I killed a soi dog - now I'm being blackmailed

drrobert77

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see you did anything wrong, those aggressive dogs deserve to die

I don't agree with that. In fact, I think what he did is reprehensible. However, he also can't allow himself be blackmailed.

JUST IGNORE IT SAY YOU KNOW NOTHING AND IF IT COMES TO IT say heres 1000 baht or go to the court. I had a simular thing stood my ground and as long as they thing they have won they are happy. In my case it started with 100,000 baht so i went to police and filed a charge agianst them. The police were very aggressive to wards me and i showed them a email from my lawyer quoting the law. They tore it up saying your at fault. In end I stood my ground but let them think they had won which some will say they had but it only cost 2,000 baht so other side could say they had won. The police even showed payment to all around saying see the forang has lost which gave them and other side the satisfaction they wanted.

All a game really just pay al title and laugh but not to them about how stupid and easy to pay very little for their stupidity.

Of course if you care anything about face which i dot this will not be for you. I will not let them get me down but in the end can't be bothered for so little money if it makes there buffalo happy and believe they have won. Some victory when we have 3 cars nice big house assets all over the place but if it keeps natives happy a very small price to pay.

Idiots all of them I say Now when I get so pissed off I get one of them killed it might cost me what 100,000 baht yo vet out of jam or even 1 million. It's got close but never that far. When in ROme etc

My soi dog observations

1 no soi dog ever ate anything I offered it

2. Do not step on a soi dogs lunch

3. No soi dog is a match for a man with a stick

4. Every soi dog has a human

5. They are a society of beggars and vultures with strict rules

6. If the sole of your shoe becomes partially detached and flops, you WILL be attacked

7. The nose of a dog is its' most sensitive place, aim for it

8. I love friendly dogs but there is no room in human society for dangerous dogs.

9. They are fast and capable attakers.

10. 2or more dogs can kill

11. Never trust any dog

Crackin' post!

Five years ago I'm on this old Kwaka 130 thing. 2am. Main road in the sticks, deepest darkest Issan.

Rear tyre blows out. Next thing I've got a pack of feral rabid soi dogs chasing me up the road, snapping at the heals, rear tyre flapping, sparks everywhere . . . for about a quarter of a mile.

• Like 1

with all these answers what amazes me is the fact that you were driving down the road and a dog ran under your car, how in the hell is that your faultw00t.gif . You are not responsible for dogs to learn the road rules and if one runs under your car you are not responsible for what happens to it, she should have had it locked in her yard if it is her dog. Accidents happen and animals do not have right of way(according to the road rules that is) so it cannot be your fault. This is absolute crap, she has no legs to stand on as it was a soi dog, you are not responsible for what runs inder your car, I ran over a kitten ages ago when it it ran across the road right in front of me on the bike, I had no where to go and did swerve as much as I could but had a car up my bum so I wasnt going to brake, shit happens, tell her the same thing then ask for compensation for your dead cats your saw it kill, simple.

No offence but do you sometimes read OP before posting?smile.png

"On Sunday evening I killed a soi dog, on purpose. I ran over it in my car. I knew what I was doing. Beforehand it seemed like a good idea but I instantly regretted it afterwards."

Try to get out in front of this: Go to the cops, and tell them you feared for your safety.

That's good advice I think. I can't see you did anything wrong, those aggressive dogs deserve to die

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Seriously I agree........Go back and mow another bugger down as well.

>>> I admit, this suggestion is far better than my suggestion, and most likely the one to follow.

Actually, the best thing to do is to move, and quickly, before some Mekhong-addled neighborhood 'tough' decides to teach the uppity farang a lesson about killing good *Thai* dogs by torching your house while you sleep.

What you did was stupid. In Asia in general and Thailand in particular, stupid can get you killed even more quickly than it can in Western countries.

Good night OP, sweet dreamssad.png

Ounce of prevention and all that.... get a squirt gun and mix water 3:1 with ammonia and you don't even have to squirt them, just squirt in the air somewhat near them. Their noses pick it up immediately and they are out of there in a New York second.

where do u buy ammonia?

of course you could continue the attack..... you could warn her that you have been looking for the dog owner for a long time so that you can prosecute her/him for having a dangerous dog ..... and that you may well feel the need to deliver your own justice towards her as you did the dog..... not in front of witnesses.. I suspect that you will have a lot of support down the Soi... you are probably a Hero...

