Yingluck asks protesters to leave her son alone, as Harrow school denies any breach of security

Lite Beer

This thread has managed to stay live despite the facts being ignored, namely the child is not in the country and nothing actually happened...

The child I believe goes to Harrow Int in BKK, if the child wasn't at that school then the Headmaster would've said so. Why do you keep saying the child isn't in the country, have you told his parents and the school? They may be concerned.

Another poster lied and said a major Bangkok Newspaper had contradicted the Harrow story. The child not at school and a major newspaper contradicting the story. Simple lies. Even if one likes the yellow shirts and does not like the current government lies by supporters would turn off most honest men off.

Another poster opened a thread that said Yingluck had gone to South Africa to shop. In this day and age of instant media checking one wonders what age group would try to discredit the Prime Minister with such obvious and noxious falsehoods. It stinks. It's adolescent and it's insulting to the readers of Thai Visa

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluck is accused of being clueless as regards politics, but didn't even realize that her son has been at school in the UK since the beginning of lent term in September.

I heard this.

Where is he? Harrow in London? Or is the nation fibbing about this?

The article says Harrow International School. There is a branch in Bangkok. The following is from their website:

"Saturday 30th November

Dear Parents,

In the past 24 hours there have been rumours circulating about politically motivated attempted security breaches at School. These rumours are untrue.

None the less, today we have reviewed security at School and will ensure that all staff are vigilant in order to ensure the children's safety.

The School will be open on Monday 2nd December as planned. We are closely monitoring the situation and will advise you accordingly.

I request that all parents support the School by ensuring that no politics are brought on Campus. Our School is a place for children to enjoy learning.

Thank you.

Michael Farley

Head Master"

The head teacher is talking about a breach of security. That is not what was claimed in the original article. It is possible then for them both to be correct.

The annual tuition fees for young Master S are in the region of 577,000 Baht per year before all the extras are added on to the bill. It is more than likely, then, that the parents of some of the other students are not fond of the present government. A small number of those parents might well have behaved so disgracefully.

You cannot believe what you read on Social media. The wife just told me that she has read that "immigration officials confirm that Yingluck has left the country by car". Others say she is in Johannesburg ( she was supposed to have cancelled that trip a month ago), and some say Russia.

The only thing that is certain is that she is absent from her duties as PM ..... as usual.

You know that for certain? Tell the truth. What do you know for certain? Were you with her today?

What do you mean "Do I know for certain"?

A prime minister should be on TV reassuring her people. Especially after Suthep ( a leader od the oppostion or whatever you choose to call it) is live on all TV channels calling for a national strike.

Can you imagine anywhere else in the world where this would happen???

Yingluck is accused of being clueless as regards politics, but didn't even realize that her son has been at school in the UK since the beginning of lent term in September.

I heard this.

The article says Harrow International School. There is a branch in Bangkok. The following is from their website: "Saturday 30th November

Dear Parents,

In the past 24 hours there have been rumours circulating about politically motivated attempted security breaches at School. These rumours are untrue.

None the less, today we have reviewed security at School and will ensure that all staff are vigilant in order to ensure the children's safety.

The School will be open on Monday 2nd December as planned. We are closely monitoring the situation and will advise you accordingly.

I request that all parents support the School by ensuring that no politics are brought on Campus. Our School is a place for children to enjoy learning.

Thank you.

Michael Farley

Head Master"

The head teacher is talking about a breach of security. That is not what was claimed in the original article. It is possible then for them both to be correct.

The annual tuition fees for young Master S are in the region of 577,000 Baht per year before all the extras are added on to the bill. It is more than likely, then, that the parents of some of the other students are not fond of the present government. A small number of those parents might well have behaved so disgracefully.

Exactly. What do you expect head master to say? I see a carefully worded statement by the head master that skirted the real issue, addressed something entirely different and a bunch of guilable easily manipulated people jumping to conclusions neither supported by any confirmed facts or the head master's statement. No wonder things are so jacked up there and Thais look down on farrangs considering how some of you guys think and act over something like this.

• Like 1

I heard this.

The article says Harrow International School. There is a branch in Bangkok. The following is from their website: "Saturday 30th November

Dear Parents,

Thank you.

Michael Farley

Head Master"

Exactly. What do you expect head master to say? I see a carefully worded statement by the head master that skirted the real issue, addressed something entirely different and a bunch of guilable easily manipulated people jumping to conclusions neither supported by any confirmed facts or the head master's statement. No wonder things are so jacked up there and Thais look down on farrangs considering how some of you guys think and act over something like this.

And for the Head Master to say "today we have reviewed security at School and will ensure that all staff are vigilant in order to ensure the children's safety."

Can the teachers themselves ensure the security of the children with a mob of this magnitude?

I know you're joking but I guess Eton doesn't have an international branch like Harrow, so young Supasek is following in the steps of many Thai royal princes having been educated at Harrow in the U.K.

I am sure when he's grown his English skill will surpass that of his mother.

Just wondering why you are talking about UK...... Farley is the headmaster of Harrow, opened in 1998 and now located near Rangsit in Bangkok

"I won’t run away. I'm still here. Although I am a woman, I won't run. I dare to face all the incidents.

