Thai govt asks the world to condemn protesters

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think these people realise the damage they are doing to their country. The country's elite trying to otherthrow a democratically elected government makes Thailand look like a 3rd world despot regime,

Some points here:

- The attempt to ammend the constitution using underhanded tactics exploiting loopholes in parliamentary legal process reduces the political prowess of Thailand to that of the level of Sudan (North Sudan, I refer to).

- Use of the current law which enables virtually anyone to become a target provided the "sore" party has enough money to make things happen in an attempt to silence critics and opposition reduces Thailand to the political freedom of the likes of Russia or China.

- The lack of "one size fits all" when dealing with protesters will be assuredly frowned upon by developed and developing nations with little or no economic ties to Thailand - I don't refer to Thailand's "friends" in China, the USA and Great Britain. This sounds a lot like what is taking place in Egypt.

- The last group of political reform through force burnt down one of the Major malls of South East Asia, crippled the capital of one of the busiest economies in Asia and has led to the demise of Thailand as the worlds major rice exporter. The suggestion that the PTP were elected into government legally is debatable, anyone up country understands that votes are bought and sold freely. We could compare this to the parallels of the likes of Zimbabwe.

- The wealth of availability of weapons and the lack of hesitation to use it could see this country fall to the realms of Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan or Somalia - if you lived in the south you would know this is already a reality.

- Neither side has my support. The leader of the current opposition has stated he would not like his daughter to Marry a Farang, has said foreigners should mind their own business and stop interfering in Thailand. The current govt. speaks for itself.

This, from a country looking for a seat on the UN Security council although it cannot impose the spirit of democracy for the people - that being, the government is a conduit to facilitate positive change for the country and mediate negative situations for the best possible outcomes. Condemn those looking for true democracy to be lavished upon the people? It is time for absolute change in Thailand, but what are the alternatives?

Edited by TheGhostWithin
  • Like 2

The classic reaction of the school ( P.T.P.) bully when he or she or it gets their comeuppance.

A wonderful comment on the standard of the current bunch of politicians currently ruining running Thailand at their puppet masters behest for his own gain.

Thai government should ask the Vietnamese how to deal with this madness. Answer.... Go for the leaders. End of story

Sent from my Lenovo A516 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That's exactly what they are going for.

The leaders.... AKA Thaksin, Yingluck and the PTP.

enough said.

• Like 2

I agree they are not Democratic. They want to stop a bill giving amnesty to convicted fugitives. How dare they?! And before we forget the Government should be allowed to meddle with the High Courts of Justice. In a de-Mockracy that is... wai.gif

In the words of Sir Winston Churchill: " Some countries deserve a benevolent dictator". facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I dont think these people realise the damage they are doing to their country. The country's elite trying to otherthrow a democratically elected government makes Thailand look like a 3rd world despot regime,

au contraire, General, I imagine outside observers will see what's happening in its true light: Masses of Thais peacefully demonstrating to try and get rid of an awful government. If you've got a big cancerous growth on your knee, you'd probably want a surgeon to excise it. To do so, the surgeon is going to have to cut through some skin, and maybe some flesh. It will likely be bloody, but what a relief to get rid of the crippling cancerous growth!

If you've got a big cancerous growth on your knee, you'd probably want a surgeon to excise it. To do so, the surgeon is going to have to cut through some skin, and maybe some flesh. It will likely be bloody, but what a relief to get rid of the crippling cancerous growth!

And you'll probably want anesthetics. Lau khao sales in BKK must be up.

Brush the corruption under the carpet. Good idea !!

The Minister of Foreign Affairs said he has submitted letters to various foreign governments, reassuring them that the anti-government protests are not legitimate democratic movements against the government.

Of course he is correct, any idiot would understand that any protest being aimed at a corrupt and mishandled government run at the whim of a fugitive criminal couldn't be a classified as a legitimate democratic movement against a corruption government.

Can you just imagine the reception in the British consulate, " excuse me Sir, a lowly government official with a letter from the PM saying there is some sort of civil unrest going on , Oh bother, do they expect me to cancel morning tea to help them sort it out, tell you what, send a gun boat and shoot a few of the buggers, that'll sort it out.

Now in the Australian embassy, Ah, Bruce some <deleted> out here from the Thai government with a note about someone trying to sh1tstir them big-time,- -- tell em to piss off - I'm watching the footy - gives us another Fosters on the way out will ya.

Now the yanks - I say Mr ambassador, a top secret communiqué from the Thai PM, something about civil unrest, ok quickly, call out the marines, close all doors and windows, get me a direct line to the President, get the helicopter on stand-by and prepare to evacuate all women and children, any sign of red commies, south American drug lords or other terrorists lurking about, cancel all leave and advise staff of the likely problems.