20,000 baht that is an insane amount of money to pay. 20 baht OK.

You obviously don't value life and what canine love is to their owners. My wife would expect 80,000 baht and I would be right behind her, though I would have demanded 150,000 baht on a good day.

The police would have raided the OP's house and removed the car for forensic examination had it been our dog. He's falang dog murderer and wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Evidence all over the car but he denies the murder. Yeah, see what happens. Deported and blacklisted.

You've a lot to learn about LOS.

You've a lot to learn about LOS.

As have some who answered OP with a (typical) Westerner's ego
  • Like 1

As I have said before the whole stray dog situation should be looked into by the local government. If they put these poor stray dogs to sleep in as kindly a way as possible you would not be in this situation. This seems to be an Asian thing.In Europe we round them up and take most of them to dogs homes and some of them are adopted. Could it be Asians dont care?

Those of you who compare soi dogs with your own pets: Enjoy these pictures. Those of you who believe they are the same as your darling pet animals and should be treated and seen as such: Donate to the soi dog foundation, take the soi dogs the vet, get them vaccinated and sterialized, then adopt them. Otherwise, your words mean nothing.

Honestly, many of these poor animals are better off dead.

Dogs%20Crate%200.jpg

tai%20chi%20before.jpg

soi-dogs-thailand.jpg

masthead04-2013.jpg

rescued-thai-dogs.jpg

• Like 1

As I have said before the whole stray dog situation should be looked into by the local government. If they put these poor stray dogs to sleep in as kindly a way as possible you would not be in this situation. This seems to be an Asian thing.In Europe we round them up and take most of them to dogs homes and some of them are adopted. Could it be Asians dont care?

https://www.soidog.org/Default.aspx

The only person who knows for sure that I did it is my Mrs. When speaking with the woman in question my Mrs denied all knowledge and said I wasn't involved. I've not actually spoken to the woman in question as I don't speak Thai and she doesn't speak English

My guess is that your wife knew what you did, and cooked up the whole thing with the neighbor woman in order to take 20,000ThB off you, which they will then split.

;>

:)

Firstly have the missus handle it. Is it her home village or are you both visitors? Make her prove ownership then start at 500 baht. If she gets something then even if it is all a scam at least she doesn't lose face. That is the most important thing as you have to keep living near her. If she loses face she will have her revenge at some stage. Small amounts of money aren't really worth the bother.

• Like 1

mate for a start i would not chide you for eliminating the problem ...these dogs r a health hazard as well as dangerous re biting ...go to hell hand wringers enough is enough ...isnt it amazing ...owner turns up but not when dog is CAUSING ...trouble ..i wouldnt give her a baht .....tell her u will sue her re the dogs behaviour ....

I can't imagine purposely running over a dog with a car. OP you sound like a real sicko.

get a life mate ...soi dogs r a real prob ....yeah i know its the owners but like the philippines they just dont care that the dog is impacting on other peoples lives ...i think they get a real kick out of knowing their dog is annoying the rich farang ...

• Like 1

which she now claims is hers and she wants 20,000 Baht off me as compensation otherwise she goes to the police!

Great stuff, they never miss a trick do they?

Did the dog have a collar round its neck?

Offer to drive her to the local police station yourself.

Probably no more than a 1,000 baht fine.

I would do that as well. The dog attacked you so you killed it. It's not some prize pedigree animal, even if you have to compensate the 'owner' there's no way it's ฿20,000

If this dog belonged to her, why didn't she stop it from biting people? How come she never controlled it, or made it go back into her yard?

If you go down our soi, sometimes there are dogs out and about. They all belong to someone, and if there's a problem, the owner comes and deals with their dog.

Everybody knows which dog belongs to which person, or household.

So what do your neighbours say about who this dog belongs to?

give the BIB 10k and have ger arrested for blackmail. hey, if an ambulance charges you to take you to a hospital, why not pay a cop for "special services"? fyi...this does work. I got into a fight and the other guy was threatening to go to the cops. I got ahead of it and for 5k, the other guy got hauled in and fined 30k. 35k for some basic legwork? we farangs are an infinite source of side money. I suggest saying "can I pay 10K for the paperwork and your time"? worked for my isolated incident. works in Mexico quite well too-fyi.