I killed a soi dog - now I'm being blackmailed

drrobert77

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dude you did the soi a great favour-You are most welcome to come to my area and runover as many as you like-no regrets.Call her bluff and say that it was an accident and take her to the police and tell them the blackmail story.I have had good luchk with the police-I had a biig fight with the neighboutr over his constantly yapping dog and he attacked me and the police collected Baht 1000 off him for me.Dont be such a wimp=that dangerous dog had to go and you did it-so you are a hero.Never mind what the meat and blood suckinh people around you say-let them stop eating their bones and flleash if they are really Buddhist and really care for animals.She should be charged for having her dangerous dog run wild in the Soi-maybe you can get testimony from the earlier victims and take them to the police as well.Cheers mate,you did well.

Yeah, I think the policeman might take less.

I particularly like the idea of a counter claim regarding killed cats.

We had a similar dog in my street, chased me on my bike quite a few times.

A Thai guy down the road had his kids harassed, he went inside, came out armed and shot the dog dead!

The lady owner was very upset, but took it no further.

The guy was a policeman!

How would you know that the Soi dog wasn't mine? You should make a merit and give all your belongings to a temple. You and a dog lover?

Guess you know that the Buddhism clearly says not to kill. And I'm so glad that I never run over a dog in 11 years when driving

If all foreigners here start to destroy what they don't like. Aeeh forget it.-coffee1.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

Nobody see you drive over the dog so you you are ok,that women and anyone may suspect that you killed the mongrel dog,but cant prove it .Go to the cops and deny that you know anything about it .(but you must stick to the story) and tell the cops what the people are saying.if not you better move from that town for your own safety.

Wow, if this is a troll thread, it is a good one. It has everyone talking. In my mind, I cannot understand why your wife is upset at you. You have rid the soi of a danger and nuisance. She should be giving you hot tea and a foot massage for Christ's sake. A bad dog is a bane to entire community. I can't believe everyone on the soi isn't glad to have it gone, whether they know you were involved or not. I would have your wife invite the woman over and have her repeat in front of the local Police Captain what she wants from you. Of course, you have to go to the Captain with your wife first and make a contribution to his station and orphanage fund. Most likely, if you get an officer enrolled in your cause, he will ask both parties to present to his station office. As he would not venture out to a soi for such a negligible matter. When the rotten woman finds she is going to the police box and you want her to tell the police what she told you, she will probably want nothing to do with you anymore. I would further tell her that if she shows her face or your wife gets wind of her foul mouth running on about you or your family that you intend to pursue compensation for your 2 cats and revisiting blackmail charges. When she came to your house and first spoke to your wife, tell her you have a recording of the entire conversation as well. Don't admit to any wrong doing what so ever. You are the aggrieved party here. Act outraged and defiant. I would extract my equivalent of a pound of flesh from this witch. That's how it works. Make sure you enlist the help of the authorities to repel and beat back this foul woman. Good luck. Cheers

The dog didn't have a regular collar just some rope tied around its neck. Plus, the sister of the woman who wants 20k, like I said, is a neighbor of ours and she has never in more than 3 years mentioned even once that her sister owns this dog

We have had dogs like this on some of the sois I have lived at and usually the companies that manage the Soi can remove the dogs. If the dog is being threatening and attacking people and the Soi won't get rid of it, to protect your yourself, neighbours and your family I would have done a similar thing. However to play devils advocate there is the issue of the rope around its neck, however tatty, it must have been put there by a human, so the posibility was always there that it was owned by someone. Perhaps you should have made some investigation first. For me I always find it very annoying that Thai owners allow their dogs to roam the streets it serves them right if anything happens to them. I never let my dogs off my property, I wouldn't what them mixing with any scummy dogs or upsetting anyone.

Personally I would say to her that you know nothing about it, but you are pleased since the dog had attacked your friends and family and caused damage. Also now that the owner has been identified, that it is you should go to police because this person has failed to control their property and the result has been fear and damage in the Soi. Unless she has evidence I don't see what could be done anyway and even if she did unless it's a proper breed it would be worth nothing.

Personally I feel that you have done nothing wrong, you have stood up for yourself and if this so called owner has allowed her pet to abuse people in this way she should lose it. In the UK the owner might have had the dog confiscated, possibly put down, and be fined. I know we are not in the UK but the principle is there.

SDM

Edited by SDM0712

Did the dog have a collar round its neck?

what does a collar have to do with it? Very few dogs have collars on my soi. Does not mean you can kill them.

If the dog has a collar it means it has an owner, the name and address and phone number are usually engraved on a plate.

No collar means the dogs can be taken away by authorities, yes it does happen if you bother going to your local khet to report aggressive dogs.

Yes the police also know this, as do most Thais.

