Thai govt asks the world to condemn protesters

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can force a government to take the consequences of it's bad governance and step down to make way for new general elections. That is assuming the PM doesn't forget to dissolve the House before stepping down. wink.png

I think many people are overlooking the points you raised. You cannot just topple an elected government any old time, that is what elections are for, Like them or not this govt was voted in by the people. They can be thrown out at the next election. I find it amusing that people think that the alternative will be so much better..it wont.

• Like 2

The reds are all the same, and if the this new thing is different from PAD-I find that hard to believe, the leadership of the new anti-government protests and the people funding the protests is the same group of people, we are still stuck in this yellow/red conflict, every 2 years or less the city is going to be burned down.

This is just as true as all those "all reds are the same" remarks. Mind you, the "progressed beyond Thaksin" doesn't seem to have taken hold though.

To condemn all current anti-government protesters as PAD, yellow shirts, other type of idiots only shows a total lack of understanding.

As for who's to blame for the 1997 crisis, well just read some more on that. Here it's really off topic, even though Thaksin was also somehow involved.

Yea I agree with that.. We cannot forget that PAD, yellow shirts, whoever these idiots are that are occupying the ministries- are against democracy despite calling themselves 'democrats' their whole thing is that the government should not be elected, it should be 'appointed by smart people' this is indicative of the elitist nature of PAD. What do they want now? for the government to be disoloved-Yingluck will win again in the snap election. Most people do not even know what the protesters want. With the Redshirts it was simple-they wanted fresh elections immediately, Abhist refused, military crackdown, massive destruction of central bangkok, new elections came within 6 months, Yingluck wins, she is allowed to govern for less than 2 years before the PAD fascists decide that they will start trashing government buildings.. the dirty trik they used last time occupy the airport, they intimidated some court to disqualify enough PT MPs so that the democrats can govern, it won't work this time because no court is going to dissolve the Phua Thai party, especially knowing the redshirts will come out in greater numbers than the yellowshirts, the military will not launch another coup..

it's easy for the PAD to constantly scream 'corruption' as if their politicians are all saints; democratic elections are not perfect but that's all we got, there is no alternative, the faction that wins the election must be allowed to govern, even if they run the country down with too much entitlement spending and corruption; when their policies fail and the country plunges into another economic crises like 1997, then I'm pretty sure they will not win the next election, but for now the Yingluck administration is the legal government.

What a lot of childish rubbish in here. The fact is that the present government is democratically elected like it or not. The rumors about big brother running the country, is what it is, just rumors, where is the proof. Occupation of government offices would be illegal in any country i should think. Allegations of corruption and populist politics is nothing new, and Mr.Suthep and his cronies should take a close look in the mirror instead of creating hell for their country. Anyway, i thought this man and his former boss was up for charges of murder after ordering the police and army out for a full out deadly attack on demonstrators in 2010. He lost his power in a democratic election, and would probably loose again in new election This carnage is his only way to get back into power, and he knows it. Sad that this thing is allowed to go on.

err.... yes.... err...... yes I am getting something here. Yes it appears the world have got a response but delivered it to a mr thaks.... currently based in Cambodia, or Dubai or somewhere like that...

the message was err errr yes it was " grow up and do it yourself "

• Like 1

The red-shirts are NOT all the same. Some groups have really (tried to) move from the UDD dictatorship.

As for 'leadership' of the new anti-government protests, some indeed the same as before. Maybe the loudests, but not necessarily the important ones. Don't forget that PAD/yellow promoted the 'no vote' in the last elections, they didn't promote 'vote Democrat party'.

As for burning things down, well till now I don't see heaps of tyres and most of the protesters walking the streets of Bangkok don't look like they have the 'burning' urge to light a fire. The other group who had such anti-government fun in 2010 is still hiding in the stadium.

The reds are all the same, and if the this new thing is different from PAD-I find that hard to believe, the leadership of the new anti-government protests and the people funding the protests is the same group of people, we are still stuck in this yellow/red conflict, every 2 years or less the city is going to be burned down.

This is just as true as all those "all reds are the same" remarks. Mind you, the "progressed beyond Thaksin" doesn't seem to have taken hold though.

To condemn all current anti-government protesters as PAD, yellow shirts, other type of idiots only shows a total lack of understanding.

As for who's to blame for the 1997 crisis, well just read some more on that. Here it's really off topic, even though Thaksin was also somehow involved.

What a lot of childish rubbish in here. The fact is that the present government is democratically elected like it or not. The rumors about big brother running the country, is what it is, just rumors, where is the proof. Occupation of government offices would be illegal in any country i should think. Allegations of corruption and populist politics is nothing new, and Mr.Suthep and his cronies should take a close look in the mirror instead of creating hell for their country. Anyway, i thought this man and his former boss was up for charges of murder after ordering the police and army out for a full out deadly attack on demonstrators in 2010. He lost his power in a democratic election, and would probably loose again in new election This carnage is his only way to get back into power, and he knows it. Sad that this thing is allowed to go on.

Whether the Yingluck administration was democratically elected is immaterial - by failing to comply with the ruling of the constitutional court, they have renegaded and are no longer democratic representatives of the people.

• Like 2

Actually Yingluck should condemn her police force and immediately sack all senior officers and in the meantime recruit a few thousand Sikh guards like Thailand had them till the 90's. There is not one protester in his right mind who dare to get into a building with those guards.

Everybody knows that Suthep is fighting to keep out of prison himself. With Suthep it was and it is never about thailand. Convicted multiple times for conflict of interest and corruption he is far worse than Thaksin who seem to be able to at least share a little bit.

Do it the Suthep way, or the American way. Warn twice, than shoot him on the spot. Siuthep would understand he did the same with SeDaeng

Do you have ANY proof of these convictions?

