Waxing...down There

MissAnge

this may have been covered before but it's midnight, i've had too much coffee and i need something to do... don't think i've ever started a thread before.....

A couple of questions for all ladies about bikini/brazillian/hollywood waxing.

Are there any ladies who swear by it?

Where are the best places in LOS to go?

What do partners say?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not really fair of me to ask a personal question and not answer it myself....

i've never gone beyond the regular bikini wax and i've never had it done professionally here in LOS (prefer the pain and privacy of a DIY job)

have always wanted to go brazillian but my partner is dead against it... could suprise him with it but it might end up a dry month :o:D

ive stuck with a regular bikini wax, but many of my girlfriends have gone the whole hog with the brazillian.

they swear by it. and so does their partner.

not sure of the difference between brazilian and hollywood? care to elaborate?

I hate pain myself, so I always relied on shaving, until recently. About a 2 months ago I tried my first bikini and underarm waxing, and I'm hooked! I love the smooth feeling, no stubble, and longer intervals of hairlessness. It is painful as all hel_l, and the first time I just laughed loudly to avoid screaming. But I'm definitely hooked, and the pain gets a little easier each time.

I recently tried Brazilian, if I'm correct - I'm still trying to understand the terminology. If I've got it right, Brazilian leaves a smaller strip than bikini, and Holloywood is the whole deal - ouch! I'm not that hairy, and luckily don't need to do my legs or arms because the hair is blonde and light. So, I get away fairly cheap.

I go to a neighborhood place that is really good, they use the right hot wax, and they are professional. I pay 400 baht for under arms and Brazilian, although someone else pays 320 baht. What are you gonna do - farang prices! But, I'm hooked now and will definitely be back. I'm going to try and take ibuprofen or a few drinks before the next session, though.

One place that is recommended all the time is Panipas(sp?), and they are mentioned on another thread.

Any good recommendations from the girls here in Phuket? I have heard some scarry stories. I dont like the peel off wax! havnt had a bikini here. DId in Bangkok on Khao San road at the dodgy little place where all the masseuses where that awlful light blue jacket.

She did a great job, was quite experienced.

I have haerd mixed reviews about Perfection ......... any feedback?

Any good recommendations from the girls here in Phuket? I have heard some scarry stories. I dont like the peel off wax! havnt had a bikini here. DId in Bangkok on Khao San road at the dodgy little place where all the masseuses where that awlful light blue jacket.

Royal Phuket City Hotel, Phang-na rd, Ruan Rom Spa , level 3...pricey but good.

Narida or Marida (purple coloured place) Salon on Rat U-Thit rd close to Sai Nam Yen...I've only been there once and they were great but also not cheap.

Haven't had any scary experiences but personally I can't imagine ever going for the brazillian or hollywood bikini wax..Too much pain and risk of infection from ingrown hairs ect on very delicate bits...no thanks.

What are some of your scarry stories? I'm still a bit innocent in terms of waxing, so I'd like to know. Also, what other wax is there besides peel off?

Royal Phuket City Hotel, Phang-na rd, Ruan Rom Spa , level 3...pricey but good.

Narida or Marida (purple coloured place) Salon on Rat U-Thit rd close to Sai Nam Yen...I've only been there once and they were great but also not cheap.

Haven't had any scary experiences but personally I can't imagine ever going for the brazillian or hollywood bikini wax..Too much pain and risk of infection from ingrown hairs ect on very delicate bits...no thanks.

Thanks for the tips in Phuket. For me brazillian doesn't seem that much worse or risky than bikini, to be honest. But, I'm very careful to use cornstarch powder before, and for a couple of days after, and I've been fine. Never use talc, though, only cornstarch, which I found for 8 or 9 baht in Tops Supermarket.

Cheers.

edit: Can anyone tell me what are some of the average rates?

Edited by kat

I used to go to Angela's just behind Kao San (thru the Susie pub soi) which is very cheap and very quick - only 100 baht and most times okay, but had times when came up all rashy afterwards, so don't go anymore. Have recently discovered that Yves Rocher beuaty/makeup shops (in most shopping malls) also do waxing. Not sure of prices of anything else but their 'bikini' wax was 600 baht (although it turned out to be a Brazillian and I had to stop her from doing more!). Much pricier, but nice, clean surroundings and seemed like she was a properly trained beautician. Will go back again. You can also become a member and buy a course where you get free waxing sessions.

