Miserable farangs.........

SimonF

Think this is a fair question. I have only been here for 18 months but in that time have seen at least half a dozen happy farangs become completely miserable after they were fleeced by girlfriends or wives 20 years their junior and wondered why.

No options. Foreign country and usually no money does not a happy man make I imagine!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You certainly have progressed a lot since last month when you wrote, "Any possibility of a children's table where us trainee expats could have a nice chat away from the grown ups and their problems?"

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This one come around again so soon.....oh well!

If the OP wants more and varied answers just do a search, this has been done to death, but hey," play it again Sam"

Got to agree with you mate. Same as blokes who continually post that their mate is having girl trouble and needs advice. Done to the death. Time to walk the dog.

Most of them are just low lifes and low IQ. Cheap skates on top of it

If the OP wants more and varied answers just do a search, this has been done to death, but hey," play it again Sam"

Got to agree with you mate. Same as blokes who continually post that their mate is having girl trouble and needs advice. Done to the death. Time to walk the dog.

Cattle rustlers too, by the looks of them. Varmints to a man, so they are Edited by StreetCowboy

Blimey, Einstein is ''lives''.....................laugh.png

Perhaps you didn't notice I've only posted 22 times on here? You didn't write "wait until you've been here 20 years" but your comment was more or less the same thing.....

Your OP is irrelevant on so many levels. I don't quite follow how you consider anyone miserable if you do know them at a personal level, and for quite some time... and not from your computer monitor. It's like going to the city dump and thinking everyone is a pig.

I think you are very naive in your thinking; one of those "Sunny-Sunday-Go-To-Meeting" people, whom I typically avoid.

People who wonder why other people are miserable simply by being a computer jockey, and reading threads on forums, are only demonstrating their immaturity and naievity.

People like that, who then psychically conclude that these "miserable ones" should return somewhere, not only stick their noses into places that they don't belong, but further demonstrate that they are nothing but ignorant trouble-makers.

Get a life, SimonF. Stick to your happy thoughts, and don't trouble yourself with trying to impress others with how happy you are, and how shocked you are at what you imagine to be true. It'll be a better world.

I think it's my turn to post the "Why are there so many people concerned about the misery of others, yet not willing to do anything to alleviate it?" Why are there so many undernourished people in the world? I'm well fed, why aren't they? Remember; if the OP had found the relevant thread, and added to that, this "miserable farangs" theory could be as long as the "Thailand Needs Cricket" thread

But Thailand does need cricket!

• Like 1

Perhaps you didn't notice I've only posted 22 times on here? You didn't write "wait until you've been here 20 years" but your comment was more or less the same thing.....

Well, there's your problem, then. You're not just a newbie on Thaivisa, you're apparently a newbie to web forums, where any idiot knows that he should spend some time reading the forum and seeing what topics have been done to death already, so as, you know, not to prematurely post on something that's been discussed 1,000 times already, so you don't look like even more of an idiot.

Absolutely right, ( idiotic at post #64 and counting this time around), the topic's been flogged to death and of no value or interest to anyone. Talking about fmiserableclap2.gifcoffee1.gifcheesy.gif

The answer is yes to both, yes I'm a newbie on Thai visa, and yes I'm a newbie on web forums, I have never had the time before now, I'm still learning, and if that makes me look like an idiot so be it.

A low number of posts, or even being a member here for just 6 months means nothing ! You may have been on the sidelines for years for all I know, you may have another identity too, Here you assume nothing !

Why do you "assume" he has another ident.?

Right. That's enough of that. Back to the rugby league... Some people just naturally look miserable. Steve McCormack and Brian McDermott are two obvious examples with whom I am sure you were familiar. After winning the Grand Final last year, you could tell he was as happy as larry, whooping inside with joy, but Brian's face remained stuck in his downturned gloomy visage to the extent that he was stuck for words - he couldn't get the words of joy in his heart out, because his mouth was the wrong shape. And Stev McCormack, after qualifying for the Quarter-Finals in the World Cup for the first time, bubbling over with cheer and enthusiasm, but still, an outlook like a Hanging Judge. Some of those chaps sitting quietly at the bar, with their down-turned mouths, furrowed brows and hanging jowls, might actually be quietly blissful in their own unassuming way SC

Steve who ? Brian who ? Not 'obvious examples' to this miserable git ;-) Who are they ?

Or those who post that Thais are liars and cheats and brainless. Done to death. Time to walk another crotchet.

I think it's my turn to post the "Why are there so many people concerned about the misery of others, yet not willing to do anything to alleviate it?" Why are there so many undernourished people in the world? I'm well fed, why aren't they? Remember; if the OP had found the relevant thread, and added to that, this "miserable farangs" theory could be as long as the "Thailand Needs Cricket" thread

SC, the last time we danced this particular dance you and I were accused of being the same person under different aliases, but I dont see this topic disappearing anytime soon. It's a perennial, along with 'How much money will it cost me to live the playboy lifestyle on Upper Suk for the next 30 years' ...... wink.png

OP, I fully expect that you are going to find out just how miserable some folk are on TV - good luck.

I'm just disappointed that the OP chose to clutter up the forum with a new thread, rather than resurrecting an old one; that might at least have brought to light some old-time wisdom (or humour) that might otherwise have faded;

Why do so many people not know how to use the search function? I've been here five years, and I can use it...

OP posted once and its "clutter" you posted the same number here (once) and its.......Gospel?

Think this is a fair question. I have only been here for 18 months but in that time have seen at least half a dozen happy farangs become completely miserable after they were fleeced by girlfriends or wives 20 years their junior and wondered why.

No options. Foreign country and usually no money does not a happy man make I imagine!