You said it, YOU prove it by quoting chapter and verse and any links you can find. Perhaps THEN I may believe you, but probably not.

• Like 1

Yea I agree with that.. We cannot forget that PAD, yellow shirts, whoever these idiots are that are occupying the ministries- are against democracy despite calling themselves 'democrats' their whole thing is that the government should not be elected, it should be 'appointed by smart people' this is indicative of the elitist nature of PAD. What do they want now? for the government to be disoloved-Yingluck will win again in the snap election. Most people do not even know what the protesters want. With the Redshirts it was simple-they wanted fresh elections immediately, Abhist refused, military crackdown, massive destruction of central bangkok, new elections came within 6 months, Yingluck wins, she is allowed to govern for less than 2 years before the PAD fascists decide that they will start trashing government buildings.. the dirty trik they used last time occupy the airport, they intimidated some court to disqualify enough PT MPs so that the democrats can govern, it won't work this time because no court is going to dissolve the Phua Thai party, especially knowing the redshirts will come out in greater numbers than the yellowshirts, the military will not launch another coup..

it's easy for the PAD to constantly scream 'corruption' as if their politicians are all saints; democratic elections are not perfect but that's all we got, there is no alternative, the faction that wins the election must be allowed to govern, even if they run the country down with too much entitlement spending and corruption; when their policies fail and the country plunges into another economic crises like 1997, then I'm pretty sure they will not win the next election, but for now the Yingluck administration is the legal government.

Are you sure that it was Abhisit who refused elections? I remember that he agreed to it but a phone call to the Red Shirts changed their minds and their decision.

Who caused the massive destruction of central Bangkok? Abhisit or the Red Shirts? I do wish that you would read before you write crap like that.

• Like 2

I can picture Mr. Surapong's letter:

Dear Fren,

How are you. I'm fine tang you, and you?

Thailand people, we land of smile, We always smile. No wan ploblem.

We good. udder people, who no like us, dey bad. Chai dam. We good, Chai dee.

See you,

Surapong

like ping pong, but Sura instead of Ping, ha ha. Is joke. You like?

• Like 1

I don't have a dog in this fight, so I am just observing a Thai problem and how it is resolved.

But asking foreign governments to condemn the opposition?

Even the many US Administrations during my life time have never thought about that "unique" tactic :)

• Like 2

Forcing snap elections by civil disobedience (note -- not violent mobs as we saw with the Reds) is not that uncommon in parliamentary democracies. It is one of the things that prevents "majoritarianism" and ensures liberal democracies.

• Like 2

"And Hugo Swire, minister of state for the British Foreign Office, said: "As a friend of Thailand, the UK urges all sides to adhere to their commitment to the values of democracy and rule of law in the interests of Thailand's peace and stability."

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

You attempting to compare English democracy with this one?laugh.png

Wow, that's a first, Thai's actually asking another country for help ... they must be REALLY worried ...

The transition is coming and they know it and they know it's unstoppable.

Kleptocracy to democracy.

Watch the piggies steal as much as they can on their way into exile, it's what the 2.2 Trillion is for.

• Like 1

Oh palese! Here are the PADs dirty triks again, claiming that the PM MUST resign every time the executive branch has an issue with the courts, lets just have a new government every 2nd month, that's not a huge waste or anything

Whether the Yingluck administration was democratically elected is immaterial - by failing to comply with the ruling of the constitutional court, they have renegaded and are no longer democratic representatives of the people.

Edited by pkspeaker
  • Like 1

Oh please, try to distinguish between PAD/yellow shirt, Democrat Party, anti-Thaksin protesters, anti-government protesters and a few other groups.

Mind you, red-shirts are easier to recognise rolleyes.gif

Oh palese! Here are the PADs dirty triks again, claiming that the PM MUST resign every time the executive branch has an issue with the courts,

• Like 1

Foreign governments condemn not protesters but the Thai government because that is the cause of the ongoing protests. Sending out stupid explanations just makes it even more obvious that the Thai goverment is indeed in need of condemnation.

I think many people are overlooking the points you raised. You cannot just topple an elected government any old time, that is what elections are for, Like them or not this govt was voted in by the people. They can be thrown out at the next election. I find it amusing that people think that the alternative will be so much better..it wont.

your wrong almost anything will be better than letting a megalomaniac turn Thailand into his own one party state. Do you really think if he got back he would risk an election unless he was 100% sure he'd already bought it. Hopefully he does not have the army in his pocket because if he had you can say goodbye to any type of democracy here and that is a 100% sure fact as anyone whose been here for 30 years would probably agree or at least anyone not totally brainwashed by Taksin and his thugs

The countries elite? With all those protesters visible on TV or just outside the window, along the streets here in Bangkok, I don't think I've ever seen what some like to label as 'elite'.

As for overthrow an 'democratically elected government'. Well, if that government had been working for the good of the Nation rather than 'Thaksin first, foremost and only' you might be right. As it is listening to this 'democratic' government and it's PM Yingluck we'd still be waiting to see what their 'blanket amnesty bill' would mean for Big Brother and 25,000 other cases on corruption.

Oh btw, when lots of the population strive to get the current government to step down, that's not the same as having a despot regime. Actually those protesters try to prevent the Shinawatra Despot regime.

PS nice avitar, Dr. weng will be happy with it, reminds him of his past and those years in Vietnam.

I dont think these people realise the damage they are doing to their country. The country's elite trying to otherthrow a democratically elected government makes Thailand look like a 3rd world despot regime,

• Like 1

so when it suits them

they go ask foreign countries to blabla

but do they ever listen to other countries when they give good advice to thailand ?

i guess notttttttttttttttttttttt

Edited by belg