If this dog had no collar it basically means it had no owner, or was just a soi dog the woman in question chose to feed, doesnt mean it was her dog.

When you say, Very few dogs have collars on my soi. are you talking about soi dogs?

Your logic simply does not apply. There is nothing here in Thailand of the sort. People own dogs, pedigree or not. Applying the rules you learned in you home country to Thailand is not going to work. There is no enforcement of collars and licensing. Soi dogs ....you are attempting to classify every dog without a collar as having no owner. Nor is any dog required to be tied or fenced. Maybe in some communites they have requirements (subdivisions, etc where they can control things). But on any village street I defy you to count collars and then try to kill anything without a collars.

None of the dogs in my avatar wear collars. They all have shots and are the friendliest dogs in the world. Pedigree dogs are inbred....faulty gene pool. Bred for a few "show" characteristics. My dogs are not pedigree...and would swim 5 miles behind my boat to catch me. Always wait for me on the beach when I blow the whistle, and the brown one sits on the bow and sniffs the salt air. Ignorant people call them soi dogs, because they are mixed. Once they meet them, they get the shock of their lives...loyal and friendly.

• Like 2

I think my point has been missed. I am not suggesting that all dogs wear collars I am merely suggesting that since the dog did have a form of collar that it probably was owned by someone and that should have been investigated.

My second point has also been missed, I am not suggesting that UK rules have any relevance legally, but from a moral view point my conscience would be clear since I consider the UK system to be fair.

SDM

I think my point has been missed. I am not suggesting that all dogs wear collars I am merely suggesting that since the dog did have a form of collar that it probably was owned by someone and that should have been investigated.

My second point has also been missed, I am not suggesting that UK rules have any relevance legally, but from a moral view point my conscience would be clear since I consider the UK system to be fair.

SDM

Ok. But I do not see that any enforcement is going to happen, other than in some farang outclaves/subdivisions, and tourist hangouts. Might take 10 or more years for UK rules (and USA rules) to be adopted here.

Simply cannot pick and choose a dog at random for vehicular execution, collar or not. You might find a big crowd of people bashing in you car windows and dragging you out by the throat. Much worse that the dog bite. Cultural difference...and yes..you will definitely pay (lucky if its only money).

Let's face it, soi dogs are held in higher reverence than falang and at least one person, maybe more, have witnessed the slaying of this dog.

You've admitted that you drove at the dog at speed and murdered it. There'll be soi dog DNA all over the car and microscopic splashes of blood and fur [maybe a good idea to get out with the pressure cleaner this afternoon and clean off what you can, paying special attention to the wheels and under the sills].

Another problem is is that you've never reported any of the previous incidents that you've described to the police and your wife will sing like a canary under intensive questioning by a good Thai murder squad detective.

If you want to avoid any problems settle with the neighbour this afternoon and throw in a bag of som tam and a bottle of Hong Thong for good measure.

cheesy.gif You watch too much CSI, you are kidding, right?

• Like 1

Its a pity this didn't happen in the US. You could have called the Dog Whisperer and within 2 minutes and 20 seconds, once it was in a calm and submissive state, it could have directed you home, opened your gate for you ensuring that you parked safely.

I wonder if that is a prohibitive job in Thailand for falangs, or if you could get a work permit for it?

Somchai the Mutt Mutterer has a ring to it...............rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

File a claim with the purported owner for damage to your car.

The cadaver is probably gone now and there is no evidence. In fact the person purporting to be the owner probably has no proof of ownership and there are probably laws in Thailand about keeping dogs off the street despite the fact that they are not obeyed.

If you want to head off a complaint go to the police and report it as an accident with a street dog.

Do not give the woman any money because that is an admission of guilt. She will want more after the first payment.

Edited by Netizen

The only person who knows for sure that I did it is my Mrs. When speaking with the woman in question my Mrs denied all knowledge and said I wasn't involved. I've not actually spoken to the woman in question as I don't speak Thai and she doesn't speak English

My guess is that your wife knew what you did, and cooked up the whole thing with the neighbor woman in order to take 20,000ThB off you, which they will then split.

;>

Not all ladies are the same as yours. coffee1.gif

Agreed transam! He must really have a decent dragon.-coffee1.gif

Simply cannot pick and choose a dog at random for vehicular execution, collar or not. You might find a big crowd of people bashing in you car windows and dragging you out by the throat. Much worse that the dog bite. Cultural difference...and yes..you will definitely pay (lucky if its only money).

I agree completely, but I think in a case where a dog is frequently attacking people, damaging property and generally being a concern, especially if children are playing in the area then something needs to be done. I have never lived in a village so really can't speak to that but on the estate that I live in at the moment the security patrols carry catapults, not really ideal either but we just don't want them near our kids.

I think however in this chap's case it wasn't really a "random vehicular execution", it sounds as if this dog was a major problem for a long period of time.

