Someone clocked at Friendship

Suradit69

Just doing some shopping at Friendship. Some loud farang was shouting at a bag boy, who was smaller than him, and chest butting the boy out the main door. Not sure if he was drunk, but he was acting the part. Another farang was trying to calm him down and then he came back to the check out still making noise and was carrying on about the boy wanting him to pay for some eggs.

The farang then comes up with classic line to the other farang ... "it's not the money it's the principle." I couldn't fathom what principle was involved. Anyway he paid for his stuff, headed out the door, still being noisy. Then everyone near the front door made a bit of noise and sort of froze staring at the parking lot.

When I left the farang was seated in the parking lot with a security propping him up and blood gushing from his nose. Not sure who clocked him. He certainly managed make a fool of himself whatever the supposed principle was. He obviously thought his slight size advantage made him intimidating.

Absent the whole story I can't say for certain he was at fault or if he really was as drunk as he seemed, but somebody definitely gave him a different principle to think about.

Edited by Suradit69

Some Thai guys may have been waiting on him. It's looks like it's the same old story. Farang disrespects a Thai man. Thai mans gets friends. You know the rest of the story.

"It's looks like it's the same old story"

I think you mean the same old fairy tale designed to save farang face.

The bag boy never got anyone to do anything. He remained at the checkout until the farang's stuff was bagged and he paid, so he couldn't have had a chance to organize anything. And in the parking lot the security guard was trying to help the farang.

There seems to be some myth that super-farang can only be dropped when set upon by a gang. The boy may have followed him out or the loud mouth might have pissed off someone else on his way out, but there was no organized reprisal by some gang of friends.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

Some Thai guys may have been waiting on him. It's looks like it's the same old story. Farang disrespects a Thai man. Thai mans gets friends. You know the rest of the story.

The bag boy never got anyone to do anything. He remained at the checkout until the farang's stuff was bagged and he paid, so he couldn't have had a chance to organize anything. And in the parking lot the security guard was trying to help the farang.

There seems to be some myth that super-farang can only be dropped when set upon by a gang. The boy may have followed him out or the loud mouth might have pissed off someone else on his way out, but there was no organized reprisal by some gang of friends.

I would guess this incident was at Friendship in Pattaya Thai? I go to the one on Pattaya Klang nearly every early morning & have observed Westeners being extremely rude, but the staff nor security never physically retaliate, just call the police if it gets too much. Once saw a Westener get a beating at Pattaya Thai by the security guys for stealing.

Edited by simple1

I would guess this incident was at Friendship in Pattaya Thai? I go to the one on Pattaya Klang nearly every early morning & have observed Westeners being extremely rude, but the staff nor security never physically retaliate, just call the police. Once saw a Westener get a beating at Pattaya Thai by the security guys for stealing.

Friendship opened another store? do tell

A principle could be that the advertised prises at the shelf are the same as when you actually have to pay for it ...

Mistakes happen and not end of world, just put the eggs back or pay for them. No need to get aggressive with the poor bag boy.

Anyway, we don't know what caused the falang to lose his cool.

• Like 1

I would guess this incident was at Friendship in Pattaya Thai? I go to the one on Pattaya Klang nearly every early morning & have observed Westeners being extremely rude, but the staff nor security never physically retaliate, just call the police. Once saw a Westener get a beating at Pattaya Thai by the security guys for stealing.

Friendship opened another store? do tell

Oops, my error Foodland, Pattaya Klang

Another reason I avoid any shopping at the weekend when all the hungover pensioners, weekend millionaires and assorted farang riff raff are cluttering up the aisles. Not to mention those in their dotage who can't tell their Friendships' from their Foodland's.

• Like 1

Another reason I avoid any shopping at the weekend when all the hungover pensioners, weekend millionaires and assorted farang riff raff are cluttering up the aisles. Not to mention those in their dotage who can't tell their Friendships' from their Foodland's.

Definitely not a member of the riff raff brigade and so on, but sadly my last remaining brain cells do create some challenges...

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

When I first lived in Jomtien thirty years ago, I tried not to go into Pattaya (they were separate then ) too often as the farangs were not exactly the best mannered people there! What's new?!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Agreed Aveabeeror2. I have been in and out of Jomtien for five years now. I have never had a problem. But I make it a point to be polite to everyone.

Do you also wei the taxi drivers and checkout/cashier girls?

I certainly do. I feel better and they feel better. What's so bad about that? I'm a guest in a foreign land and respect to my hosts (all of them) is my default position. Behave the same in my own country too. It always makes me laugh inside when I see someone badmouthing waiters or waitresses in a restaurant or shop staff. Its' a sure way to get poor service (or someone pi**ing in your soup).

• Like 2

Agreed Aveabeeror2. I have been in and out of Jomtien for five years now. I have never had a problem. But I make it a point to be polite to everyone.

Do you also wei the taxi drivers and checkout/cashier girls?

I certainly do. I feel better and they feel better. What's so bad about that? I'm a guest in a foreign land and respect to my hosts (all of them) is my default position. Behave the same in my own country too. It always makes me laugh inside when I see someone badmouthing waiters or waitresses in a restaurant or shop staff. Its' a sure way to get poor service (or someone pi**ing in your soup).

Good for you, you can now educate yourself little about Thai culture to earn some more respect.

So in your own country, you go up to cashier when she is bagging your groceries and shake her hand?

When you hope into a taxi, before you say anything, you shake drivers hand?

When a waiter comes to take your order, you get up and shake his/her hand?