Court does not rule who killed three red-shirt guards in Lumpini park

webfact

Court does not rule who killed three red-shirt guards in Lumpini park

BANGKOK: -- The Criminal Court on Friday issued a ruling on the death of three red-shirt followers during the military crackdown on red-shirt protesters in May 2010.

The three red-shirt guards, identified as Piyawong Kittiwong, Prachuab Silaphan and Somsak Silarat were killed inside the Lumpini park on May 14, 2010, by gun shots.

The court said that troops from the 23rd cavalry battalion of the Royal Guards were operating on the Rama IV road, in the Lumpini park and in the vicinity of Lumpini police station.

Piyawong and Somsak were killed by .223 calibre or 5.56 mm gunshots fired from the direction of Wireless or Rama IV road while Prachuab died of unspecified caliber of gunshot.

The court ruled that it could not be determined who fired the shots which killed the three red-shirt guards.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/court-rule-killed-three-red-shirt-guards-lumpini-park/

-- Thai PBS 2013-11-30

It is very disturbing to be reminded that Thai people armed with high velocity rifles and murder on their minds can and do turn-up at events almost anywhere and take lives.

It is a very american thing that Thai's have picked up upon to validate their love of mindless violence. In this case they turn up at Lumpini park to take out a few harmless redshirts. I hope they rot in hell.

• Like 1

It is very disturbing to be reminded that Thai people armed with high velocity rifles and murder on their minds can and do turn-up at events almost anywhere and take lives.

It is a very american thing that Thai's have picked up upon to validate their love of mindless violence. In this case they turn up at Lumpini park to take out a few harmless redshirts. I hope they rot in hell.

"It is very disturbing to be reminded that Thai people armed with high velocity rifles and murder on their minds can and do turn-up at events almost anywhere and take lives."

Well that's the RTA for you, been doing it on a regular basis for the 47yrs I've been coming here.

• Like 1

Do you mean like the "harmless" red shirt caught by BBC firing on the approaching soldiers?

5.56mm is M16..who uses them in Thailand

Pro-Thaksin men in black used them in addition to AK47s and M69 grenade launchers.

Incidentally the Thai army use AK47s as well as M16s and other assault rifles. So calibre of high velocity round is not definitive evidence.

The court should not be involved in determining "who" did the shooting. That's a police and detective affair. The court would then rule guilty or not guilty with those individuals charged by the criminal state attorney after both the state and defense present their evidence to the court. This is where Thais have it all backwards to pander to their corrupted system. The newspaper is no better by just printing this tripe without ever challenging it.

Do you mean like the "harmless" red shirt caught by BBC firing on the approaching soldiers?

Link please.

On that sad day in 2010 I was on Phetchaburi road and several red shirt supporters where firing machine guns from under the walkover bridges, towards to soldiers who were at Armari Watergate.

I had film footage on my mobile, and when I handed that over to police, they erased it from my phone, and threatened me.

and then some people are talking here about Whitewash????

Apparently some people are naive enough to believe that only the Army possesses M-16 ammo. clap2.gif

....................................."to take out a few harmless redshirts........................................" cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This forum is worth gold ! The funniest material on the 'net............clap2.gif

• Like 1

This cartridge is used in many different weapons, not only the M16. The M16 is used by the military, the police and other security units. Thousands of weapons have been stolen from military units thought the country. These weapons have also come in from Cambodia Weapons that use this NATO round are also used by weapons manufactured thought the world to include AK. HK, Isuzi and singer.