Phuket murder convict Lee Aldhouse 'happy' to serve jail time in Thailand

webfact

Phuket murder convict Lee Aldhouse 'happy' to serve jail time in Thailand
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- British national Lee Aldhouse, sentenced to 25 years in jail for the murder of American Marine Dashawn Longfellow in Phuket in 2010, is happy to serve his jail term in Thailand, the Phuket Gazette was told.

The Phuket Provincial Court sentenced Aldhouse, known in kickboxing arenas as the “Pitbull”, to 25 years’ imprisonment at 11am.

“The court found Mr Aldhouse guilty and initially gave him a life prison sentence, but that was reduced to 25 years due to his confession,” Kampon Siriwatanyoo, the lawyer for Aldhouse, told the Gazette outside the court this morning.

Aldhouse has one month to appeal the sentence, Mr Kampon confirmed.

“He has yet to decide whether to file an appeal,” he said. “However, he will he have to contact his embassy to find a new lawyer to conduct the appeal as I have no further involvement in the case.”

In the meantime, Aldhouse will remain incarcerated at Phuket Prison.

“The Department of Corrections have yet to determine which prison will detain him,” Mr Kampon said.

“But he has told me that he is happy to serve his time in a prison in Thailand. Even though he has the right to ask for detention in the UK, he said he does not want to be transferred back to his home country for the time being.

“Mr Aldhouse said there are many good activities for him in prison and the prison officers always hold behavior-development training,” Mr Kampon explained.

“He has a new community there and that can help him improve his behavior,” the lawyer said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-murder-convict-Lee-Aldhouse-happy-to-serve-jail-in-Thailand-22895.html

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-11-29

Good for him. Hope he gets rehabilitation and one day be released into society as a productive individual.

Chances are slim as scumbags are generally always scumbags and will probably get ill from Tb or another debilitating disease sharing a cell and toilet with 30 men.

• Like 1

Good for him. Hope he gets rehabilitation and one day be released into society as a productive individual.

Chances are slim as scumbags are generally always scumbags and will probably get ill from Tb or another debilitating disease sharing a cell and toilet with 30 men.

30 men who haven't seen a woman in awhile also I am guessing and fresh meat might just lift their spirits.

• Like 2

His pevious time in a UK prison does not appear to have helped his 'rehabilitation'

• Like 2

Lee Aldhouse 'happy' to serve jail time in Thailand

I believe that many people are happy about that and also want him to serve every day of the 25 years without any reduction in time. Perhaps he will even receive some "training" from fellow inmates that will alter his attitude. Maybe Pitbull will be renamed Pussycat by the time he is released.

Edited by aguy30

But he has told me that he is happy to serve his time in a prison in Thailand.

Drop a postcard or two during your spare time, but don't drop the soap.

Actually rape amongst inmates is very uncommon in most Thai jails.....Men raping other men is nowhere near as common here as it is in 'western countries jails''

The large amount of katoeys incarcerated in Thailand are mostly available for con sensual sex...even have condoms supplied ...

Actually rape amongst inmates is very uncommon in most Thai jails.....Men raping other men is nowhere near as common here as it is in 'western countries jails''

The large amount of katoeys incarcerated in Thailand are mostly available for con sensual sex...even have condoms supplied ...

And you know this how?

Security officials at both the prison and the court went out of their way to deny all the reporters who turned up from getting any chance to snap a few photos of him. Why such preferential treatment for a convicted murderer while treating like crap hard-working, law-abiding people who are just trying to do their jobs?

Edited by phuketsub

And you know this how?

Because i have a good friend who spent 4 years in Bangkok Hilton thats how i know.coffee1.gif

His pevious time in a UK prison does not appear to have helped his 'rehabilitation'

They have it too easy in the western jails.

Own cell with toilet, Tv and 3 meals a day. Also work and earn money.

How is that rehab? I'm sure thai conditions would harm your health in a very short period and then the medical facilities aren't there.

Look at Steyne for example. His health is going down hill.

Compared to the UK prison system, the Thai prison system does not only have disadvantages. In many British jails, they spend almost the full day in the cell, whilst in Thailand for a big part of the day they are in the open courtyard.

This blog is written by a British guy who was transferred to a prison in the UK after having been incarcerated in Bangkok for a very long time.

