Yingluck insists govt fighting corruption

webfact

CENSURE SHOWDOWN
Yingluck insists govt fighting corruption

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Tuesday denied that she has tolerated corruption practices and said that her government instead gives priority to fighting corruption.

Replying to allegations by opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva during the first day of the censure showdown, Yingluck said the government has been carrying out anti-corruption measures in several areas.

She said the government has launched anti-corruption awareness campaigns and has opened anti-corruption centres for ministries as well as setting up a national anti-corruption centre.

Yingluck said Deputy Prime Minister Phongthep Thepkanjana is heading the centre, which has been monitoring the work of government officials.

Yingluck said she has assigned the Council of State to consider whether it is possible to allow civic groups to take part in the centre's monitoring of corruption.

Yingluck declined to respond to Abhisit's allegations that she committed perjury during the assets seizure case against former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra in the Supreme Courts' Criminal Division for Holders of Political Office.

Abhisit alleged that Yingluck tried to protect Thaksin's assets that had been disguised as hers but the court did not believe her. Abhisit said the Department of Special Investigation had been dragging feet in the perjury case against Yingluck.

Yingluck simply replied that she did not want to talk about a case that has already been closed by the court's ruling.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-26

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have to start with the police , they are responsible for upholding/enforcing the laws , ...........an impossible job IMO , but the only way , starting with the stupid recruiting via the highest bidder to be able to join the RTP , an absolute joke. The fact that yingluck is just spouting BS is another story.

Edited by osiboy

The lies coming out of the mouths of these people are unbelievable during the censure debate of Yingluck Shinawatra:

tulsathit@tulsathit 25m
RT @Nattha_ThaiPBS: Deputy MP Plodprasop said he'd never seen Thaksin Skyping with Pheu Thai Party.

Nattha Komolvadhin@Nattha_ThaiPBS 20m
FM Surapong: I can confirm "Thaksin" has never skyped to ministers meetings during 2 years 3 months of the government

lin_NT@Biz_TheNation 9m
Yingluck: On "stupid" remark, difficult to explain to outsiders.All ministers and officials know my determination to address problems.

Nattha Komolvadhin@Nattha_ThaiPBS 9m
PM Yingluck: responds to an accusation that she is not intelligent, "you don't know me because you never worked with me."

veena T.@veen_NT 8m
#rephrase You will never how smart PM Yingluck is until you work with her:)

veena T.@veen_NT 7m
And for the record, PM Yingluck is the one who appointed all cabinet members. #censureDebate

veena T.@veen_NT 5m
Meanwhile, this morning at the House: Yingluck insists govt fighting corruption

And to top it off:

So first they say they reject the ruling of the constitutional court, saying they are outside of the law. And now they seek a ruling themselves on the dissolving of their opponents tongue.png

lin_NT@Biz_TheNation 6m
Pheu Thai to seek Constitutional Court's ruling to dissolve Democrat Party, for arousing masses to seize govt offices

That headline is SO close to being correct. Swap "corruption" for "reality" and it'd be getting there.

must be only a bit sloppy translated. It might be "govt fighting for corruption"

My money

no my money

finger off my money....

• Like 1

The lies coming out of the mouths of these people are unbelievable during the censure debate of Yingluck Shinawatra:

tulsathit@tulsathit 25m

RT @Nattha_ThaiPBS: Deputy MP Plodprasop said he'd never seen Thaksin Skyping with Pheu Thai Party.

Nattha Komolvadhin@Nattha_ThaiPBS 20m

FM Surapong: I can confirm "Thaksin" has never skyped to ministers meetings during 2 years 3 months of the government

lin_NT@Biz_TheNation 9m

Yingluck: On "stupid" remark, difficult to explain to outsiders.All ministers and officials know my determination to address problems.

Nattha Komolvadhin@Nattha_ThaiPBS 9m

PM Yingluck: responds to an accusation that she is not intelligent, "you don't know me because you never worked with me."

veena T.@veen_NT 8m

#rephrase You will never how smart PM Yingluck is until you work with her:)

veena T.@veen_NT 7m

And for the record, PM Yingluck is the one who appointed all cabinet members. #censureDebate

veena T.@veen_NT 5m

Meanwhile, this morning at the House: Yingluck insists govt fighting corruption

And to top it off:

So first they say they reject the ruling of the constitutional court, saying they are outside of the law. And now they seek a ruling themselves on the dissolving of their opponents tongue.png

lin_NT@Biz_TheNation 6m

Pheu Thai to seek Constitutional Court's ruling to dissolve Democrat Party, for arousing masses to seize govt offices

Reality is a General Election! So lets have one.

This is really starting to sound like the start of the end. She really must be grasping at straws when she trots out answers like this.

Absolutely. No-one's listening to you, Yingers - just look out the window. Time you took the only courageous step in your life and resigned.

Edited by paully

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

Who gives these silly advises for her ? Bro ?

I think someone gets them out of Christmas-Crackers ? rolleyes.gif

No, you're barking up the wrong tree there. They're from ice-lolly sticks.

Hmmmm wasn't it her PTP party (yeah I know she isn't the party chief) that pushed through the amnesty bill that would have cleared 2555 corruption charges? .........Fighting corruption by making the charges disappear!

25 THOUSAND.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/679702-thai-amnesty-bill-would-kill-25355-graft-cases-nacc

Lying to the house is grounds for instant impeachment under the rule of law.

I have a feeling that Abhisit is taking his time and dishing out the rope for her to hang herself with. Then he can release his evidence. I bet everyone had forgot about the evidence he has.

At the moment it is Q&A time, to build up the lies and dig a deep hole. What will land on the table on Thursday is anyone's guess.

Edited by Thainy Tim
  • Like 1

Fighting corruption. That's the ticket, so lets start with this lot:

Police

Army

Every Government Ministry and Department

All Central and Local Government Civil Servants

Let's also put a stop to:

Buying your way through school and university

Buying and selling of positions in the government, the police and the military

Let's also stop those responsible for organising, aiding and abetting:

Human trafficking

Drug production and distribution

And finally, let's bang up for a very long time:

Those influential and wealthy people, including the corrupt judiciary who help them, who can leave the country at will while on bail for an assortment of crimes ranging from slavery, torture, (the little Karen girl) murder (take your pick) and - of course - corruption itself.

Good luck, Thailand.

Edited by arthurboy