She dares, from a secure bunker, behind a phalanx of bodyguards, bomb-proof glass, sonic crowd-dispersal cannons, and with one of the private jets fuelled-up just incase.

Remind us again what the leader of any western government would do in a similar situation? She's the leader of the country whatever your personal view of Thai politics is. She has a duty to protect herself in the same way that the POTUS or the British Prime Minister would do.

Very interesting.

The TOP experts verdict cannot be wrong?

WOW... this is the way to go - nowhere on this planet would you find one place with so many 'experts' at one given time.

thumbsup.gif

That's why I come on here. Everyone needs a think tank for those days mother told you about. smile.png

Thaksinistas have the Nittirat Group, democrats have TV. wink.png

• Like 2

You cannot believe what you read on Social media. The wife just told me that she has read that "immigration officials confirm that Yingluck has left the country by car". Others say she is in Johannesburg ( she was supposed to have cancelled that trip a month ago), and some say Russia.

The only thing that is certain is that she is absent from her duties as PM ..... as usual.

You know that for certain? Tell the truth. What do you know for certain? Were you with her today?

What do you mean "Do I know for certain"?

A prime minister should be on TV reassuring her people. Especially after Suthep ( a leader od the oppostion or whatever you choose to call it) is live on all TV channels calling for a national strike.

Can you imagine anywhere else in the world where this would happen???

The topic of what she is doing right now is here, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/685411-suthep-declares-december-1-as-peoples-victory-day/page-9#entry7108230 She was in a meeting with Suthep.

This topic is about her son.

• Like 1

My sympathies go out to the young lad if indeed he is being harassed at school. He did not choose his parents or his uncle. He can't change them. He probably had little choice when it came to deciding what school he went to. My only hope is that Harrow teaches him well and that he turns out to be a far better person than his family are i.e convicted criminal on the run and pseudo P.M. who doesn't know when to give up and resign.

My sympathies go out to the young lad if indeed he is being harassed at school. He did not choose his parents or his uncle. He can't change them. He probably had little choice when it came to deciding what school he went to. My only hope is that Harrow teaches him well and that he turns out to be a far better person than his family are i.e convicted criminal on the run and pseudo P.M. who doesn't know when to give up and resign.

I read in the BP this story was a complete fabrication, along with all the other bullshit being posted from many and various 'news' sources here whistling.gif

• Like 2

So a mother supposedly blew a whistle close to her son...... Any normal parent would not bring this into public. These issues you solve internally with the school unless you want to instigate hatred towards people.

The school has been brought into an uncomfortable situation. The kid has to go back there and everybody will be talking about the incident. Can't imagine it makes the boy's life easier. And on top of it everybody knows where the boy studies.

This proofs again that Yingluck is a not capable of managing any kind of situation (unless the whole thing is a set up and she knows her son will leave the school soon).

Edited by Nickymaster

I read in the BP this story was a complete fabrication, along with all the other bullshit being posted from many and various 'news' sources here xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.ZBoTdH8LFs.w alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

...and where are you reading this? I just went through the News"- section of the BP back until Thursday and couldn't find anything.

Also there is no prove by that other guy, who constantly claims, that the boy is not even in Thailand.

I started out being very sceptical about this story...not so much anymore, with all this non- prove!

So a mother supposedly blew a whistle close to her son...... Any normal parent would not bring this into public. These issues you solve internally with the school unless you want to instigate hatred towards people.

The school has been brought into an uncomfortable situation. The kid has to go back there and everybody will be talking about the incident. Can't imagine it makes the boy's life easier. And on top of it everybody knows where the boy studies.

This proofs again that Yingluck is a not capable of managing any kind of situation (unless the whole thing is a set up and she knows her son will leave the school soon).

The school is in an uncomfortable situation?

Yeah...poor school- screw the boy!

I read in the BP this story was a complete fabrication, along with all the other bullshit being posted from many and various 'news' sources here xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.ZBoTdH8LFs.w alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

...and where are you reading this? I just went through the News"- section of the BP back until Thursday and couldn't find anything.

Also there is no prove by that other guy, who constantly claims, that the boy is not even in Thailand.

I started out being very sceptical about this story...not so much anymore, with all this non- prove!

The school is in an uncomfortable situation?

Yeah...poor school- screw the boy!

I tried to teach you something Mr. Impulsive but with a comment like that I will give up.

• Like 1

I too have friends who's children study at Harrow Bangkok. From what I have been told, a parent made some comments to yingluks sons security guards when they dropped him off at school yesterday. The lady is wrong to have made a political statement at his school, give the boy a break it's nothing to do with him, school should be a safe place he should enjoy with his friends. This woman should be asked to leave the school for expressing / directing her political views in this manner and for making such a problem, from what I have heard, and excellent school.

I read in the BP this story was a complete fabrication, along with all the other bullshit being posted from many and various 'news' sources here whistling.gif

The above post is a complete fabrication.

The above post is a complete fabrication.

Stupid newspaper. Now all the protesters know that her son goes to harrow.

Ah so Yingluck is responsible. Thank you for pointing this out as I don't think this would have occurred to most people.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app