Thai protest leader meets PM, refuses to back down

Lite Beer

Thailand needs to grow up, and realise nothing can be achieved from this. Neither party wins .. you only replace one fool for another. When do you eventually decide enough is enough, when will there be peace in this country ? Can somebody tell us what will it take to realise that all this suffering will only be in vain. How much blood has to be spilt for you to realise this is not the solution ?

At the heart of Thailand lies deep-rooted corruption, so profound it will break this country into two. This disease must be irradicated otherwise this problem will never go away. Thais fighting Thais is complete madness, the only solution is to settle your differences in a coherent and civilised manner. History has told us that violence breeds violence, and as leaders, you are obliged to learn from the mistakes of others otherwise there will be a repetition of mayhem and chaos. You have taken an oath to uphold the law of the land, and will be held responsible without good reason, if you drag this country into a full blown civil war.

Edited by useronthenet
  • Like 2

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I did not mean to confuse you. I meant to carry on in line with the constitution he would run in an election and have a decent chance of winning it. He would not have the same kind of minority government as he did in the past. The people would not be electing all those same crools thiis time. There is of course the brain dead who would vote straight PTPredshirt but there are a lot of people who are no longer willing to put up with Thaksin. That includes red shirts.

To be honest you are among the last of as dying breed. The sooner the breed is gone the better. Unfortunately it will probably take two generations to eradicate you completely but it will happen. So enjoy it while the check book is open. It will close and you will loose some of your allies.

/

Mmmm do you speak of me by saying a dying breed? Because i think Abhisit does not have a chance to win any election?

Unfortunatly if this is the case you are not a dying breed cause most of your breed think that if you don t agree with you and the "democrats are the good ones" you have to be pro red...The fact is Abhisit does not stand any chance in a future election cause for the red ones (which i do not support neither) will see in him the one who triggered the killings in 2010.

You also mention there was no Coup in 2006, but history and world news seem to think otherwise so maybe you should teach us all what is the real story.

But of course if this is the only way for you to have a constructive discussion with people who do not agree with you then please be my guest

Whoa.... hold on there chief.

It's like finding the source of the Nile.

All, and I really do mean all of Thailand's troubles over the last decade or so have one source, the rest are merely tributaries.

did i say otherwise ?

Why do people always say the government was elected? They PAID for there votes…. That is Not democratic. That is Corruption…and that is what the Yingluck Government is.

I suspect a lot of votes were paid for on both sides but I believe outside observers which the Democrats allowed in backed the election in general. Where they might be more vulnerable is Thaksin's apparent involvement in the government as he wasn't elected and despite their claims that the various attempts at an amnesty weren't for his benefit it's very difficult to see it any other way.

Thaksin has overstepped the mark before by giving speeches that focus on himself rather than the rank and file red shirts and had to apologise. The last amnesty attempt was a pretty desperate affair as the inclusion of Abhisit and Suthep went against the promise of justice for those killed in 2010. I'm sure the government had hoped that their inclusion would have bought their cooperation but it didn't. The problem then is that all the cases I've seen so far have shown the army to be responsible whilst not observing the ROE. There's no way they want to go down that route.

It looks as if the rejection of the amnesty by so many red shirts as well as the opposition made it look like the ideal time to have a push at the government and whilst the protests were peaceful it was working although not likely to unseat the PTP. I think Suthep has done what he does best and rallied protesters together but he seems to have got to a stage where his actions are going too far and don't seem to be practical. If there could have been some agreement with the less hard-line PTP members then things may have gone better but right now it's just looking like a threat to what little democracy there was.

Farangs are often accused of not understanding the Thai need to save face. That's not true. The art of negotiation is to provide a solution that doesn't involve either side losing face. This is well known in western countries but it doesn't seem to be here. Suthep's entrenched position won't achieve anything useful for that reason so is pointless. the same happened in 2010 when Abhisit offered early elections as a compromise but the reds shirts just wanted their own way. The PTP government was delayed by that decision.

• Like 2

Solution: Break up the country, make Bangkok a HiSo Chic Lakorn joke, and Chiang Mai the Capitol, cut the crap, this IS what we need, two Thailands, good for the tourists, good for the thai, more money to be made that way, right? Solly, drank too mutt laokhao with them motosai taxiboys down the soi, I got it from them...