You certainly have progressed a lot since last month when you wrote, "Any possibility of a children's table where us trainee expats could have a nice chat away from the grown ups and their problems?"

Very observant of you, sir. Still hoping for said table away from those cited by the OP.

I have yet to meet a miserable young farang.

There's a lot about Thailand that I dislike and I may have a moan about it. That does not make me a miserable person.

In fact I would like to know where the OPs of the various threads making covering this actually meet all these miserable farangs. 99%+ of farangs that I meet seem quite happy.

Maybe the OP would like us all to walk around with a stupid grin all the time?

• Like 1

Right. That's enough of that. Back to the rugby league... Some people just naturally look miserable. Steve McCormack and Brian McDermott are two obvious examples with whom I am sure you were familiar. After winning the Grand Final last year, you could tell he was as happy as larry, whooping inside with joy, but Brian's face remained stuck in his downturned gloomy visage to the extent that he was stuck for words - he couldn't get the words of joy in his heart out, because his mouth was the wrong shape. And Stev McCormack, after qualifying for the Quarter-Finals in the World Cup for the first time, bubbling over with cheer and enthusiasm, but still, an outlook like a Hanging Judge. Some of those chaps sitting quietly at the bar, with their down-turned mouths, furrowed brows and hanging jowls, might actually be quietly blissful in their own unassuming way SC

Steve who ? Brian who ? Not 'obvious examples' to this miserable git ;-) Who are they ?
They're big names on Google. I think they might be on Wikipedia. You can find photos of them on Google, showing their cheery features

SC

Only posted 22 times since you were last banned and had to create this new ID you mean.

There's a lot about Thailand that I dislike and I may have a moan about it. That does not make me a miserable person.

In fact I would like to know where the OPs of the various threads making covering this actually meet all these miserable farangs. 99%+ of farangs that I meet seem quite happy.

Maybe the OP would like us all to walk around with a stupid grin all the time?

We do try.....................

post-41816-0-46930500-1385797555_thumb.j

Hey it's St Andrews day today. Where are all the miserable Scots when you need one?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385797244.628926.jpg

Lang may yer Lump Reek!

To celebrate St Andrew's Day their holding a rather special game of rugby at Old Trafford this afternoon...

Very observant of you, sir. Still hoping for said table away from those cited by the OP.

I have yet to meet a miserable young farang.

Try this.

http://mongerssyndicate.com/2013/01/16/honoring-the-fallen-the-pattaya-flying-club/

Check for sure but I think one or two old guys and 11 young people. RIP.

Edited by thailiketoo

May I point out that during my longish life I have been aware that different nationalities have a totally different ''take'' on humour, really hard to get a smile. Not being derogatory, just my take on stuff that could be deemed as miserable. clap2.gif

Ah-ha ! Now you admit to be being "elderly", and in another post you admitted to suffering , let's say, "hair loss", and I think you once mentioned you don't get around as well as you used to.

I am beginning to paint a picture of you transam, and I can tell you it ain't real pretty ! clap2.gif

Mods help !

Our friends here call some of us "miserable". They do discriminate, don't they ?

Some time ago, you deleted my post (read: censorred), you said I discriminated or offended Russians and Korean people.

So, in general you may offend farrang, as long you shut up about theire country ?

Sent from my PC at home.

May I point out that during my longish life I have been aware that different nationalities have a totally different ''take'' on humour, really hard to get a smile. Not being derogatory, just my take on stuff that could be deemed as miserable. clap2.gif

Ah-ha ! Now you admit to be being "elderly", and in another post you admitted to suffering , let's say, "hair loss", and I think you once mentioned you don't get around as well as you used to.

I am beginning to paint a picture of you transam, and I can tell you it ain't real pretty ! clap2.gif

Hmmmmm, what would you say if I told you I go weight lifting .......whistling.gif ...........smile.png .....It's true. Even for this old, hairless, thing.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Hmmmmm, what would you say if I told you I go weight lifting .......whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.JK8Lccs1AO.gi ...........xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN.png .....It's true. Even for this old, hairless, thing.thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

I'll have to get back to you before I respond to your claim of being a weightlifter. Have to change the picture of you. Not sure if it is going to look better or worse. whistling.gif

And Nokbkk, congratulations, only posted 2 comments and one of them was deleted/censored for offending Russians and Koreans. Must be some kind of record. clap2.gif

Mods help !

Our friends here call some of us "miserable". They do discriminate, don't they ?

Some time ago, you deleted my post (read: censorred), you said I discriminated or offended Russians and Korean people.

So, in general you may offend farrang, as long you shut up about theire country ?

Sent from my PC at home.

First rule of Fight Club is that we don't get to question moderation decisions, but its usually open season on Thai people and other Farang, especially Farang whose lifestyle choices don't align with your own.

Hmmmmm, what would you say if I told you I go weight lifting .......whistling.gif ...........smile.png .....It's true. Even for this old, hairless, thing.thumbsup.gif

You would not be the first.....here's a picture of a 64 year old grandpa weightlifter

post-190189-0-53978400-1385803795_thumb.

• Like 1

May I point out that during my longish life I have been aware that different nationalities have a totally different ''take'' on humour, really hard to get a smile. Not being derogatory, just my take on stuff that could be deemed as miserable. clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif alt=clap2.gif width=31 height=25>

I am beginning to paint a picture of you transam, and I can tell you it ain't real pretty ! clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif alt=clap2.gif width=31 height=25>

Hmmmmm, what would you say if I told you I go weight lifting .......xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18> ...........xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN.png .....It's true. Even for this old, hairless, thing.thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

You would not be the first.....here's a picture of a 64 year old grandpa weightlifter

Please tell me that is not you in the picture above, transam.............................................w00t.gif