SDM

Did the dog have a collar round its neck?

what does a collar have to do with it? Very few dogs have collars on my soi. Does not mean you can kill them.

If the dog has a collar it means it has an owner, the name and address and phone number are usually engraved on a plate.

No collar means the dogs can be taken away by authorities, yes it does happen if you bother going to your local khet to report aggressive dogs.

Yes the police also know this, as do most Thais.

If this dog had no collar it basically means it had no owner, or was just a soi dog the woman in question chose to feed, doesnt mean it was her dog.

When you say, Very few dogs have collars on my soi. are you talking about soi dogs?

Your logic simply does not apply. There is nothing here in Thailand of the sort. People own dogs, pedigree or not. Applying the rules you learned in you home country to Thailand is not going to work. There is no enforcement of collars and licensing. Soi dogs ....you are attempting to classify every dog without a collar as having no owner. Nor is any dog required to be tied or fenced. Maybe in some communites they have requirements (subdivisions, etc where they can control things). But on any village street I defy you to count collars and then try to kill anything without a collars.

Not my logic at all, its what is applied where I live (Bang Kapi), not my rules either its what happens in the afore mentioned area.

Every so often these stray mutts are rounded up, locals are informed before hand, any dogs with no collars/tags will be removed.

I am not attempting to apply or classify anything, as I have mentioned I am letting others know what happens in some areas, neither did I mention trying to kill any of these dogs.

I accept where you live different conditions may apply.

Eleven pages and counting - please make it stop, I'm getting a headache bah.gif

1. I don't think its a troll blog if it is, Whew! its a good one, who would have thought??

2. Interesting to see the spectrum of answer to this

3. I think the poster feels guilty he purposely killed a dog - no alcohol mentioned, but it was a 9PM at night, would he have done this in daylight?? If I was his wife, I'd be worried because he did it on purpose. If he was under the influence, would he do the same to me??

4. My answer to Soi Dogs was to hire the local street people, or a group of Moto Teens to "lead them away" - 300 baht a dog - don't know where they went, but they disappeared over a weekend - cost me 3,000 baht, I lived there a year and they never came back. The neighborhood gang kids know if someone owns a dog or not.

5. Soi dogs don't have "Owners" they have friendly Buddhist 'feeders' who only take care because they feel obligated to take care of something as an Ahm.

6. Its an animal, not a homeless deranged street person, they are not in the same category. Get rid of the animal, not the human.

7. All this talk about Lawyers, CSI, lie about it, don't lie about it, tell the police, charge her for the cats, dog bites etc etc.

8. One poster nailed it.........if you are on a visitors visa, BEWARE, things could go bad for you, they do interview your neighbors 'from time to time'.

9. Post a sign on the Soi Telephone pole expressing regret of the incident, and ask that "owners" keep their dogs in their compound after dark......then you and your wife feed the dogs for awhile, let the neighborhood see you do it to make amends. Not all Soi dogs are bad, once they get to know you

There I said it, almost forgot what this Forum was named - Thai Visa??

wai2.gifwai.gif

Around here if your car is damaged in any way by a collision with someone's dog then you can claim damages.

The last dog I killed I checked out the rear vision mirror and saw some people running out to retrieve the carcass.....no doubt for the pot.... a popular dish prized by drinkers and known as gaeng chaado.

I don't know how you can call yourself a dog lover based on what you did man, that's terrible!

Those soi dogs can be a pain, but look at the life they live?

There are organizations here that will take dogs out of the soi if you call them.

As for your situation I've got no advice and no compassion for it after what you did. Intentionally running over a dog? How gutless!

+1

gutless sums it up perfectly

I agree with you. Yeah...soi dogs can be a pain (literally at times) but at least all animals

deserve a quick death. To run one over with a car and not ensure that the animal is

dead leaves me to think just what kind of "doctor" drrobert77 really is? As far as I'm

concerned he's scum of the Earth and should be treated as such.

Karma has strange ways of catching up to a person & perhaps the 20K Baht "blackmail"

demand is just the start of it all. The Cops> Hah! Who are they gonna believe...his story

or the lady who is making the demand? My money ain't on the farang.

As for the OP...suffer pilgrim....you let an animal die slowly...Karma's gonna muck you

up really bad.

OP, if I were you, the only cash I'd be paying would be to George of TV so as he could delete your public "confession" just in case it came back to bite you on the arse (no pun intended) and to stop all these soi dog apologists from getting all hot and sweaty over their keyboards.

Soi dogs are a problem and the one the OP has tolerated would have been humanely put down in the western world. IMO, he didn't do right, but he didn't exactly do wrong either. As others have said, keep schtum and if pressed, admit it was an accident but definitely don't pay the scamming bitch a single satang.

Cheers,

Pikey..

Edited by Pikey