Edited by wilailuk
  • Like 2

Sorry I did not mean to confuse you. I meant to carry on in line with the constitution he would run in an election and have a decent chance of winning it. He would not have the same kind of minority government as he did in the past. The people would not be electing all those same crools thiis time. There is of course the brain dead who would vote straight PTPredshirt but there are a lot of people who are no longer willing to put up with Thaksin. That includes red shirts.

To be honest you are among the last of as dying breed. The sooner the breed is gone the better. Unfortunately it will probably take two generations to eradicate you completely but it will happen. So enjoy it while the check book is open. It will close and you will loose some of your allies.

/

Mmmm do you speak of me by saying a dying breed? Because i think Abhisit does not have a chance to win any election?

Unfortunatly if this is the case you are not a dying breed cause most of your breed think that if you don t agree with you and the "democrats are the good ones" you have to be pro red...The fact is Abhisit does not stand any chance in a future election cause for the red ones (which i do not support neither) will see in him the one who triggered the killings in 2010.

You also mention there was no Coup in 2006, but history and world news seem to think otherwise so maybe you should teach us all what is the real story.

But of course if this is the only way for you to have a constructive discussion with people who do not agree with you then please be my guest

The red shirts are arguing amongst them selves now. they called a temporary peace when Thaksin opened his check book.

Pay attention in two of the last three elections all in red shirt strongholds the democrats have won the one they did not win was in Chiang Mai to Thaksins sister and even then they did not get as many votes as they had in the last election.

History and world news can tell you any thing they want to.

Pay attention see how 2010 has not changed one bit but the story history is telling us is being rewritten.

Explain how you can have a coup when you have no Prime Minister?

Don't buy into the BS being put out to change the records of what happened. We are not far enough away for that to happen with the supposed 2006 coup there are still people who were alive then. Give it another generation and it will be called a bloody coup.

Do you get all your information from the Nation. Don't get me wrong they do on occasion come up with some really good stuff but most of it if you take the time to read past the headline is drivel, Many times the article has nothing to do with the headline.

Pay attention.

YIngluk could take heat out of all this by simply dissolving parliament and calling new elections but of course Taksin wont allow that since he knows this is probably his last chance and he's quite willing to cause whatever simply to cling on.

I can understand anyone simply refusing to accept anything but total dispersal of the evil Taksin clan and none could trust a word they would say. Taksin has said so many times hell stay away from politics, he resigned and then withdrew that and has broken every promise so its understandable for Suphet to refuse any dealings at all.

How common people will take this I don't know but I do know Taksin has caused so much angst and hatred against him and his clan from normal ordinary people that they are simply totally fed up with him and want him and lot out.

One man and his megalomaniac ego has caused all this and its probably now a war to the end. It is simply not possible to compromise with this government who cock a snoop and openly say they wont recognise court decisions.

Actually PT spokespeople have offered to do exactly that: Dissolve the house. Suthep is not interested.

/

Whoa.... hold on there chief.

It's like finding the source of the Nile.

All, and I really do mean all of Thailand's troubles over the last decade or so have one source, the rest are merely tributaries.

did i say otherwise ?

Hinted maybe, what is your stance?

What is your solution to this mess?

Edited by Thaddeus

Why do people always say the government was elected? They PAID for there votes. That is Not democratic. That is Corruptionand that is what the Yingluck Government is.

That's as maybe. I think ironically, removing them for incompetence and corruption is justified. Problem is, they have Suthep to do it, and no one really capable of replacing them,

"I told Yingluck that this is the only and last time I see her until power is handed over to the people,"

"The People", in this case not including the four dead people who died for this "cause". Who sounds like were probably students / young protesters ie. kids pretty much. And for what? Power handed over? How? Why? To who? Is the abstract concept of "power" worth even a grazed knee on a young person, much less their whole future life erased. For nothing. Nothing has been achieved. The massprotest large number of people on the street, for a day, was an achievement and a powerful statement. Everything since then has been tragic, stupid, pointless.

