BNE ONE?

mizztraveller

I've often wondered what 'KOBBY' meant. Apparently many people in Bangkok do too as my g/f said there were many inquiries from Thais visiting C.M. on Facebook who saw the KOBBY stickers everywhere. Also, google was no help. Then I read in Citylife (I think) that KOBBY is a "famous" tagger or graffiti artist 'from the Chang Phuek area'. Go figure!

The B.N.E. has a private meaning to the guy who is spreading the graffiti worldwide. He refuses to divulge what it means and no one knows of his identity.

He is wanted by the law in many countries and there are rewards out for his capture. It is known that he wears a black coat and covers his head with a black hood. A mystery figure.

Read the full details here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/09/nyregion/09bne.html?_r=0

re

I've often wondered what 'KOBBY' meant. Apparently many people in Bangkok do too as my g/f said there were many inquiries from Thais visiting C.M. on Facebook who saw the KOBBY stickers everywhere. Also, google was no help

dave2 to the rescue .. maybe ?

is it this transport / moving company ?

dave2

ps .. if hes a famous graffiti artist his are a bit dull compared to others in chiang mai :(

post-42592-0-15246100-1385776678_thumb.j

post-42592-0-45641300-1385776712_thumb.j

post-42592-0-54298300-1385776758_thumb.j

During and post World War II the graffiti announcing "Kilroy was here," puzzled many as to its origin and why it spread to so many places.

300px-Kilroy_Was_Here_-_Washington_DC_WW

Kilroy was here is an American popular culture expression that became popular during World War II; it is typically seen in graffiti. Its origins are debated, but the phrase and the distinctive accompanying doodle — a bald-headed man (sometimes depicted as having a few hairs) with a prominent nose peeking over a wall with the fingers of each hand clutching the wall — became associated with GIs in the 1940s.

In the United Kingdom, the graffiti is known as "Mr Chad" or just "Chad", and the Australian equivalent to the phrase is "Foo was here". "Foo was here" might date from World War I, and the character of Chad may have derived from a British cartoonist in 1938, possibly pre-dating "Kilroy was here". Etymologist Dave Wilton says, "Some time during the war, Chad and Kilroy met, and in the spirit of Allied unity merged, with the British drawing appearing over the American phrase."[1] "Foo was here" became popular amongst Australian schoolchildren of post-war generations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilroy_was_here

With possible origins explored here: http://www.snopes.com/language/phrases/kilroy.asp

During and post World War II the graffiti announcing "Kilroy was here," puzzled many as to its origin and why it spread to so many places.

300px-Kilroy_Was_Here_-_Washington_DC_WW

Beats carrying the Gnome around for a photo opportunity.

155342_631978772530_21902759_36782314_55

Sorry ... couldn't find a smaller image.