How to Reduce data usage

Mike45

I signed up for True Move H prepaid 3GB 30 day package two weeks ago. I just checked and the usage says 4.26GB so I have been throttled down.

I use this package every time I visit the LOS and have never hit 3GB.

Any ideas how to determine what's on my phone using the data and how do I pay more to get more GB when I'm already in a package?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Mike45, it would make it easier to give you specific advice if you indicated on what operating system your phone is running. Android, for example, has a built-in app that shows you how much data every program and application on you phone has been using, but for all I know your phone may be using iOS or Windows for Mobile or Blackberry OS or whatever.

Mike45, it would make it easier to give you specific advice if you indicated on what operating system your phone is running. Android, for example, has a built-in app that shows you how much data every program and application on you phone has been using, but for all I know your phone may be using iOS or Windows for Mobile or Blackberry OS or whatever.

I am using an iPhone 4 that is at the latest iOS. Thanks I should have been more specific

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3767668?start=30&tstart=0

http://www.wikihow.com/Check-Data-Usage-on-an-iPhone

You can cancel an existing pre-paid mobile data package, then re-subsscribe to a new mobile data package.

I think you can use the IVR system to cancel, maybe *9000; or USSD *902*02# SEND

Then add value, if required, and re-subscribe using the appropriate USSD code for the desired plan.

@Maestro: I do not think, his iPhone can use these other Operating Systems...

@Maestro: I do not think, his iPhone can use these other Operating Systems...

He never said it did, he merely asked him to identify his Phone OS.

I am using an iPhone 4 that is at the latest iOS. Thanks I should have been more specific

Try the True iService application.

Read again...

I think perhaps you need to read it again... it's all in one post:

Posted Today, 07:54

Maestro, on 02 Dec 2013 - 01:51, said:snapback.png

Try the True iService application.

This application is really good, the new Android version is excellent, but I'm not sure it will help the OP identify much other than how much data he has consumed.

I am fairly certain there are ways, either natively or by the use of an iApp, to identify which applications/services are using data.

In the Android world, at least with 4.4, I can just go to Settings, and tick Data usage; I think there must be something similar in the iWorld?

post-9615-0-14332300-1385967314_thumb.jp

In the Android world, at least with 4.4, I can just go to Settings, and tick Data usage.

That's been there since 4.2 at least. Nifty feature, and going back the OP I have no idea how he's managed to use 4.2Gb in a fortnight, I have a 3Gb package which easily lasts a month and I'm quite a heavy Internet user.

Anyway, for IOS7 perhaps here is the answer:

http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/25/ios-7-how-to-monitor-track-your-cellular-data-usage/

Edited by Chicog

I had a similar problem with my PAYG, out of credit in 3 days without making a call or using the internet!

Simply turn off data app.

This is a completely different issue, and not a relevant solution for the OP. If you have not subscribed to a data plan then you will pay 1 baht/min when you are connected to 2G/3G. So one can quickly burn through a pre-paid balance unless you turn data off on the phone, or via a USSD command to the service provider.

As I understand it, the OP has subscribed to a data plan, but appears to be consuming his allotted volume quite quickly for reasons which he has yet to identify.

Edited by lomatopo

• 10 months later...

Not sure what version of iOS you are using but the newer once have an overview about what app uses what data. Go to settings - cellular and scroll down than you see all your apps with an indicator on how much traffic it use and you have a switch for every app you want to disable mobile data for.

• Like 1