• Like 1

Surapong (who can't even speak English as foreign minister) did you put in that letter the fact that the crisis is mostly to do with rejection of our country being run from Dubai by your cousin who is supposed to be in jail for major corruption.

Surapong, just like his cousin in Dubai, obtained a PhD, utilizing the English language, in the USA.

Despite this, he doesn't speak English in his capacity as Foreign Minister and uses translators.

Everybody knows that Suthep is fighting to keep out of prison himself.

Convicted multiple times for conflict of interest and corruption

Do you have ANY proof of these convictions?

You said it, YOU prove it by quoting chapter and verse and any links you can find. Perhaps THEN I may believe you, but probably not.

You'll notice he hasn't returned to produce proof that his lies are true.

Surapong (who can't even speak English as foreign minister) did you put in that letter the fact that the crisis is mostly to do with rejection of our country being run from Dubai by your cousin who is supposed to be in jail for major corruption.

Surapong, just like his cousin in Dubai, obtained a PhD, utilizing the English language, in the USA.

Despite this, he doesn't speak English in his capacity as Foreign Minister and uses translators.

You will notice some "students" at the language schools where you live tend to hang around in groups sharing one thing in common - their nationality. They communicate in their own language, eat their own food, and do not make friends with the locals. There are exceptions, but the vast majority of Thais, Koreans, Chinese and Saudis do this in my country. They go home to slap the "western education" sticker on their CV, but apart from that never learnt a damn thing here, and could not tell you the first thing about our (spoken) language or our culture.

Surapong was probably one of those uninterested rich Thai kids 20 years ago. Go figure.

• Like 1

What a lot of childish rubbish in here. The fact is that the present government is democratically elected like it or not. The rumors about big brother running the country, is what it is, just rumors, where is the proof. Occupation of government offices would be illegal in any country i should think. Allegations of corruption and populist politics is nothing new, and Mr.Suthep and his cronies should take a close look in the mirror instead of creating hell for their country. Anyway, i thought this man and his former boss was up for charges of murder after ordering the police and army out for a full out deadly attack on demonstrators in 2010. He lost his power in a democratic election, and would probably loose again in new election This carnage is his only way to get back into power, and he knows it. Sad that this thing is allowed to go on.

I can't see why you posted the same old load of inaccurate drivel twice,both identical Posts carry more holes than a Cullender?

• Like 2

The opposition in any country is going to use phrases like "the PM is despotic", or "there is too much corruption" or any of the other slogans posted. IE: George Bush's nepotism when awarding contracts to Cheney's companies , his despotic nepotism and tyranny and he pardoned some people or intervened so they were not prosecuted for 'corruption' .. this is nothing new, in a democracy you don't riot and overthrow the democratically elected government everytime these issues come up.

The word 'despot' pretty much means nothing, it's like calling someone a jerk. "curruption", despotic(ness), 'elected dictatorship'-that's my favorite..and constant allegations that the Phua Thai's votes are 'bought'- and like i mentioned early, the democrats are NOT currupt, they are perfect and NOT despotic, it's only Yingluck that is corrupt and despotic ..in the whole world.

The countries elite? With all those protesters visible on TV or just outside the window, along the streets here in Bangkok, I don't think I've ever seen what some like to label as 'elite'.

As for overthrow an 'democratically elected government'. Well, if that government had been working for the good of the Nation rather than 'Thaksin first, foremost and only' you might be right. As it is listening to this 'democratic' government and it's PM Yingluck we'd still be waiting to see what their 'blanket amnesty bill' would mean for Big Brother and 25,000 other cases on corruption.

Oh btw, when lots of the population strive to get the current government to step down, that's not the same as having a despot regime. Actually those protesters try to prevent the Shinawatra Despot regime.

PS nice avitar, Dr. weng will be happy with it, reminds him of his past and those years in Vietnam.

The opposition in any country is going to use phrases like "the PM is despotic", or "there is too much corruption" or any of the other slogans posted. IE: George Bush's nepotism when awarding contracts to Cheney's companies , his despotic nepotism and tyranny and he pardoned some people or intervened so they were not prosecuted for 'corruption' .. this is nothing new, in a democracy you don't riot and overthrow the democratically elected government everytime these issues come up.

The word 'despot' pretty much means nothing, it's like calling someone a jerk. "curruption", despotic(ness), 'elected dictatorship'-that's my favorite..and constant allegations that the Phua Thai's votes are 'bought'- and like i mentioned early, the democrats are NOT currupt, they are perfect and NOT despotic, it's only Yingluck that is corrupt and despotic ..in the whole world.

