).

it which or witch face?

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

As much as i depise Yingluck and the clan ,shouldnt Mark respect the the voting public they didnt vote for him or his party ?

Actually they did. He is an elected MP. In addition, the PT did not get the majority vote. They did get the most electoral votes though.

That was then and this is now. It would certainly be interesting to see how many seats PT would lose in a snap election tomorrow. However, it doesn't seem to be headed that way at the moment.

r answer sir is NONE

'Mark' has got a dam_n cheek. Yingluck isnt responsible for these anti democratic demonstrations - his own deputy, that thug Suthep Thaugsuban is responsible.  

Very sorry but, if the PTP  hadn't tried to subvert almost everything legal in this country to suit their own ends, and only their ends, this situation would not be happening.

She's supposed to be in charge of the PTP, so it is her ultimate responsibility, unless she wants to kick it upstairs to her brother.

That is everything legal according to the deeply undemocratic 2007 constitution which gave undemocratic powers to unelected bodies such as the constitutional court that by their very nature are staffed by the ruling elite. and established a senate that the political parties are precluded from standing in, and which has a significant percentage of its members appointed by the ruling elite. That's the REAL issue here: who runs Thailand? The elected government or the myriad QANGO's established under constitution railroaded through by the military backed, unelected Sulayut government

ASEAN

"They did get the most electoral votes though"

And by doing so got the majority of seats required to form a government which abhisits party is seeking to unseat through extra - parliamentary means through their sponsorship (and active support on stage) of the protests. Not much of a moral barricade there to hide behind, I feel. The Government should feel responsible - khun mark logic at its highest level?

All after the Dems amended the constitution (Yes it is possible if you are on the right side of the courts) regarding the constituencies to blatantly favour themselves.

"Sombat Thamrongth-anyawong, the president of the National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA), who had long shared the political outlook of the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD), chaired the amendment committee. Most of his fellow academic committee members operated based on a similar outlook, while some of them had long been connected to the Democrat Party, and sat on the CDC in 2007 (SomkhitLertpaithoon, Nakharin Mektrairat, Woothisarn Tanjai; the latter was also the secretary of the committee)." Thailand's Election of July 3, 2011: An Overview by Michael H. Nelson

Is she really going to turn up for the censure? Mark will likely give her such a roasting tomorrow, her best tactic may be to not attend, and save whatever face left she has left (which isn't much!).

Well she can always utilise the other one.

This is rich... ""It's a pity that we do not see how the PM and the government will respond to the call. They just repeatedly say 'please sit and talk'," Abhisit said." His advice: "Yeah lady, act like ya gotta a pair. Shoot a good number of them. I can give you the numbers of the guys that can do it, have a proven track record."

"He said the high number of people gathering at Rajdamnoen is a significant expression of Thai society who want to see a change.

"It's a pity that we do not see how the PM and the government will respond to the call. They just repeatedly say 'please sit and talk'," Abhisit said."

How about when 100K reds were camped at Phan Fa? What was that an expression of? & what did you do? shut down their media & send the troops in!

The main difference being the REtarD rioters in 2010 were being horribly violent and doing all kinds of bad things. Also, they were trying to out the Democrats who were actually trying to run the country unlike the current regime who are trying to help big brother maniac rather than do anything actually useful, they have had 2.5 years and repeatedly disappointed, they are terrible and ruining the country's economy ! Apples and oranges, you can't compare. Try seeing through the Red Shirt brainwashing to what is really going on....

• Like 2

"They did get the most electoral votes though"

And by doing so got the majority of seats required to form a government which abhisits party is seeking to unseat through extra - parliamentary means through their sponsorship (and active support on stage) of the protests. Not much of a moral barricade there to hide behind, I feel. The Government should feel responsible - khun mark logic at its highest level?

I find it totally mystifying when all these bogus claims of "democratically elected" party keep surfacing when no reference to or acknowledgment of (rampant) vote buying was in play.

Then to add insult to injury we have all the red/PTP sympathizers claiming that Abhisit & Co were complicit in the murder of innocent civilians. Some were innocents and some not but Abhisit hasn't got blood on his hands. He simply did his job,.. albeit rather sloppilly and took too long despite the lack of support from his police "force" at the time.

PTP should have been removed from the ballot bill prior to the election as a rogue party headed by the sister of the nation's #1 public enemy and convicted criminal. If not removed from ballot then YL & co being impeached many moons ago. This type of thing (i.e the May 2010 fiasco through to PTP shenanigens) could only happen in Thailand. The mind boggles at the incredulity of it all.

If all the BS and double standards from the "Democratically elected" brigade could stop that would be nice!

They asked for an election and got it, but then said "just kidding, we would rather burn bangkok".

• Like 1

Like the rest of the red shirts, you do not seem to understand the democratic process. Abhisit is following the proper democratic process.