Well to be absolutely frank, small fish (the kids) shouldn't be swimming amongst "the sharks" (the protesters). Students should not interfere in politics, if the students want to change things they must relies it can only be through education, and not by force.

YIngluk could take heat out of all this by simply dissolving parliament and calling new elections but of course Taksin wont allow that since he knows this is probably his last chance and he's quite willing to cause whatever simply to cling on.

I can understand anyone simply refusing to accept anything but total dispersal of the evil Taksin clan and none could trust a word they would say. Taksin has said so many times hell stay away from politics, he resigned and then withdrew that and has broken every promise so its understandable for Suphet to refuse any dealings at all.

How common people will take this I don't know but I do know Taksin has caused so much angst and hatred against him and his clan from normal ordinary people that they are simply totally fed up with him and want him and lot out.

One man and his megalomaniac ego has caused all this and its probably now a war to the end. It is simply not possible to compromise with this government who cock a snoop and openly say they wont recognise court decisions.

Only untouchables,elite and army hates Thaksin,because those three are the only ones who will loose all if Thaksin comes back.Those three are also the ones who kicked Thaksin out of office.When Thaksin was in office he tried to take power away from the army by trying to put friends and family into high positions,by cutting budgets.Those three parties are not interested in a democratic Thailand with educated people allover

the country.They want to keep their status.What we see in Thailand now we saw already

1789-179? in France.Thaksin was one of the best PM Thailand ever had.He did many things right,and most thais loved or love him.Sure in western eyes he is just another thief

and cheater but here is Thailand not USA or Germany.

/

The red shirts are arguing amongst them selves now. they called a temporary peace when Thaksin opened his check book.

Pay attention in two of the last three elections all in red shirt strongholds the democrats have won the one they did not win was in Chiang Mai to Thaksins sister and even then they did not get as many votes as they had in the last election.

History and world news can tell you any thing they want to.

Pay attention see how 2010 has not changed one bit but the story history is telling us is being rewritten.

Explain how you can have a coup when you have no Prime Minister?

Don't buy into the BS being put out to change the records of what happened. We are not far enough away for that to happen with the supposed 2006 coup there are still people who were alive then. Give it another generation and it will be called a bloody coup.

Do you get all your information from the Nation. Don't get me wrong they do on occasion come up with some really good stuff but most of it if you take the time to read past the headline is drivel, Many times the article has nothing to do with the headline.

Pay attention.

let me answer you point y point:

"Pay attention in two of the last three elections all in red shirt strongholds the democrats have won the one they did not win was in Chiang Mai to Thaksins sister and even then they did not get as many votes as they had in the last election."

Can you tell me when the democrats win a nationwide election since 2006 ? as far as i know :zero

"History and world news can tell you any thing they want to"

Of course your enlightment and wisdom is far better than the whole world sayings right? you should start making public speeches to let the whole world how wrong we all are and how you can bring the truth to us with THE truth that only you detains

"Explain how you can have a coup when you have no Prime Minister?

Don't buy into the BS being put out to change the records of what happened. We are not far enough away for that to happen with the supposed 2006 coup there are still people who were alive then. Give it another generation and it will be called a bloody coup."

I m sure younger than you if i trust your profile and that s why maybe you have the "wisdom of the white beard" but being a quite recent event but a "coup d'etat" is also known as a coup, a putsch, or an overthrow, is the sudden deposition of a government usually by a small group of the existing state establishment—typically the military—to depose the extant government and replace it with another body, civil or military.

It doesn't need a prime minister to occur

"Do you get all your information from the Nation. Don't get me wrong they do on occasion come up with some really good stuff but most of it if you take the time to read past the headline is drivel, Many times the article has nothing to do with the headline."

As far as i m concerned i m far from being inside the Nation newspapper every day, however YOU seems to be here quite a lot if i refer to the number of posts you made since 2011, you seems to have a lot of interest for thaivisa which is the forum made by the Nation... If you re retired i suggest you to find another hobby as it seems you get too far into this

I return your advice and think you pay FAR too much attention to your own thinking and not enough to the reality.

i put the comic font to quote you as i think it suit you well don t you think?

• Like 2

Why do people always say the government was elected? They PAID for there votes…. That is Not democratic. That is Corruption…and that is what the Yingluck Government is.

