PM Yingluck charges opposition with unfair censure

Lite Beer

PM Yingluck charges opposition with unfair censure
By English News

13854637032698-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 26 – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today deplored what she called the opposition’s unfair allegations against her administration, an administration which has protected democracy and fought against corruption.

In her opening speech at a no-confidence debate against her government, Ms Yingluck described the accusations against her, especially corruption, as “harsh and unjust.”

She said her government had encountered an economic crisis from the US and Europe since the start and it has adopted various measures to relieve the economic pressure which has hit every country in the region.

The government has solved the economic problem, leading to a surge of gross domestic product to 6 per cent and higher exports, she said.

She said the government has made it a policy to crack down on corruption and set up anti-corruption units in ministries as well as a counter-corruption operations centre to check public sector operations while the private sector network also participated in examining the government.

Ms Yingluck said the confiscated assets, ordered by the court, have been transferred to the state while the amnesty bill included no article on the return of seized assets.

The government and the Senate are not pushing for the amnesty bill, she said.

Opposition Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva charged the government with cheating for its own interest and distorting the objectives of the democratic system which requires checks and balances.

“The prime minister is the core person who leads the country into the current quagmire and intensifies the corruption problem, resulting in the government’s credibility crisis,” he said.

“The government, under the prime minister, has destroyed the rule of law and anti-corruption mechanisms. It has issued laws in favour of increasing corruption in the country,” he said.(MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-11-26

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh Abhisit what a nasty nasty man you are.

Has not your upbringing and your education taught you that this is no way to treat a lady.

The lecturers and your fellow students at the prestigious schools you attended would be appalled at your disgusting behavior.

Tomorrow you must apologise profusely to the lady and never ever treat her in this way again.

• Like 2

"She said the government has made it a policy to crack down on corruption and set up anti-corruption units in ministries as well as a counter-corruption operations centre to check public sector operations while the private sector network also participated in examining the government."

Start the crack down in her own corrupted office first .

Cheers to that!

I truly believe this women is so ignorant of her own govt she actually believes what she says. Or she believes if she spouts enough BS people actually believe her. Again showing an incredible amount of ignorance.

Unknown for sure. Over time have moved to the side of her really being that silly. Thansin would certainly be willing to throw her under the bus if that is what it takes to get back into Thailand without being arrested and she cannot see it. Not only does that make her silly, it also makes her very dangerous.

Edited by notmyself

Has not your upbringing and your education taught you that this is no way to treat a lady.

The lecturers and your fellow students at the prestigious schools you attended would be appalled at your disgusting behavior.

Tomorrow you must apologise profusely to the lady and never ever treat her in this way again.

Another paid employee of the government. You really think WE will fall for your nonsense?

Yingluck responds against “stupidity” allegation

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra defended herself against the Opposition’s allegation that she is stupid during the censure debate in the Parliament Tuesday.

Democrat MP Nipit Intharasombat was quoted as saying “besides not being knowledgeable, there has been no development. In the past, (she) made mistakes in speaking, reading from a prepared text, I have never criticized her because not everyone is smart. But (she) has never learned, no development at all.”

The prime minister responded as follows: “..the allegation that I am not independent, lack of intelligence and taking orders (from someone) via remote control. For the past two years in the office, (I) have encountered several crises and have survived them all. That some MPs accuse me of being stupid, as for this issue, it is difficult to explain or if I explain, no one will believe me because they are not the people who have worked with me.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-responds-stupidity-allegation/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=yingluck-responds-stupidity-allegation

--Thai PBS 2013-11-26

This might come off as a sexist question, but I'm curious. I get the feeling that she might be playing the "don't bash the pretty lady" card. Is that something an unqualified female leader in Thailand could benefit from and do you also think she is doing that? The "unfair" complaint sounds really weak and doesn't seem like something a male politician would usually say. It kind of reminds me of the kind of thing USA silly failed politician Sarah Palin would say. I am differentiating lady politicos who are actually qualified vs. those who got in from "other" ways.

Edited by Jingthing

Her 10 minute dribble defense of the litany of failures and corruption was a pathetic spectacle .Even the "Red blinkered" bunch on TVr could see and hear that surely? Umm then again by past experience, no.

Edited by kingalfred
  • Like 1

Helen Richardson in NZ never required kid gloves Perhaps you dont or cant remember,

She's PM for *** sake. Cant stand Heat etc etc

bubblegum, on 26 Nov 2013 - 19:52, said:snapback.png

Robby nz, on 26 Nov 2013 - 19:19, said:snapback.png

Another paid employee of the government. You really think WE will fall for your nonsense?

I think he was being sarcastic. It is true that Yingluck can barely talk. She messes up almost every speech she does.

On the other hand, K'Abhisit has not shown any evidence yet backing up of all his accusations.

Its OK Dr, leave him alone.

Seems he has no sense of humor.

• Like 1

Well well well...

It seems that all the TVF Thaksinistas are very quiet on this thread.

What happened?... Did she open her big stupid mouth again and undermine your worthless cause??

Long may she reign.... while she is your idol, the protesters are gathering great fuel for their argument.

Don't invite them in Tim, there's only so many of them to go round.

The "unfair" complaint point sounds really weak and doesn't seem like something a male politician would usually say.

I think anyone over the age of 10 wouldn't use the unfair complaint. It is just more evidence that she doesn't know how to defend herself.

I think, there will be blood.