30 men who haven't seen a woman in awhile also I am guessing and fresh meat might just lift their spirits.

i hear the same shit over and over again. does it mean that quite a number of Thaivisa members have prison experience?

bah.gif

"the same shit over and over again"? Have you Thai prison experience then?

When he is going to see the inside of the prison he won't happy anymore. Besides I understand he doesn't want to serve his time in the UK. I am sure certain people would make his life hell over there for murdering that marine. Here nobody cares.

An article in the news recently, explains the reason this dirt bag is "happy" to be in a Thai jail. It's because, in his own words, "They give royal pardons twice a year in Thai prisons, and if I was in a U.K. prison I would have to serve my entire sentence."....... AS IF he thinks he will be eligible to receive one.

• Like 1

He might be assuming that Thai's being smaller will not be able to pick on him but the thai jails didn't get their notoriety as the "Bangkok Hilton" for nothing.

My advice: Don't bend over to pick up the soap. Tie the soap to a string.

Edited by smileydude

He might be assuming that Thai's being smaller will not be able to pick on him but the thai jails didn't get their notoriety as the "Bangkok Hilton" for nothing.

My advice: Don't bend over to pick up the soap. Tie the soap to a string.

Going on this post you obviously have no idea what you are talking about..rolleyes.gif

I understand this is how it works for Britons. Sentenced to 25 years in Thailand. Serve at least 8 in Thailand first and then you are eligible for a transfer to a UK prison BUT that means that you will serve the full remaining 17 years as that is the deal between Thailand and the UK. Apparently a royal pardon does not apply to prisoners abroad. This is why Brits after 8 years might choose to stay in Thailand and hope for the best.

Possibly because he was extradited Aldhouse does not have to serve 8 years first but can apply right now. He chooses not to do so for the same reason as many others. Hoping for the pardon after 8,10 or 12 years. You never know. Hope is all you have left.

... the "pitbull" might just be the wrong melonfarmer to give that a try, but give him a few yrs, he also might change his mind, lool - however, have fun ladies ...

• Like 1

“He has yet to decide whether to file an appeal,” he said. “However, he will he have to contact his embassy to find a new lawyer to conduct the appeal as I have no further involvement in the case.”

Is the Lawyer feeling bad about taking on this piece of shit's case knowing that he was guilty as sin?

Prison guard question to Auldhouse "Mr Auldhouse, how would you like your ring-piece today - drilled, bored or countersunk"?

From dailymail site....some relevant info that i personally haven't seen in local news;

Lee Aldhouse, 30, from Birmingham, known as 'Pitbull' in Muay Thai kickboxing circles, pleaded guilty to the murder of 23-year-old Dashawn Longfellow in an attempt to avoid execution or life in jail.

But his jaw dropped when Judge Montri Sarot told him he would go to prison for 25 years. Aldhouse, the first Briton ever extradited to Thailand, had expected anything between 15 and 25 years because of his guilty plea.

'I didn’t think they would give me the 25 years, which was the highest they could give after my guilty plea,’ he said as he was led off to the Phuket Prison.

'I’m going to take further advice and see if I can appeal and get this lowered.’

Today Aldhouse’s lawyer, Kampon Siriwatanyoo, told the Mail: ‘He knew he was going to receive a long prison sentence but he did not expect it to be 25 years.

‘He has already expressed his sorrow to the other family at an earlier hearing and he has pleaded guilty, so he was expecting to receive a sentence that might have been as low as 15 years.

‘He was not happy to hear the judge tell him he was getting 25 years. He is now going to appeal and he will have to do that within the next month.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2514830/British-kickboxer-jailed-stabbing-US-marine-death-Thailand.html#ixzz2m5o2IAyi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Obviously the rat thought ,by pleading guilty and showing faux remorse to the marines family has was going to get the low end of the sentence range.ie 15 years..

Bloody good job, wished i'd been there to see his reaction as described in this article.clap2.gif

He should have copped the death penalty...all over rover!!..no appeals, no more ''spitbull''..his name would fade fast from news sources..next please..coffee1.gif

PS..yes i do know and understand the dropping of the death penalty was part of the dealwai2.gif

Edited by andreandre