Supposed to be about every six weeks but the pain puts me off doing it too often so I usually keep the towel round me til the last second before going in the moobaan pool and try and go in the mid afternoon when it's too hot/sunny for most of the Thai residents. :D I usually only make it to the beautician when the situation is getting desperate .... a bit likewhen you've left the lawn too long to mow .... unfortunately has the same effect as cutting grass that's too long ..... a lot more difficult (and painful) to get rid of :o

I used to go to Angela's just behind Kao San (thru the Susie pub soi) which is very cheap and very quick - only 100 baht and most times okay, but had times when came up all rashy afterwards, so don't go anymore. Have recently discovered that Yves Rocher beuaty/makeup shops (in most shopping malls) also do waxing. Not sure of prices of anything else but their 'bikini' wax was 600 baht (although it turned out to be a Brazillian and I had to stop her from doing more!). Much pricier, but nice, clean surroundings and seemed like she was a properly trained beautician. Will go back again. You can also become a member and buy a course where you get free waxing sessions.

- that's the general idea behind a Brasilian, isn't it ?? :o:D:D:D

• 5 months later...

I tried a professional wax for a few years as I used to get a horrible redness after using a razor, even a ladies razor. I was disappointed with waxing as I had a couple of returning ingrowing hairs which looked very unsightly and unattractive!

After speaking to a friend who used to be a model I discovered that these lovely model girls with silky smooth bits shave every day. Yes...... every day! A quick whizz over the appropriate bits whilst in the shower and voila........smooth, clean, no ingrowing hairs, no stubble.

I was doubtful at first, but gave it a go and after a week or so realized it was true. I wasn't keen on getting into that regime every day, but if you do it (and you really must do it everyday), it really is easy with a smooth result.

I used to be self conscious in my bikini before in case.... well, you know....... but now I don't ever have to think about it. I think that the invention of the Venus Lady Shave has made a big difference. At last a razor for ladies that actually works.

I know this thread was about waxing but for me...........BRING BACK SHAVING!

Kate

I used to shave my gf under arms first, then onto the kitchen table with a towel, scissors to cut it short, then the old type shaving soap and brush, always a new blade, after an hour of moving this and that about she would be a quivering mess and putty in my hands. You should try it. Shaving gel/foam is not very good

I tried a professional wax for a few years as I used to get a horrible redness after using a razor, even a ladies razor. I was disappointed with waxing as I had a couple of returning ingrowing hairs which looked very unsightly and unattractive!

After speaking to a friend who used to be a model I discovered that these lovely model girls with silky smooth bits shave every day. Yes...... every day! A quick whizz over the appropriate bits whilst in the shower and voila........smooth, clean, no ingrowing hairs, no stubble.

I was doubtful at first, but gave it a go and after a week or so realized it was true. I wasn't keen on getting into that regime every day, but if you do it (and you really must do it everyday), it really is easy with a smooth result.

I used to be self conscious in my bikini before in case.... well, you know....... but now I don't ever have to think about it. I think that the invention of the Venus Lady Shave has made a big difference. At last a razor for ladies that actually works.

I know this thread was about waxing but for me...........BRING BACK SHAVING!

Kate

as long as you girls use your own razors, sick and tired of trying to shave with a blunt one :o

:o I can't think of anything worse. The pain for one thing. also, I suspect that Mr Man would think it a bit strange, sort of pre pubescent girl pervy.

I would add my two bahts worth about the pain though. I do go and get legs waxed and my top tip is not to go if premenstrual or actually on the rags. Pain threshold is decreased then. :D

To each his (her) own, but to me the idea of a complete hair removal (is that what a Briazilian is?) is indeed creepy/pervy...

Before coming to Thailand all I felt the need for was enough of a trim to avoid showing anything in a bathing suit. Here in this hot climate, comfort requires more than that but nothing a pair of small scissors (the kind usedi n manicures) plus a razor can't achieve.