The countries elite? With all those protesters visible on TV or just outside the window, along the streets here in Bangkok, I don't think I've ever seen what some like to label as 'elite'.

As for overthrow an 'democratically elected government'. Well, if that government had been working for the good of the Nation rather than 'Thaksin first, foremost and only' you might be right. As it is listening to this 'democratic' government and it's PM Yingluck we'd still be waiting to see what their 'blanket amnesty bill' would mean for Big Brother and 25,000 other cases on corruption.

Oh btw, when lots of the population strive to get the current government to step down, that's not the same as having a despot regime. Actually those protesters try to prevent the Shinawatra Despot regime.

PS nice avitar, Dr. weng will be happy with it, reminds him of his past and those years in Vietnam.

I think calling yingluck a despot is a bit harsh, and also confusing.

She's probably wondering why people are calling her a big warehouse with trucks.

Don't be misled, this is not a conflict of elites vs regular people - it's elites vs elites, it always has been - the people are just pawns.

• Like 1

Don't be misled, this is not a conflict of elites vs regular people - it's elites vs elites, it always has been - the people are just pawns.

Exactly. Note the statement from the uk.

Please respect the law.

That's it.

I.e. we don't care too much who wins, not much is going to change.

A despotic puppet is an interesting concept. After weeding out the American references, your post comes down to defending Yingluk with "Little Johnny did it too!"

As for overthrowing a government every time their corruption and nepotism becomes a bit too obvious - why not? What discouragement is there for these actions if it is allowed to continue without repercussion? OTOH throwing them out of office and into jail might just reduce the greed for wealth and power.

IMHO coups have become a bit too civilised lately, and while putting the worst offenders up against a wall is a bit messy, it certainly stops recidivism. Would Thailand be a worse place if they had shot Chalerm in 1991 (before he managed to breed would have been better)? Or Thaksin in '06?

• Like 2

A despotic puppet is an interesting concept. After weeding out the American references, your post comes down to defending Yingluk with "Little Johnny did it too!"

As for overthrowing a government every time their corruption and nepotism becomes a bit too obvious - why not? What discouragement is there for these actions if it is allowed to continue without repercussion? OTOH throwing them out of office and into jail might just reduce the greed for wealth and power.

IMHO coups have become a bit too civilised lately, and while putting the worst offenders up against a wall is a bit messy, it certainly stops recidivism. Would Thailand be a worse place if they had shot Chalerm in 1991 (before he managed to breed would have been better)? Or Thaksin in '06?

Hmmmm. Interesting idea.

Would be nice if the army wasn't so connected to the democrats and threatened to put ask sides on trial for corruption after the next coup.

All three; Thaksin, Yingluck and Surapong (plus other high-ups) obtained U degrees in the US. None can speak English as well as I can speak Thai, and my Thai is v. sketchy. I know some street touts in Burma who can speak English better than the governments' official interpreters (and better than any Thais who teach English at U level), and my Burmese friends have never been outside their little town. What is it about Thais - having such trouble speaking simple English?

regardless of the never-ending color bashing on this forum, it seems things on the ground got calmer for now. I haven't heard of any huge happenings, or is this just the quiet before the sh*t storm?

"color bashing"? really? If I like the look of amber colored skin better than blanched freckled skin, am I 'color bashing' against white folks? Keep 'color-bashing' off the radar. It's a non-issue and can only serve to complicate an already complicated bunch of scenarios in ever-troubled Bangkok.

Everybody knows that Suthep is fighting to keep out of prison himself.

Convicted multiple times for conflict of interest and corruption

Do you have ANY proof of these convictions?

You said it, YOU prove it by quoting chapter and verse and any links you can find. Perhaps THEN I may believe you, but probably not.

You'll notice he hasn't returned to produce proof that his lies are true.

I must admit to not holding my breath waiting. thumbsup.gif

Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said yesterday.

"I was in Bahrain for the Asia Cooperation Dialogue meeting when the political situation turned chaotic. Many countries asked me about the incidents. I informed them that the protest was against the law and badly affected our national security,"

Did his mother suddenly remarried a Farang?

And a sort of democratically elected government, being run by a convicted criminal fugitive, for the benefit of one family clan and its cronies makes Thailand look better ?

Cambodia, Zimbabwe, North Korea all claim to have democratically elected governments.

• Like 1

Would this be the same cousin and fugitive from justice who happens to be the elder brother of the PM/DM. The same cousin to whom the foreign minister illegally issued a new Thai passport? The same illegal passport on which the fugitive cousin's younger sister, the PM/DM, has refused to answer the ombudsman's questions on ?

The Shinwatra's ignore the law for themselves, but expect every one else to abide by laws they make up as they go along.

Did he explain this Shin Corp version of democracy to the foreign governments?

• Like 2