How I stopped Soda Drinks

singa-traz

Beginning of the year, I stopped drinking Soda (mainly Coca Cola) ... after looking at this:

http://www.sugarstacks.com/ and a few other sites and video on youtube about their "secret formula".

I used to consumme about 1-1.5 l per day, whether I was at home or at the office.

I was in one of those offices where Soft Drinks cans are available for free, just an arm away ... Sugar, the fuel for the brain ...

Talking about this, I had a chance to visit one of those companies, where the food is free to their employees ... you can guess what happen in the first few months, for those who just join ... but, that's another topic.

Then I realised how much I was 'addicted' to it, and decided to stop drinking it.

Steps:

• Stop buying it (sound logical, right?)
  • Buy some fruit juice instead, and them more fruits
  • Switch to tea and honey, when needed.
  • Switch to water only

I thought it would have some visible impact on the weight scale (100 g of daily sugar intake less in my diet!), but to my surprise, it did not.

I was obvisouly a bit disapointed, but at the same time, I generally felt better.

Coca Cola did not taste the same after, and while I still occasionally have a drink, I don't think I would relapse.

I still feel sometime the needs for a sugar drink and my fallback plan is then tea with honey.

For the weight scale issue, buying a pair of running shoes was a decisive investment.

add: maybe somewhere between:

use sugar free coke instead. While I don't like the chemicals it might be a good step between to make stopping easier.

I also sometimes buy soda water ice cold, add a lemon, add a small amount of sugar or honey.

It tastes very good and the amount of sugar is very small....sometimes I don't put any and it beats tea.

Much much much BETTER advice to quit all sodas, real and fake sugar alike. "Diet" sodas are NOT helpful. This isn't the only study about the link between fake sugar and how it is NOT helpful with obesity. There have been a number. It's counter-intuitive but that's science for you.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/10/diet-soda-health-problems/2507219/

Purdue study finds diet soda may be linked to health problems from obesity to diabetes to heart disease.

Much much much BETTER advice to quit all sodas, real and fake sugar alike. "Diet" sodas are NOT helpful. This isn't the only study about the link between fake sugar and how it is NOT helpful with obesity. There have been a number. It's counter-intuitive but that's science for you.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/10/diet-soda-health-problems/2507219/

Purdue study finds diet soda may be linked to health problems from obesity to diabetes to heart disease.

yes but the diet coke might be a help to stop coke total.

Not as replacement. Just it is hard to drink daily 2 liter coke and from today just water. So as temporary replacement on the way to stop it totally, just to make it easier.

The idea to buy products marked as "diet" to loose weight does not work at all....you are 100 % right.

But100 % fruit juice mixed with soda water ice cold, has still a lot sugar but at least it has also vitamins, and tastes similar good. Actually if you never eat sweet, just small amounts of sugar taste very sweet and things like coke doesn't taste good....just too sweet.

I'm having a problem with this too, but I'm on diet cokes. Years ago, I switched from regular sodas to sugar free. I lost 2 inches from my waistline within 2 months. If you've substituted fruit juice in the place of your cola consumption, that might be your problem. Most fruit juices have the similar quantities of added sugar as cola drinks. This is one of the reasons I still haven't quit drinking the diet colas, its impossible to find a substitute, fruit drinks aren't any better than regular soda for the sugar content. The only success I've had is gradually limiting my cola intake until I'm off of it completely - switching to plain water. I've done this a few times, but recently I've gone back to the cola habit again.

There is nothing in colas, regular or diet, that makes them a good part of any diet.

Just stop drinking them. You do not need a 'path' to quit, just quit.

Soda water is ok, other than the fact that it is loaded with sodium.

Sent from my Xoom using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm having a problem with this too, but I'm on diet cokes. Years ago, I switched from regular sodas to sugar free. I lost 2 inches from my waistline within 2 months. If you've substituted fruit juice in the place of your cola consumption, that might be your problem. Most fruit juices have the similar quantities of added sugar as cola drinks. This is one of the reasons I still haven't quit drinking the diet colas, its impossible to find a substitute, fruit drinks aren't any better than regular soda for the sugar content. The only success I've had is gradually limiting my cola intake until I'm off of it completely - switching to plain water. I've done this a few times, but recently I've gone back to the cola habit again.

yes fruit juice has the same amount of sugar unless you mix it heavily with soda :-(

Plain water is just too boring. I tried with hot and ice cold jasmin tea. While I like it, I don't like to drink it in quantities.....Many more or less similar unpleasant choices....

There is nothing in colas, regular or diet, that makes them a good part of any diet.

why is soda water loaded with sodium?? Normally it is just plain water in which they press CO2, which than partially exist as

H2O+CO2=H2CO3

H2CO3-->H+ + HCO3-

But only the Natrium which was in the plain water (unless they use some plain water with a lot natrium)

why is soda water loaded with sodium?? Normally it is just plain water in which they press CO2, which than partially exist as

H2O+CO2=H2CO3

H2CO3-->H+ + HCO3-

But only the Natrium which was in the plain water (unless they use some plain water with a lot natrium)

Upon further eviw, I admit to making an erroneous assumption.

I retract my previous statement.