I am sick of hearing people repeat this nonsense.

My girlfriend and dozens of other people in my neighborhood NEVER received a single baht for their vote.

In the contrary, they spend a lot of money to go to the votes.

On the other hand, the democrat candidate offered a free ride in a brandnew Toyota minibus and a free meal to everybody that wanted to vote for him.

Stop with that partizan propaganda please.

My gf, and each of her family, received 300 baht from the reds to vote for them. The little cherub happily took the money and voted for the yellows. :)

• Like 1

My stance is all politicians, democrats or Peuh Thai are crooked in Thailand, i do not stand for Thaksin but for sure neither the democrats who tried to keep for decades the rural people in ignorance because it served them quite well and needed a Thaksin to wake up...a bit

Maybe i m the only one here to think that I d not have a practical solution to this mess, however mass education seems to be a good start, getting rid of the democracy and asking for an appointed cabinet is for sure not the solution.

• Like 1

My girlfriend and dozens of other people in my neighborhood NEVER received a single baht for their vote.

On the other hand, the democrat candidate offered a free ride in a brandnew Toyota minibus and a free meal to everybody that wanted to vote for him.

My gf, and each of her family, received 300 baht from the reds to vote for them. The little cherub happily took the money and voted for the yellows. smile.png

and this show how vote buying is not efficient and is done by both sides here

My gf, and each of her family, received 300 baht from the reds to vote for them. The little cherub happily took the money and voted for the yellows. smile.png

People are happy to receive money from either or both sides - but once they walk into vote - they will vote however they want.... and like most people will tell people what they want to hear...... For farang it is "Thai men are no good, like old fat bald farang better".... for people paying the money it is "vote for you because you represent me best". :)

Well, I hate thaksin too and I am not untouchable, elite or army (last I checked).

I'm not sure what you think he did right?

As far as I can tell, he screwed this country...by analogy, he looked at 100 baht and by giving poorer people about 25 satang, which they were ecstatic about, while at the same time taking 99.75 for himself and his friends. All the while this 100 baht was soaked up from the public coffers to begin with.

Thaksin is no friend to democracy. He has said so himself in interviews!

And I'd like to know what your definition of "elite" is -- because the last time I checked Thaksin's wallet wasn't too thin. Most of my friends anyway aren't jetting around to a dozen countries and buying citizenship in Montenegro, etc.

You find the Thai politician who is genuine about education for the next generation of Thais, and genuine about funding the needed infrastructure of Thailand (without every Noi, Plaa, and Phat snogging their cut from the public trough), then you will have found a true leader who should be revered and admired!

Your comments remind me of that old line: Mussolini? Well at least the trains run on time.

Only untouchables,elite and army hates Thaksin,because those three are the only ones who will loose all if Thaksin comes back.Those three are also the ones who kicked Thaksin out of office.When Thaksin was in office he tried to take power away from the army by trying to put friends and family into high positions,by cutting budgets.Those three parties are not interested in a democratic Thailand with educated people allover

the country.They want to keep their status.What we see in Thailand now we saw already

1789-179? in France.Thaksin was one of the best PM Thailand ever had.He did many things right,and most thais loved or love him.Sure in western eyes he is just another thief

and cheater but here is Thailand not USA or Germany.

• Like 1

So you dont know how common people would react in an election but claim that normal ordinary would react different ?

Please tell us the difference between common people and normal ordinary people ? you seem to be saying they are a different class which inferrs you consider the common people to be inferior and not normal, well its the common people that have the mass vote and perhaps just perhaps that whilst this kind of attitude towards the common people prevails they will continue to mass vote for the party they think will benefit them at least somewhat. It sure isnt going to be the party who considers them to be inferior or abnormal i suspect.

Maybe thats why the past 8 elections have always been the same result, the common vote is the vote that counts not the rich or middle class but the commoner in their millions . wink.png

BS common people ordinary people <deleted> are you on about many common people or ordinary people or poor people or issan people or whatever you call them hate and loathe Taksin. Stop being so crass as to try and pretend to be champion of poor. Your probably like most hypocrites living very nice life . We harvest the rice and my wives family are about as poor as you could get but have through hard work made a decent living a bit removed from where they came from. They however are not so silly as to be brainwashed by red lies and Taksin BS.

