Waxing...down There

MissAnge

Sorry for butting in on the ladies forum.

I know someone who does waxing for a living. She told me more and more customers are requesting bleaching as well. :o

I'm glad I was born a man.

Can anyone recommend a place in Bangkok that does anal bleaching? Any info would be of great help!

yelp :D .

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You don't want to wax "down there" because the skin is way too sensitive. If you have pale skin and dark hair then "down there" is the ideal place for laser hair removal. If not then you want to buy one of the "intimate shavers" designed for "down there" like the Seiko Cleancut. If you're using it for the first time then you have to use a trimmer so there's only stubble. Then you cover the area in talcum powder and shave it with your intimate shaver. Then have a shower and exfoliate. I know ladies who do this every day and have permanent silky smooth skin "down there". It only takes them a couple of minutes each morning.

Edited by edwardandtubs

You don't want to wax "down there" because the skin is way too sensitive. If you have pale skin and dark hair then "down there" is the ideal place for laser hair removal. If not then you want to buy one of the "intimate shavers" designed for "down there" like the Seiko Cleancut. If you're using it for the first time then you have to use a trimmer so there's only stubble. Then you cover the area in talcum powder and shave it with your intimate shaver. Then have a shower and exfoliate. I know ladies who do this every day and have permanent silky smooth skin "down there". It only takes them a couple of minutes each morning.

You should tell these ladies that talcum powder is a carcinogenic, and has been linked to ovarian cancer among other things, especially when used "down there."

You should tell these ladies that talcum powder is a carcinogenic, and has been linked to ovarian cancer among other things, especially when used "down there."

There is no strong evidence for a link but if you're that worried you can use corn starch powder as a more expensive but superior alternative.

As the aim is to use it on the pubic hair area (not internally) and then to shower straight afterwards there doesn't appear to be any cause for concern.

I already do use corn starch, but the majority of Thai women do not. In fact, I always took my own personal cornstarch with me when I went to get waxed, and explained to the waxers why I used it instead of talc.

And, there is a medical link between talc and cancer. Also, covering the area and washing it off doesn't matter, because there is still ample opportunity for the talc to make its way inside.

http://www.preventcancer.com/consumers/cosmetics/talc.htm

http://www.preventcancer.com/press/releases/nov17_94.htm

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/..._and_Cancer.asp

Some studies have found a link and some have found none but I agree it's best to err on the side of caution when your health is at stake.

Do you know where to buy corn starch powder in Thailand? I brought some Lanacane medicated body powder with me from the UK but I'm close to running out and I can't find any talc-free powders in Thailand.

No, I think it is that some studies are inconclusive, but all have found an association to talc and ovarian cancer, especially with the old-style talc that I think is sold in Thailand.

I got cornstarch in Tops, in the little plastic bags that were less than 10 baht. I found a little metal container to put it in, and carted it with me to get waxed.

*BTW, I think cervical and ovarian cancers are very high in Thailand.

Edited by kat

Some big girls hers. My ex used to use pluck out individual hair. Got me to help at times. She just thought it was alot smoother

I know someone else who does that. I used to tweeze the hairs on my legs if I was bored and watching TV or something...

I usually shave my legs, but I get my bikini area waxed. I don't live in Thailand though, so over here it's really easy to find somewhere that does it. Once I had it done and I guess I was too sensitive for the wax they were using and I started peeling. Sorry, TMI.

Sometimes I even get a full body wax. They wax EVERYTHING. I'm serious! This girl waxed my tummy, my back, my chest! Everything! I was like 'um, but I don't even have hair there!'. But I loved it because afterwards everything was so smooth! I felt like a baby dolphin or something...I was rubbing myself against everyone just for the hel_l of it!

Also, be careful with the laser treatments, esp if you are tanned or darker. I have a girlfriend who got her legs lasered and I guess because she had it done before, she let them up the power. And it's been almost 13 months now and she still has scars. I remember picking her up after her session, her legs looked like they had been chemically burned.

• 1 year later...

Any ladies living in or passing through Pattaya, here's a word of warning:

I just had a dreadful "brazillian" wax at Bronze Spa in Central at Pattaya. (Incidentally, Bronze is part of the Trinity spa business).

In spite of using good Depileve wax, the therapists have been trained to use the absolute minimum of wax, and ensure this by applying it with a Q-Tip/cotton bud!!

They only apply wax in the smallest amount - about the size of a 10 baht coin - at once. Therefore, as you can imagine, the pain/discomfort of having your hairs pulled out is increased a hundred fold as you can see how many times the "stripping" process would have to be repeated in order to leave the whole area cleanly waxed. Secondly, since the wax being removed is so small, the girl has to pick away at it in order to get a strong enough grip to be able to pull it off, all the while tugging excruciatingly at your hair.

In this spa, Braziliian means - ALL HAIR OFF, no questions asked. If you have a "landing strip" or whatever, be warned - they will strip the whole lot off, without a single word. When I realised what was happening, too late, the therapist was so befuddled that she stopped my waxing without finishing off the, er, under carriage, so basically I only got half a Brazilian, and a botched one.

They say that if you want hair remaining, that means you have to ask for a bikini wax - even though I explained that this does not mean the same thing to farangs, and clearly, you would not get the same job.

On top of that, if you had decided to give up on the waxing and go for say, a facial - be warned - the cheapest one was Bht 3,000+. The spa is kind of tacky, and whole time the most cheesy lift music was playing at top volume.

I'm used to having the whole process over in about 40 mins tops, but in this place after over 1 hour, barely half of the top had been done, due to all the pointless fiddling around with miniscule bits of wax.

To add insult to injury, they overcharged my sister by Bht 1,500 - she ended up paying Bht3,000 for a half leg wax, underarm wax and half a$$ed brazilian, and they didn't even get all the wax off!!

I usually try to find a positive in anything, but frankly this was a disaster from start to finish. If you feel you can overcome all these issues, then maybe you'll have a better experience, but personally I wouldn't recommend it.

GAWD, that sounds awful!!!

Personally i really recommend laser hair removal for body hair, really worth it.

As for any waxing.. there is no way in hel_l i would go to an unrecommended salon, no matter how flash or posh it looked or how high the prices were. Just too many things that can go wrong! If you do laser hair you dont need to go through that process..nor the horrible regrowth problems that waxing can give.

Also, be careful with the laser treatments, esp if you are tanned or darker. I have a girlfriend who got her legs lasered and I guess because she had it done before, she let them up the power. And it's been almost 13 months now and she still has scars. I remember picking her up after her session, her legs looked like they had been chemically burned.

OH! Sorry to hear that. I think good to be very careful whatever clinic/beauty salon a person goes to (for ANY treatment). In unskilled hands even simple facial can have some mild to possibly serious consequences. My understanding of laser and darker/tanned skin is that the laser isnt able to detect the hairs as easily. IPL hair removal works the best on lighter skin and darker hair.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

post-99011-1267935060_thumb.jpgSince the original post included room for "partners".....

I believe this to be universally evident that men appreciate VERY MUCH when you ladies shave, pluck, wax, thin, plow, mow or decimate the undergrowth a bit.

No one wants to feel he needs a map to find the treasure through the brush. And it is NOT (in my skewed, humble opinion) attractive to look like you have Buckwheat (little rascals) in a leglock or a headlock. Thank you for all your preening, we appreciate it!

post-99011-1267935060_thumb.jpgBUCKWHEAT SAYS, TRIM IT, PLEASE!!

Sorry for the double pic above.

How about we start a topic about men and their lack of trimming? I trim and most men should too for their partners. This is not my forum and it may be unwelcome. What do you women think?

• 5 weeks later...