Shipping a scooter

JunoJingo

• 1 month later...

Painless. Go and ask them - you may have to go to the main post office as the smaller ones not equipped.

Shipped a HD back to Pattaya from Hua Hin - no sweat.

Seedy,

I plan to ship a PCX150 from Hua Hin to Pattaya in May. Can you tell me how much you paid to have yours shipped and how long it took? Also the locations of drop off and pick-up? I assume in Hua Hin you dropped off at the post office across from the police station downtown.

Thanks

i would drive that thing down there myself for a tip + gas monies and a ticket back to hua hin hah.. id be interested in knowing how shipping costs tho

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I stopped by the main post office in downtown Hua Hin today and asked about shipping a motorbike. That indeed is the place to drop the bike.

The guy quoted me a price of bt1,200 to Pattaya from Hua Hin but didn't ask what kind of bike it was. Perhaps this is the price for the smallest bike and a bigger one is a little higher.

Bubble wrap is bt200 and insurance is also available. Can ship the bike with key or without, doesn't matter. Need to show the green book.

He said it would take 10 days to get to Pattaya which seems like a long time, maybe this is the maximum time and it usually takes less.

I forgot to ask the location in Pattaya where I would pick up the bike.

Seedy,

I plan to ship a PCX150 from Hua Hin to Pattaya in May. Can you tell me how much you paid to have yours shipped and how long it took? Also the locations of drop off and pick-up? I assume in Hua Hin you dropped off at the post office across from the police station downtown.

Thanks

If memory serves - 2500 Baht.

Pick-up point was main post office Banglamung, on Sukhumvit north of Pattaya Nua on the north-bound side of the road - the main one. Can't miss it.

As I said, this was a few years ago.

Pick up in for Patts is the main office up in Banglamung all right,

but it if off Suk not on Suk, and easy to miss.

Last time that I checked Google maps is inaccurate for the location.

I rode around for quite some time ...lost again... until I called the GF who told the non-English speaking local motorcy taxi guy to lead me there. B20. 5 5

What would we do without cell phones!

Closed weekends.

Also, best take the mirrors off.

Edited by papa al

Painless. Go and ask them - you may have to go to the main post office as the smaller ones not equipped.

Shipped a HD back to Pattaya from Hua Hin - no sweat.

Seedy,

Thanks

Just ride the thing no big deal, one day

• Like 1