One Thai representative to make history in space in Axe Apollo project

webfact

One Thai representative to make history in space in Axe Apollo project

BANGKOK, 27 November 2013 (NNT) – The Space Expedition Corporation, along with Axe brand, is sending 22 representatives from around the world into space under the campaign “Axe Apollo.”

Only one Thai representative will have a chance to make history, becoming the first Thai ever to travel in space. Three finalists have been selected and are undergoing body and mental health examinations at the Directorate of Medical Services of the Royal Thai Air Force.

The three finalists are Mr.Nopparit Panthong, Mr. Wichien Ngarmsadaeng and Ms.Pirada Techawijit. They are in the final stage of checkups and examinations before undergoing intensive training similar to the training at NASA.

The three will also attend a space camp in Florida, USA, during which one of them will be chosen to be the only representative of Thailand to have a rare opportunity to view planet Earth from the distance of over 100 kilometers while traveling in space.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-11-27 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

For a minute there I thought I was going to read about Thailand's new space program, which would have caused me to fall on the floor in a hysterical fit of laughter. Good to hear he is going up elsewhere.

No doubt he will be taking a photo of The King with him, and that will be an incredibly proud moment for Thailand.

• Like 1

Is this Axe the makers of over-priced BOderant?

Actually, I was hoping Yingluk might have booked herself (with taxpayer's money) on the first manned Mars landing. I'm sure she could justify it by the exchange of Martian canal technology and flood management for the Thai version of democracy.

On the bright side, it would scarcely affect her parliamentary (non)attendance record, and it has been proven that the country can be run via Skype.

Is this Axe the makers of over-priced BOderant?

Actually, I was hoping Yingluk might have booked herself (with taxpayer's money) on the first manned Mars landing. I'm sure she could justify it by the exchange of Martian canal technology and flood management for the Thai version of democracy.

On the bright side, it would scarcely affect her parliamentary (non)attendance record, and it has been proven that the country can be run via Skype.

Maybe yingluck could work out a world-to-world trade with the Martians . Giving them some of the extra water and rice that is here!

For a minute there I thought I was going to read about Thailand's new space program, which would have caused me to fall on the floor in a hysterical fit of laughter. Good to hear he is going up elsewhere.

No doubt he will be taking a photo of The King with him, and that will be an incredibly proud moment for Thailand.

You may be surprised to know that Thailand actually does have a space program and a space development agency.

You can fall on the floor if you wish....

Go Mink (Pirada), I hope you get through

"the distance of over 100 kilometers while traveling in space"

Hardly space! (Not Space) Just a very high altitude.

Can we send Mr. Thaksin and shoot him off a bit further in a special boosted capsule of his own to say 600Km so he can experience REAL SPACE !!! he can fart out the back of the capsule to get himself back. w00t.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"and that will be an incredibly proud moment for Thailand."

and WHY would that be a proud moment, I don't understand your logic? blink.png

Congratulations to these three motivated young Thais! These aspiring travelers will get an opportunity to experience other cultures and ways of thinking. I am happy for them and wish them well. I hope they return to Thailand with an outlook that is little less "Thai" and a little more "Worldly". If thousands of Thai youngsters could have similar experiences, things might start to change for the better here.

• Like 2