You'd be good in a peoples star chamber sitting in judgement while lording it over all and pretending your really with poor.

Just like your master who thinks because he has fooled enough to vote he can do anything. Do you need a list of all dictators who were elected such as Mugabwie, Saddam, Hitler, Amin and countless others. If you can't see Taksin and his clan for what they are you are as blind as those who followed all other would be and successful dictators.

Best just call an election and then amnesty bill is dead but no that would not fit the plan to bring back Taksin at whatever cost

"I told Yingluck that this is the only and last time I see her until power is handed over to the people,"

"The People", in this case not including the four dead people who died for this "cause". Who sounds like were probably students / young protesters ie. kids pretty much. And for what? Power handed over? How? Why? To who? Is the abstract concept of "power" worth even a grazed knee on a young person, much less their whole future life erased. For nothing. Nothing has been achieved. The massprotest large number of people on the street, for a day, was an achievement and a powerful statement. Everything since then has been tragic, stupid, pointless.

Well to be absolutely frank, small fish (the kids) shouldn't be swimming amongst "the sharks" (the protesters). Students should not interfere in politics, if the students want to change things they must relies it can only be through education, and not by force.

I take it you've never been a student.

• Like 2

I take it you've never been a student.

you should have seen "mai 68" in France...students changed a lot of things there in those times

• Like 1

My stance is all politicians, democrats or Peuh Thai are crooked in Thailand, i do not stand for Thaksin but for sure neither the democrats who tried to keep for decades the rural people in ignorance because it served them quite well and needed a Thaksin to wake up...a bit

Maybe i m the only one here to think that I d not have a practical solution to this mess, however mass education seems to be a good start, getting rid of the democracy and asking for an appointed cabinet is for sure not the solution.

So true, why can´t people understand this?

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

So true, why can´t people understand this?

Agree. I actually sympathise with the red shirt movement but they are being used by others who have a different agenda.

Education is the answer. However, self-education is the best answer, second best is education by principled people. The education the masses are getting, both in Thailand and the world at large, is at best indoctrination controlled by those who wish to control and manipulate the masses for the state/elite agenda.

Lets think about the future.

What is the solution to current problems? This in effect Thailand's arab spring, but you might question the integrity and background of Suthep.

Here is my thoughts: Yingluck government should resign and military take over. Sutheps people's government sounds very vague and wishy washy. So how do you implement changes? The answer has to be use the existing system and remove the flaws. So that mean an appointed parliament by military, using a mixture of existing parliamentarians and electing those from the protest groups? There should be no overwhelming majority. Parliament improves laws and rewrites constitution.

Any other suggestions /improvements?

Not interested in new elections speaks volumes about his real interest in democracy.

he is 100% correct - there is no democracy in this country but there might be a huge step towards it if this government step down and allow a committee to fix it and have a referendum - the key here is that they must do everything to set a good solid base to allow democracy to actually work and remove the abuse and rampant corruption we have witnessed from PTP - it does not surprise me that they refuse to step down because when they do all will be revealed as to exactly what they have been doing the last 2 years - the missing billions will be the headline

The people will always get to vote but it must be right this time - I don't care if PTP win an election when it happens but they must not be allowed to abuse power like they have the last 2 years

This country needs a solid Constitution with no gaps that would allow crooks to abuse it like we have seen - they may need outside help to achieve this but I have no doubt that that is what these protests are about

It's quite unbelievable that the criminal on the run has caused so much damage to the Thai people and continues to do so, if only they knew just how much money these Shins have made and how little it takes buy support, if only the ACC could look into the accounts of the red mob leaders

• Like 1

Rural people in Thailand really do not need much encouragement to stay ignorant.

They are happy to stay lazy and do nothing , the occasional hand out is all that is needed to make them happy.

You do realize there is problem with staff in Thailand not due to labor shortages , but due to lazy people unwilling to work.

You do realize no government on this planet can stop self education, and yet I do not see too many of them even trying to make an effort .

Try employing and working with your beloved so called rural people , it's mind boggling how so any can be that lazy and unmotivated, with no desire or ambition to succeed.

Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 1