Miserable farangs.........

SimonF

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's my turn to post the "Why are there so many people concerned about the misery of others, yet not willing to do anything to alleviate it?" Why are there so many undernourished people in the world? I'm well fed, why aren't they? Remember; if the OP had found the relevant thread, and added to that, this "miserable farangs" theory could be as long as the "Thailand Needs Cricket" thread

SC, the last time we danced this particular dance you and I were accused of being the same person under different aliases, but I dont see this topic disappearing anytime soon. It's a perennial, along with 'How much money will it cost me to live the playboy lifestyle on Upper Suk for the next 30 years' ...... ;)

OP, I fully expect that you are going to find out just how miserable some folk are on TV - good luck.

I think it's my turn to post the "Why are there so many people concerned about the misery of others, yet not willing to do anything to alleviate it?" Why are there so many undernourished people in the world? I'm well fed, why aren't they? Remember; if the OP had found the relevant thread, and added to that, this "miserable farangs" theory could be as long as the "Thailand Needs Cricket" thread

SC, the last time we danced this particular dance you and I were accused of being the same person under different aliases, but I dont see this topic disappearing anytime soon. It's a perennial, along with 'How much money will it cost me to live the playboy lifestyle on Upper Suk for the next 30 years' ...... ;)

OP, I fully expect that you are going to find out just how miserable some folk are on TV - good luck.

I'm just disappointed that the OP chose to clutter up the forum with a new thread, rather than resurrecting an old one; that might at least have brought to light some old-time wisdom (or humour) that might otherwise have faded;

Why do so many people not know how to use the search function? I've been here five years, and I can use it...

• Like 2

SC, the last time we danced this particular dance you and I were accused of being the same person under different aliases, but I dont see this topic disappearing anytime soon. It's a perennial, along with 'How much money will it cost me to live the playboy lifestyle on Upper Suk for the next 30 years' ...... wink.png

I'm just disappointed that the OP chose to clutter up the forum with a new thread, rather than resurrecting an old one; that might at least have brought to light some old-time wisdom (or humour) that might otherwise have faded;

Why do so many people not know how to use the search function? I've been here five years, and I can use it...

But I like a weekly tyre pressure debate..............thumbsup.gif ....................laugh.png

• Like 2

when shit happens sometimes it helps to get it out in the open, saying that a lot are just downright misserable bastards full stop. There will always be something that happens that makes you want to tell the world, be it good news or a bitch about something, just as long as you get it off your chest. Most of us are very happy with living here but we do have the occasional bad thing happen and rather than let it fester/dwell on it, you get it out in the open then you can let it go so that you are good again, then we have those that are simply shitty about everything so they need to complain constantly or run people down to make themselves feel good. There will always be those that are simply not happy unless they are bitching, causing other people grief, we just have to accept it, move on with our own lives and ignore them.

• Like 1

Right. That's enough of that. Back to the rugby league...

Some people just naturally look miserable. Steve McCormack and Brian McDermott are two obvious examples with whom I am sure you were familiar.

After winning the Grand Final last year, you could tell he was as happy as larry, whooping inside with joy, but Brian's face remained stuck in his downturned gloomy visage to the extent that he was stuck for words - he couldn't get the words of joy in his heart out, because his mouth was the wrong shape.

And Stev McCormack, after qualifying for the Quarter-Finals in the World Cup for the first time, bubbling over with cheer and enthusiasm, but still, an outlook like a Hanging Judge.

Some of those chaps sitting quietly at the bar, with their down-turned mouths, furrowed brows and hanging jowls, might actually be quietly blissful in their own unassuming way

SC

• Like 1

This one come around again so soon.....oh well!

If the OP wants more and varied answers just do a search, this has been done to death, but hey," play it again Sam"

Perhaps you didn't notice I've only posted 22 times on here? You didn't write "wait until you've been here 20 years" but your comment was more or less the same thing.....

• Like 1

This one come around again so soon.....oh well!

If the OP wants more and varied answers just do a search, this has been done to death, but hey," play it again Sam"

Perhaps you didn't notice I've only posted 22 times on here? You didn't write "wait until you've been here 20 years" but your comment was more or less the same thing.....
A low number of posts, or even being a member here for just 6 months means nothing ! You may have been on the sidelines for years for all I know, you may have another identity too, Here you assume nothing !

Assume nothing, but speculate everything.

Who do you reckon will be the video referee for the World Cup Final?

Do you think they will have a piper at Old Trafford because it's St Andrews Night?

SC

May I point out that during my longish life I have been aware that different nationalities have a totally different ''take'' on humour, really hard to get a smile. Not being derogatory, just my take on stuff that could be deemed as miserable. smile.png

• Like 2

May I point out that during my longish life I have been aware that different nationalities have a totally different ''take'' on humour, really hard to get a smile. Not being derogatory, just my take on stuff that could be deemed as miserable. smile.png

Very true! Also its difficult at times to see the sentiment or intention of a post, with no facial expression, no tone, just words on a page that may have been written by someone whos first language isnt english, there is no way of really knowing and therefore easy to mistake or misinterpret what was intended.

Was it what was said or how you interpreted it ? ?......who knows, the reaction to a reply is often is the only

clue.

They say 90% of communication is non verbal !

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 2

Very true! Also its difficult at times to see the sentiment or intention of a post, with no facial expression, no tone, just words on a page that may have been written by someone whos first language isnt english, there is no way of really knowing and therefore easy to mistake or misinterpret what was intended.

Was it what was said or how you interpreted it ? ?......who knows, the reaction to a reply is often is the only

clue.

How true..........Sometimes I write stuff which I am sure has been taken the wrong way. Recently a guy posted I was a wife beater blink.png , how he came to that conclusion really did baffle me as my wife beats me.............laugh.png

• Like 2

clue.

How true..........Sometimes I write stuff which I am sure has been taken the wrong way. Recently a guy posted I was a wife beater blink.png , how he came to that conclusion really did baffle me as my wife beats me.............laugh.png

And others try to beat you when you sing ! ?........apparently..!

clue.

And I bet you enjoy it biggrin.png

clue.

And I bet you enjoy it biggrin.png

Lets not go into that eh..............giggle.gif

I think some though not all could be miserable because they haven't achieved everything they would have liked to in their lives and are probably feeling extreme frustration. This could be for a whole host of reasons, such as wasting opportunities, living their lives according to other peoples standards, etc.

I think people who aren't miserable are more at peace with themselves and can look back at their lives and feel a sense of achievement and contentment.

Because they were miserable when they arrived,you can not run away from emotional problems.

You must clean up a mess not sweep it from one corner to another.

Those that did clean their slate will enjoy Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Naw. I came to Thailand because I don't like Christmas. Solved. I came to Thailand because I didn't like my ex wives hitting me up for money. Solved. I came to Thailand because my GF's father wanted to kill me. Solved. And a couple of more like that but you get the drift. I came to Thailand because I like New Years, Thailand has three New Years.

I personally think the people who don't like Thailand don't live in Thailand. They come on here and fake it to try and make the people who do live here feel bad and leave. Misery loves company.biggrin.png